51648
47658

Juice Plus?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 4th, 2008, 8:30 am

Josh, that is the most ridiculious thing that you could have written. Its nice to know you get all of your information from Wikipedia!!

First of all, if Juice Plus is a dietary supplement and not a whole food nutrition product, how come the government makes them put Nutrition Facts on the back instead of Supplement Facts? NAI is in charge of the encapsulation of JP+, correct, but the Fruits and Veggies are hand picked by contracted farmers in Southern Cali and then then fruit and veggie powders are in the capsule withing 72 hours. If you don't believe me, go to San Marcos, California and take a tour.

All I can say about the blood pressure is yes, my mom and grandmother both had high blood pressure, and with the JP+ capsules, it keeps there blood pressure at a steady rate and has taken them off of blood pressure medicine. Maybe it was just a coinsidence though.

Speaking of cancer! I can't say that JP+ prevents cancer, but in the 12 "published" studies in medical journals, the scientific facts say that the cancer markers in the body are positively affected by the JP+ capsules. I can't say that it prevents cancer, but it lowers all the markers that are cancer related. Take it for what its worth.

St. Judes: do you really think St. Judes would associate there company with any product that just sent them a donation. Once again, go to St. Judes and take a tour and ask the oncologist about JP+. Most of them do use the JP+ capsules in the radiation because it is a whole food product. The body thinks it is getting fruits and vegetables and doesn't think it is getting individual supplements. Trust me, the body knows what to do with the food when it gets it. People with cancer and that are in treatment take JP+ fine and it doesn't negatively affect chemotherepy or radiation.

Lastly, I am never going to convince you are get you to understand that maybe this is actually a good product. Somewhere in your past, someone has misinformed you or you have had a bad experience with a JP+ distributor and you can't let it go. You are probably selling another product any way and have no research to back it up because there are no other products with research on there individual product. So your best bet is to knock down every other product on the market.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 4th, 2008, 12:57 pm

My my my, I love all the ambiguity that MLMs use to flog their product.
You can't say the stuff cures anything, because it doesn't.
All the pseudo medical stuff you spew is truly laughable.
This is right up there with those Q Ray bracelets.

"I just feel better."
"If it didn't work, why would I wear it?"

Where are the independent studies?

As far a St. Judes is concerned, they accept donations from all types of businesses and individuals. It does not mean that they recommend or endorse products with which they are associated.

If this were the case, Domino's pizza would be saying they were the chosen Pizza of the St. Judes Hospital. Gee, that must mean that Domino's Pizza helps cure cancer.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.js ... 2015acRCRD
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby Josh Rogan » Feb 4th, 2008, 9:38 pm

danyjr24 wrote:Josh, that is the most ridiculious thing that you could have written. Its nice to know you get all of your information from Wikipedia!!


Actually Dany, what seems truly ridiculous is that you made all those specious claims about Juice Plus without a single source to support them, but you are nonetheless trying vainly to bash Wikipedia’s article on Juice Plus, even though it contains 60 reputable references. I read many of those documents that were referenced and they support the facts stated in the article.

danyjr24 wrote:First of all, if Juice Plus is a dietary supplement and not a whole food nutrition product, how come the government makes them put Nutrition Facts on the back instead of Supplement Facts?


The fact is that Juice Plus is a dietary supplement according to FDA regulations, just like any other multivitaim, and you should already know this. My protein supplement powder contains isolated whey protein with a slew of added vitamins and it also carries the nutrition facts label -- that doesn’t mean it is “whole food” nor does it claim to be.

danyjr24 wrote:NAI is in charge of the encapsulation of JP+, correct, but the Fruits and Veggies are hand picked by contracted farmers in Southern Cali and then then fruit and veggie powders are in the capsule withing 72 hours. If you don't believe me, go to San Marcos, California and take a tour.


Well of course we don’t believe you but since you are the one selling the product, you should be able to back up your statement with something tangible and verifiable rather than putting the onus on us to fly to California just to confirm that you are misinformed. As I said before, it is a public fact that NAI buys pre-processed juice powders from at least two chemical manufacturers (Cognis and Schweizerhall) so you might want to stop shoveling all of this “hand-picked” nonsense at us.

danyjr24 wrote:All I can say about the blood pressure is yes, my mom and grandmother both had high blood pressure, and with the JP+ capsules, it keeps there blood pressure at a steady rate and has taken them off of blood pressure medicine. Maybe it was just a coinsidence though.


