Do vaccinations or inoculations trigger autism?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Re: Do vaccinations or inoculations trigger autism?

Postby JennW » Apr 14th, 2015, 11:29 pm

caffeine wrote:[A complete lack of understanding of basic vaccine facts AND evolution demonstrated in one short post. Amazing.

Also taxes... Tax money being spent on treating illnesses/diseases that would of been prevented with vaccination. Ounce of prevention, pound of cure... stitch in time saves nine, etc etc

Donald G likes this post.
JennW

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby dudlee » Apr 15th, 2015, 9:14 am

TJ05 wrote:Take a good look what is in the flu shot vaccine and then tell me that it is safe. I think it is possible that autism is caused by vaccines and I have read reports that it can cause ADHD as well. There are no safe levels for mercury.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/vs-sv/vs-faq14-eng.php

Safe? , it's not even effective , less than 17% effective by gov stats . Have the highest amount of mercury in it of all single dose shots . More mercury than they allow in drinking water , funny how the Envirotards don't jump on that one ?
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
dudlee
Übergod

Liked in: 19 posts

Postby Phoenix Within » Apr 15th, 2015, 9:31 am

Because the type of mercury they use in vacvines passes through the body. Basic science.

The horse is dead. Stop already.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Phoenix Within
Guru

Liked in: 868 posts

Postby JennW » Apr 15th, 2015, 1:29 pm

dudlee wrote:Safe? , it's not even effective , less than 17% effective by gov stats . Have the highest amount of mercury in it of all single dose shots . More mercury than they allow in drinking water , funny how the Envirotards don't jump on that one ?

Do you eat tuna?
JennW

Postby Tacklewasher » Apr 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm

JennW wrote:Some children cannot be vaccinated due to serious illness and rely on herd immunity.

Again, how many times does this basic fact have to be explained. Are those who still argue against vaccines incapable of actually reading responses to their dumbassery?

Herd immunity has been explained.

Try something else for a change.

Tacklewasher
Übergod

Liked in: 330 posts

Postby JennW » Apr 15th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Tacklewasher wrote:
Again, how many times does this basic fact have to be explained. Are those who still argue against vaccines incapable of actually reading responses to their dumbassery?

Try something else for a change.

Umm, I was arguing in favour of vaccination. maybe you misread?
JennW

Postby Tacklewasher » Apr 16th, 2015, 7:51 am

JennW wrote:Umm, I was arguing in favour of vaccination. maybe you misread?

No. I get exactly what you are saying and agree 100%. I am just sick and tired of it HAVING to be explained over and over. Your post SHOULD have been unneccesary, as 20 seconds on Google explains it clearly.

The fact that some twit needs this explained STILL is what has me stunned.

Sorry if I offended you, as I agree with you.

JennW likes this post.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Liked in: 330 posts

Postby Phoenix Within » Apr 16th, 2015, 12:21 pm

How Anti-Vaxxers sound to normal people:

So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Phoenix Within
Guru

Postby Scadam » Apr 16th, 2015, 12:29 pm

2 people like this post.
Scadam
Übergod

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby I Think » Apr 16th, 2015, 6:51 pm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article uses the International Nonproprietary Name "thiomersal", not the common U.S. spelling "thimerosal".
The thiomersal controversy describes claims that vaccines containing the mercury-based preservative thiomersal contribute to the development of autism and other brain development disorders.[1] The current scientific consensus is that no convincing scientific evidence supports these claims,[2][3] and a 2011 journal article described the vaccine-autism connection as "the most damaging medical hoax of the last 100 years".[4]

Thiomersal is an organomercury compound used as a preservative in vaccines since the 1930s to prevent bacterial and fungal contamination.[5] Following a mandated review of mercury-containing food and drugs in 1999, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) asked vaccine makers to remove thiomersal from vaccines as quickly as possible as a purely precautionary measure, and it was rapidly phased out of most U.S. and European vaccines.[6][7] In the context of perceived increased autism rates and increased number of vaccines in the childhood vaccination schedule, some parents believed the action to remove thiomersal was an indication that the preservative caused autism.[6]

The potential impact of thiomersal on autism has been investigated extensively. Multiple lines of scientific evidence have shown that thiomersal does not cause autism. For example, the clinical symptoms of mercury poisoning differ significantly from those of autism.[8] In addition, multiple population studies have found no association between thiomersal and autism, and rates of autism have continued to increase despite removal of thiomersal from vaccines.[3] Thus, major scientific and medical bodies such as the Institute of Medicine[2] and World Health Organization[9] (WHO) as well as governmental agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration[5] (FDA) and the CDC[10] reject any role for thiomersal in autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders. In spite of the consensus of the scientific community, some parents and advocacy groups continue to contend that thiomersal is linked to autism.[11]
Problem with being stupid is, you don't know you're stupid

JennW likes this post.
I Think
Guru

Postby Scadam » Apr 21st, 2015, 11:55 am

It was already conclusive, but now it's irrefutable. No link to autism.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/science/ ... cines-mmr/

JennW likes this post.
Scadam
Übergod

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby JennW » Apr 22nd, 2015, 1:49 am

You know when autism starts? In the womb. Whatever your kid has... it's either autism he was going to show symptoms of eventually or something else all together... and lack of speech doesn't mean autism, especially if he maintains eye contact.

2 people like this post.
JennW

Postby JennW » Apr 22nd, 2015, 8:17 pm

Tacklewasher wrote:
No. I get exactly what you are saying and agree 100%. I am just sick and tired of it HAVING to be explained over and over. Your post SHOULD have been unneccesary, as 20 seconds on Google explains it clearly.

The fact that some twit needs this explained STILL is what has me stunned.

Sorry if I offended you, as I agree with you.

No worries.... These anti-vaxxers do seem to think pretty small scale, just about themselves and their children it seems.

Sure there are risks of complications with any vaccine... There are risks every time you get in a car or cross a street. You could choke to death the next time you eat! Nothing is 100% safe
JennW

Postby I Think » Apr 24th, 2015, 8:04 am

It has been pretty well established that autism and add are linked to exposure to VOC's while in the womb, and shortly thereafter.
Problem with being stupid is, you don't know you're stupid
I Think
Guru

Postby Phoenix Within » Apr 24th, 2015, 8:59 am

Nibs wrote:It has been pretty well established that autism and add are linked to exposure to VOC's while in the womb, and shortly thereafter.

Conspiracy! False news stories paid for by Big Pharma! (Or, at least that's the excuses I expect to hear soon)

I Think likes this post.
Phoenix Within
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Health