Do vaccinations or inoculations trigger autism?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Do vaccinations or inoculations trigger autism?

Postby dudlee » Feb 14th, 2008, 9:46 am

I really want parents of autistic children to answer the question.I have seen so many perfectly healthy,normal children get totally screwed up by these shots.Tell me your stories
dudlee
Übergod

Liked in: 19 posts

Postby tawnylee » Feb 14th, 2008, 10:36 am

I have 2 close friends whose children have autism (boy boys) and one never had immunizations, and the other believes her son was autistic before his immunizations. As a mother of 3, (2 older girls, last child was a boy) the pros outweighed the cons. I really suggest you do your research before making a decision that could affect your childs health and wellbeing.
And yes, I immunized my son, and he's perfectly fine.

ETA: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060705/autism_vaccine_060507/20060705?hub=Health

IMHO, the reason so many children are found to have autism is because it's more easily diagnosed now. Sure we've seen an increase in cases, but how many more dr's are trained to notice the signs? That's just my $0.02 though
Last edited by tawnylee on Feb 14th, 2008, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Hugh Jass » Feb 14th, 2008, 10:39 am

I am a long time Autism worker and have taken many many courses on Autism. If you have questions or concerns I would be glad to help if I can, just PM me.
Hugh Jass
Übergod

Postby tawnylee » Feb 14th, 2008, 10:43 am

Awesome! THanks Hugh for coming on here!
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby gardengirl » Feb 14th, 2008, 11:17 am

This is from the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaccines/CC00014

Some information about illness rates before the advent of vaccinations:

http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscien ... ccines.asp
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 491 posts

Postby Yellow Sprinkles » Feb 14th, 2008, 11:30 am

tawnylee wrote:I have 2 close friends whose children have autism (boy boys) and one never had immunizations, and the other believes her son was autistic before his immunizations. As a mother of 3, (2 older girls, last child was a boy) the pros outweighed the cons. I really suggest you do your research before making a decision that could affect your childs health and wellbeing.

ETA: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060705/autism_vaccine_060507/20060705?hub=Health

IMHO, the reason so many children are found to have autism is because it's more easily diagnosed now. Sure we've seen an increase in cases, but how many more dr's are trained to notice the signs? That's just my $0.02 though

Very wise. It is absolutely a parent's responsibility to research this topic, to find many sources (to try to eliminate bias) and to make an informed decision.

Has anyone read anything scientific that definitively proves a link between vaccines and autism?
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Emerson
Yellow Sprinkles
Board Meister

Postby broadspectrum » Feb 14th, 2008, 1:54 pm

I don't believe there is any scientific study in a peer reviewed journal which has clearly linked autism with vaccinations. There was a paper some years back which claimed to have found a link but the majority of the authors have since stated that they no longer believe the findings. Signs of autism often demonstrate themselves around the same time that vaccinations are given which is why the link was investigated to begin with. I have two children with autism. One showed signs by 10 months old and the other didn't show any signs until after 24 months. I don't believe there is a link. I think that even if there were I would still lean toward having a future child vaccinated. I adore my children and autism is but a small part of who they are.
I believe that the rapidly escalating rates of autism are due both to the way autism is diagnosed now as well as some yet unknown factor which is causing more children to be affected by autism. My older child would have not received an autism diagnosis even two years ago. I confess that I have not spent a great deal of time researching what might have caused their autism. There is too little known and too much speculation. The internet is full of theories and my time is better spent finding them the help they need now.
broadspectrum

Postby gardengirl » Feb 14th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Thank you for that. Excellent post.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Postby dudlee » Feb 14th, 2008, 4:02 pm

Yellow Sprinkles wrote:
tawnylee wrote:I have 2 close friends whose children have autism (boy boys) and one never had immunizations, and the other believes her son was autistic before his immunizations. As a mother of 3, (2 older girls, last child was a boy) the pros outweighed the cons. I really suggest you do your research before making a decision that could affect your childs health and wellbeing.

Very wise. It is absolutely a parent's responsibility to research this topic, to find many sources (to try to eliminate bias) and to make an informed decision.

Has anyone read anything scientific that definitively proves a link between vaccines and autism?

Such a study would never be allowed to be funded.Just think about the ramifications.Ifthey did find a link, the producers of vaccines,the governments, the doctors, the nurses could possibly be held liable, it would crush too many for it to be allowed
dudlee
Übergod

Postby dudlee » Feb 14th, 2008, 4:17 pm

What would make you believe that it was a shot that caused a child to become autistic.
What if you were playing with your child and he was perfect one day and then the next he is vaccinated and everything changes.He doesn't talk, he doesn't eat,he looses focus and concentration abilties,he was active , then he's not, he was there, now he's not.He was happy and very smart, then silent and withdrawn.Your told oh he must have shown some signs and yet the entire family says no.You know what you saw with your own eyes and it was right when he was given that shot, there's absolutely no question in your mind, it was the cause,
What would you do?You saw it with your own eyes.What would you do?
dudlee
Übergod

Postby gardengirl » Feb 14th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Is it possible that it is not autism? Could it be some other condition?
An allergic reaction to something in the vaccination?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Hugh Jass » Feb 14th, 2008, 4:52 pm

What would you do?You saw it with your own eyes.What would you do

Id start focusing on learning as much about Autism as I could. I would want to know where my child fell on the spectrum, what kind of funding I could get for education and integration. I would focus on learning the vast amount of teaching techniques used for children & adults with Autism.

Thats just what I would do.

I guess the question is... What do you want to do ?
Hugh Jass
Übergod

Postby Yellow Sprinkles » Feb 14th, 2008, 5:19 pm

dudlee wrote:
Yellow Sprinkles wrote:

Such a study would never be allowed to be funded.Just think about the ramifications.Ifthey did find a link, the producers of vaccines,the governments, the doctors, the nurses could possibly be held liable, it would crush too many for it to be allowed

I disagree. It's happened before - medication being linked to terrible side affects in patients, after it's already been widely used.
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Emerson
Yellow Sprinkles
Board Meister

Postby dudlee » Feb 16th, 2008, 11:18 am

Yellow Sprinkles wrote:
dudlee wrote:
Yellow Sprinkles wrote:

I disagree. It's happened before - medication being linked to terrible side affects in patients, after it's already been widely used.

Do you remeber in the late 50's and early 60's they introduced a drug to help with morning sickness , the drug was called thalilomide.It caused huge amounts of birth defects and still births.
Well they pulled the drug immediately and you never heard about it again.

Its back,Thalilomide is being used for Leprosey prevention and it is also used for ovarian cancer treatments.

This drug works specfically on the genetic level and has been accused of being a mutegen, that means it could be transferred from generation to generation.
The side effects of Thalilomide on mice and test primates are quite similiar to the characteristics of Autism.It lessens facial expression, the test animals rock back and forth,and they become anti-social and won't communicte or make eye contact with each other.
Don't you find it odd that there is only on reasercher in Canada looking into Autism ,and they are funded by the government, when the children being dianosed with autism is growing in evry country around the world?

I DO
dudlee
Übergod

Postby dudlee » Feb 16th, 2008, 11:21 am

I don't believe in coincidences
dudlee
Übergod

Next

Return to Health