You can say it; you just can't say it legally! You, a Juice Plus distributor, are implicitly claiming that the product can treat hypertension (and substitute for FDA-approved antihypertensive treatment), which, as I pointed out before, is illegal. If you want to try to defend that claim, give us some contact information so that we can forward it to the FDA and you can tell your little story to them.

danyjr24 wrote:Speaking of cancer! I can't say that JP+ prevents cancer, but in the 12 "published" studies in medical journals, the scientific facts say that the cancer markers in the body are positively affected by the JP+ capsules. I can't say that it prevents cancer, but it lowers all the markers that are cancer related. Take it for what its worth.


Speaking of cancer…you should stop! You obviously are not an oncologist and shouldn’t be pretending to have expertise on the subject. No “cancer marker” has ever been shown to be affected by Juice Plus. And if there were quality clinical trials that showed Juice Plus positively affected actual “cancer markers”, the manufacturers would submit a new drug application to the FDA, get Juice Plus approved for cancer treatment, and then reap billions of dollars from it. If you are basing your claim merely on the 2 or so lame company-funded studies studies that looked at DNA oxidation in a test tube, then you haven’t a leg to stand on. Lots of compounds (like vitamin C or just about any other ordinary antioxidant vitamin) will prevent DNA oxidation in a test tube but this is not equivalent to preventing DNA damage in the body and has no bearing on whether or not malignancy will develop. It most certainly does not entitle a manufacturer to claim that their product positively affects any “cancer marker”. You should stop making these claims because they are in violation of FDA regulations.

danyjr24 wrote:St. Judes: do you really think St. Judes would associate there company with any product that just sent them a donation. Once again, go to St. Judes and take a tour and ask the oncologist about JP+. Most of them do use the JP+ capsules in the radiation because it is a whole food product. The body thinks it is getting fruits and vegetables and doesn't think it is getting individual supplements. Trust me, the body knows what to do with the food when it gets it. People with cancer and that are in treatment take JP+ fine and it doesn't negatively affect chemotherepy or radiation.


Trust you? About cancer treatment? Are you serious??? Once again, why should the onus be on us to fly to St. Jude’s in Nashville to verify claims which, if true (and they aren’t), you should be able to readily back up -- for instance by showing us confirmation from (1) any webpage at St. Jude’s (2) any expert commentary from a St. Jude’s physician that describes using Juice Plus for cancer patients (3) official marketing materials from the manufacturer that make these claims. I just did a Google search and found nothing that even remotely suggests that anyone at St. Jude’s is using Juice Plus for cancer patients. You were also provided with commentaries from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and U Penn’s Abrahamson Cancer Center which were critical of Juice Plus and, in one case they specifically advised cancer patients to not take Juice Plus.
http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69270.cfm
http://www.oncolink.com/experts/article ... =3&id=2390
http://juiceplusresearch.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html

danyjr24 wrote:Lastly, I am never going to convince you are get you to understand that maybe this is actually a good product.


NO S**T!!! Certainly not based on what you’ve said so far.

danyjr24 wrote:Somewhere in your past, someone has misinformed you or you have had a bad experience with a JP+ distributor and you can't let it go.


In the past??? You’re doing it right now!!!

danyjr24 wrote:You are probably selling another product any way and have no research to back it up because there are no other products with research on there individual product. So your best bet is to knock down every other product on the market.


Trying to wiggle out of this by pointing an accusing finger at others? That's weak dude. No one else here has tried to sell anything.
Josh Rogan
 
Posts: 5
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 30th, 2008, 8:04 am

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 9:44 am

Here is the "information" to back up my claims. This is not coming from me, nor the company, but from the prestigious universities and medical centers that have taken on the task of researching JP+. NSA, Inc. doesn't have a single say so on what the studies say. Go to each journal's website or library and look up the volume number and page number and read them for yourself. I am not arguing with you for just fun or because I think JP+ is a great product. I am only on here because it is the only product that I have seen to have research backed by it.

