eyepop wrote:what's Erin's ethnicity?

you neglected to mention.

Pretty sure she's caucasian eyepoke.

~D :bethecoffee:
mekathy
Übergod

Re: Nails

Post by mekathy »

gardengirl wrote:I grow my own. How zany is that?

I wish I could grow my own nails. My co worker has the nicest nails, they are all hers, the perfect length and she just french manicures them. They look so good everyone thinks she pays big bucks for them. I have tried everything to make my natural nails look good. Just when they start to look decent, they split or break.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

I wish I cold grow mine out too. Funny thing is, when I was in my 20's, I had beautiful long natural nails. Woman always asked me if they were fake and I would get so offended...lol. Now, I have no patience for growing them out. *sigh*

~D
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

So, I got my nails done last night. They look fine to me but they sure are thick. I asked a few aquaintences last night how they looked (they have more experience). They said they look good and smooth. However, these 3 ladies went on to say how they prefer the acrylics and they all go downtown to get them done.

I am a pretty low maintenance kind of gal, and am only doing this for vacation so I am quite happy to pay the $40 and walk away. :) (I most likely will go back and get them removed when I get back) If anyone is interested you can PM me for the girls number.
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

westsidemom wrote:So, I got my nails done last night. They look fine to me but they sure are thick. I asked a few aquaintences last night how they looked (they have more experience). They said they look good and smooth. However, these 3 ladies went on to say how they prefer the acrylics and they all go downtown to get them done.

I am a pretty low maintenance kind of gal, and am only doing this for vacation so I am quite happy to pay the $40 and walk away. :) (I most likely will go back and get them removed when I get back) If anyone is interested you can PM me for the girls number.

How long did it take her to do them for you? And yes could you please PM with her number.
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

It took her 1.5 hrs. And the gel toes are $40.
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Post by blondewithbrains »

I have had my nails done for the last 6 years at "At Your Fingertips" which is just behind London Drugs...I have had no problems with them at all...I started with gel, but went to acrylic due to the nature of my job and the toughness of acrylic over the gel for me...I am a nail biter and the acrylic stood up better for me also...The other thing I like about them is they have 5 different (experienced) technicans so you can usually get an appointment when you want it...

I have tried other places due to living on the westside, but ended up going back to At Your Fingertips because they have been consistent for me...

I pay just under $40 for a fill every 3 weeks.. and I think the charge for a new set is around $60...if you want to check them out they do have a website at http://www.atyourfingertips.com
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
Natallini

Post by Natallini »

I guess it depends where you are located.....I go to a gal that does them out of her home......shannon lake area. I had them put on by another girl who did a horrible job. It was also 40 for a set but not worth it at all. I found my new girl through a friend and she rocks. Only takes 45- 1 hour for a fill. Costs 35 and she does gel toes as well. Already booked a pedi and gel toes for April. YAY get out the thongs :) . Good luck
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

So I'm curious MaxMom. Did you get your nails done?

~D
Amanda4530

Post by Amanda4530 »

Post removed. Please contact Castanet Classifieds for your advertising needs. Thanks, fluffy)

Return to “Health”