What protein powder do you use because I would love to see the label and possibly start using it?

Here are the published studies, right from the journals they were published in, with an extract of the basis of the study towards the bottom. I don't have anything else to say because the research says it all.


1. The Journal of Nutrition 2006; 135:2606-2610

2. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2004; 23 (3): 205-211

3. The Journal of Nutrition 2003; 133 (7): 2188-2193

4. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics 2000; 13 (1): 21-27

5. Nutrition Research 1999; 19 (10): 1507-1518

6. Integrative Medicine 1999; 2 (1): 3-10

7. Current Therapeutic Research 1996; 57 (6): 445-461

8. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2006; 38 (6): 1098-1105

9. Nutrition Research 2003; 23 (9): 1221-1228

10. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2003; 41 (10): 1744-1749


PUBLISHED, CURRENT & CONTINUING INDEPENDENT RESEARCH ON JUICE PLUS+

These following studies have been published in these prestigious Medical Journals:

•Changes In Plasma Carotenoid, Alpha-Tocopherol, and Lipid Peroxide Levels In Response To Supplementation With Concentrated Fruit & Vegetable Extracts: Current Therapeutic Research, Vol 57 Number 6, 1996, research done at the University of Texas, San Antonio.
•Immune Function Improves During Fruit & Vegetable Extract Supplementation: Integrative Medicine, Vol 2, Number 1, 1999, research done at the University of Arizona.
•Supplementation With Fruit & Vegetable Extracts Reduces DNA Damage In The Peripheral Lymphocytes Of An Elderly Population: Nutrition Research, Vol 19, Number 10, 1999, research done at Brigham Young University.
•Bio-Availability of Micronutrients From Dried, Encapsulated Fruit & Vegetable Preparations: A Study In Healthy Volunteers: British Journal of Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Vol 13, 2000, research done at King’s College London, England.
• Effect of Supplemental Phytonutrients on Impairment of the Flow-Mediated Brachialartery Vasoactivity After a Single High-fat Meal: The Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 21 May 2003, Vol 41, Issue 10 research done at the University of Maryland.
•A Mixed Fruit and Vegetable Concentrate Increases Plasma Antioxidant Vitamins and Folate and Lowers Plasma Homocysteine in Men: The Journal of Nutrition, July 2003, Vol 133 No.7. This Australian Juice Plus+® Study was done at the University of Sydney, Sydney Australia showing, Bioavailability & antioxidant verification, Homocysteine reduction and LDL Cholesterol improvement.
•Supplementation with fruit and vegetable concentrate Decreases Plasma Homocysteine Levels in a dietary controlled trial. Nutrition Research, Vol 23, Issue 9 September 2003, Pages 1221 – 1228, research done in Foggia, Italy.
•Supplementation with Mixed Fruit and Vegetable Juice Concentrates Increased Serum Antioxidants and Folate in Healthy Adults. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 23, No 3, 205-211, 2004, research done at the University of Vienna, Vienna Austria.

STUDIES CURRENTLY UNDERWAY

1)Louisiana State University and Wake Forest University, Biomarkers of Cancer in previous head and neck cancer patients, Dr. Jennifer Hu. United States Government Funded by the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute
2)MD Anderson, Nutritional Status and Quality of Life of Ovarian Cancer Patients, post treatment, by Dr. Lovell Jones.
3)University of Milan, Oxidative Stress in Smokers, Dr. Dotoressa Bamonti.
4)UCLA - Georgetown, Bio-Availability and Carryover Effect, Dr. Gil Kaats. To be presented at the FASEB Conference in 2004.
5)University of North Carolina Greensborough, Exercise Induced Oxidative Stress, by Dr. Allan Goldfarb. Due to be completed in 2004.
6)Vanderbilt, Regression of Coronary Heart Disease, by Dr. Marc Houston. (includes Vineyard Blend). .
7)University of Mississippi, Medical Center, Pregnancy Health and Pre-Eclampsia, by Dr. James Martin.
8)University of Wuerzburg, Germany, Gum Health (Periodontal Disease), by Dr. Ulrich Schlagenhauf.
9) Yale-Griffin University, Endothelial Function in Insulin Resistant Adults, by Dr. Jeffrey Katz.
10) Tokyo Women’s University, Bioavailability in an Asian population.
11) University of Florida, Immune Function in healthy Young Adults.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 9:49 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the "information" to back up my claims. This is not coming from me, nor the company, but from the prestigious universities and medical centers that have taken on the task of researching JP+. NSA, Inc. doesn't have a single say so on what the studies say. Go to each journal's website or library and look up the volume number and page number and read them for yourself. I am not arguing with you for just fun or because I think JP+ is a great product. I am only on here because it is the only product that I have seen to have research backed by it.


Um right. It is only a coincidence that you also sell the product.

So what licence do you have to diagnose and prescribe?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 9:51 am

I have been taking it for 15 years and I have been selling it for 3. Its not selling when you believe in it.

Check this webpage out from the National Cancer Institute.

http://www.cancer.gov/Templates/drugdic ... rID=315883
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 10:16 am

"These extracts MAY prevent development or recurrence of cancer."

Gee, that sounds like a sure thing. Can you say inconclusive?


Thinking happy thoughts MAY prevent development or recurrence of cancer.

" Its not selling when you believe in it. "

You're hilarious! So I guess you give it away out of the goodness of your heart.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 10:27 am

Why not send us links to all those studies to which you referred?

If this stuff cured cancer, high blood pressure and who knows what else, don't you think it would be on CNN and the front page of all the newspapers?

I suspect the studies showed that the product was not harmful (in most cases). This is not earth shaking. Vegetables are generally good for you.

I doubt that there is any definitive, reproducable, triple blind, independent studies which prove that this product cures anything.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 11:48 am

I love the fact that you are suspicious about the research being that I do the same thing to other products but they can never come through. I gave you the journals for the studies, but I guess I will post the links to where they are actually at. The studies are all randomized, double blind, placebo controled, crossover, peer reviewed, published medical studies! Here are a few of the links. You have to get them from the actual journal though, the JP+ website doesn't have them in there full form because certain people would then say that the matierial was altered. Here are 2 of them. Go to http://www.juiceplus.com, click on what clinical research has shown on the bottom right, then click on what juice plus reseach shows, and then you can click on the individual school that did each study, then click on the journal that it was published in, and lastly you can click on view complete article and it will bring you to the actual journal and it is sited there. let me know what you think!!

Here are 2 but I don't feel like doing all of your homework for you

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/reprint/23/3/205

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... 42c54feb82
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Not news.

Eating fruit and vegetables is beneficial. Most people don't eat properly.
Supplements can be beneficial for people who don't eat well.

Whoopeee!

I didn't see anything that says Juice Plus cures anything!

Companies like this use vague language to imply that their product has something miraculous. Then they go on to prey on the desperate and uneducated with anecdotal BS about "somebody's friend" who was cured.

Eat more fruit and vegetables. Fresh foods provide the nutrients as well as soluble and insoluble fibre. If you cannot manage to eat enough fruit and vegetables, you may benefit from a supplement.

That's it. There is nothing magical there.

Matol, Mannatech and dozens of others have been selling all sorts of "miracle" products. They intentionally seek out people who are not well with promises of "improved health and vitality". They use misinformation and pseudo science to convince people to pay ridiculous amounts of money for something which, at best, probably won't do them any harm.

Then they make all sorts of ridiculous accusations of corporate conspiracies to prevent them from letting the world know about it.
"The pharmaceutical companies don't want you to know this works so you will keep buying their drugs."

This is where it does get dangerous. Sick, desperate, frightened people willing to believe anything and pay anything to end their suffering.
They are not rational enough to wonder at the wisdom of taking medical/nutritional advice from someone who was a plumber last week.

Here are some websites worth looking at.

http://www.mlmwatch.org/

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... s/mlm.html

http://www.acu-cell.com/mlm.html
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 12:42 pm

When did I ever say that Juice Plus cures anything. I mentioned that my mom and grand mother had high blood pressure, and that when taking JP+, it brought it down to a steady level, not that it got cured. I mentioned that kids at St. Judes take JP+, not that it cured cancer. I said that studies show that the Juice Plus capsule itself has been shown to reduce the bad things in your body and increase the good things. No other supplement, whether it be Centrum, One a Day, Noni Juice, Mona Vie, have any documentation on them. This is what seperates JP+ from every other supplement out there. Not 1 place on my website, or the companies website will you ever see testimonials!! Yeah, some distributors use testomonials but not at the discretion of the company. NSA, Inc. is continuously cutting down on the amount of people using testimonials becasuse if you have testemonials, you have no research and we do. I am also not saying that JP+ has something miraculous in it. Its very simple, fruits and veggies in a capsule. Not Vit C, Vit D, Vit A, beta carotene in a capsule. Its fruits and vegetables in a capsule. I will challenge you to keep my information and in 5, 10, 15 years, come back and you will see that the JP+ product is still on the market and probably sitting on everyones shelves, even yourself.

A little background on the company that JP+ comes from:

1970's: they pioneered the smoke detector business. Became #1 in the world in that industry and now everyone has smoke detectors everywhere.

1980's: they pioneered the water and air filtration business. Became #1 in the world in that industry and now everyone has bottled water on their desk and in refrigerator.

1993: Introduced JP+ and is now the #1 encapsulated product in the world. I'm pretty sure we are #1 in that industry and have not had another product line since. What makes you think that this company is in it just for the next miracle drug and not to start a trend that will carry over for a very very long time.

I really don't have to prove to whoever you are that JP+ is a good product. You will see that one day when everyone is taking it and all the other products have gone by the wayside. The research already shows that it works. What degrees do you have to prove the Universities mentioned above wrong!!!
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 1:03 pm

You have repeatedly implied that taking your supplement has somehow improved medical conditons. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY YOUR PRODUCT CURED IT.

You have thrown around the name of St. Jude's Hospital in an attempt to give your product credibility.

You have shown studies which use words like MAY have a positive result.
VAGUE VAGUE VAGUE. They also say that fruit and vegetables are beneficial....DUH!

Your spin is trying to say that your particular product is something special.
Hand picked, blah blah blah.


As far as the company history goes, that is particularly funny.
A company which makes electronic devices is now making supplements.

Hmmmmm. That really shows they know what they are doing.

So now you are selling a nutritional product from people who make electronics. Not all that different from taking medical advice from that plumber.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 1:16 pm

A privately held company that has done in excess of 6 billion dollars in business and has had 1 owner/president since day 1, and has had a 20% growth year on year for the past 13 years doesn't really seem like that great of a company. Get real. Why would you give the company credit anyways?

Can I ask you something and not sound like a smartass. What do you do to make sure you are as healthy as you can be? If JP+ is obviously not a good product, please inform me of something that is better than what I have been taking for 15 years?
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Postby gardengirl » Feb 7th, 2008, 1:26 pm

I exercise, eat chicken, fish, pork and a little red meat.
I also eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
I cook using very little fat, and usually have vegetables either raw or steamed.

I wash my hands with soap and water frequently, especially during cold season.

I don't buy into fad diets or health products.

I have never smoked. I enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner and a bit of dark chocolate now and then.

I am slim, fit, and very healthy. I rarely ever get even as much as a cold.

My own doctor (GP) thought I was 5-7 years younger than I am.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12753
Likes: 522 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Location: Wrong side of the tracks.

Postby danyjr24 » Feb 7th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Thats good to know. I am in the business to get people to eat healthy and live a healthier lifestyle. It is good to see that you are in great shape and are doing everything correctly. You don't need to look at JP+ to take the product, but 95% of America doesn't eat their fruits and vegetables, especially raw. So to balance their diet, they take supplements because they just don't know. I never knew that supplements were such a big business but when it gets down to it, people do not have an isolated vitamin deficiency, they have a whole food deficiency. That is why I take JP+ and recommend it to everyone because I know most people don't take health very seriously. I am glad that you know what to do to be healthy and are taking steps to improve your life.
danyjr24
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 11th, 2008, 1:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests