More on cell phones and brain tumors

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: More on cell phones and brain tumors

Post by jimmy4321 »

Not good. Thankfully I mostly use texting now.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Also had a golf buddy who wore his phone on his belt for years who developed hip cancer which is a weird place. Exactly where he wore his phone, could have been coincidence but pretty odd. Studies have shown the cell phone will weaken the bones in the hip which is bad enough.

For example, research published in 2009 showed evidence that wearing a cell phone on your hip may weaken an area of your pelvisii. Using an X-ray technique used in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with osteoporosis, researchers measured pelvic bone density in 150 men who regularly carried their cell phones attached to their belts. The men carried their phones for an average of 15 hours each day, and had used cell phones for an average of six years. The researchers found that bone mineral density was lowered on the side of the pelvis where the mobile phones were carried, raising the possibility that bone density could be adversely affected by the electromagnetic fields emitted by cell phones.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -tips.aspx
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, exactly. And I see kids with cell phones all the time. What's next?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Get away from your computer, TV, baby monitor, cb radio, short wave radio, cell tower, power lines, electric motors, car ignition, light bulbs, house wiring, electric guitar, coffee maker, cell phone, get out of the sun, move to mars, it is the only way you can get away from EMF.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

RESULTS:

The mean dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry values measured from group 1 were slightly lower than those from group 2, but there was no statistically significant difference between the groups (P > 0.05). In addition, the mean values of group 1 were not as low as those measured in osteopeny or osteoporosis cases

From the study.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

However, the real question is this: how many of you out there know people who died of brain tumours well after they got their first cell phone? Or second one, or up graded to a third cell?

If they did, how would you know if they wouldn't have had the same outcome if they didn't have a cell phone??

I personally know three people whom died of brain tumours, all three reportedly had high cell phone usage rates. EVERY family posed the same question: did cell phone usage cause in some way a tumour to take hold? And once it took hold, was it stoppable?[/quote]

I know people that have died of a brain tumor that never used a cell phone. Guess it's time for a new forum and another theory.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Have any real or factual information from a source that isn't a known quack?

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Cell phones are safe. Just use at your own risk, well thats basically what Health Canada says anyway

Health Canada
What you should do

Limit the length of cell phone calls
Replace cell phone calls with text messages or use "hands-free" devices
Encourage children under the age of 18 to limit their cell phone usage

So yeah, dont even worry about it.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

In many countries telephony has skipped the hard wired version that we all (geezers) grew up with. Stringing copper wires across the countryside is far to expensive. In Mexico and Chile cell phones are far more ubiquitous. Land lines are rare and not as reliable. Here many towns and cities have fiber optics, but again that is a very expensive luxury. In Mexico it is not unusual to see families in restaurants with three or four cell phones going at once. Dad and two of the teenagers.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Almost to the date of the last post here, we had quite the discussion regarding cell phones and brain tumours.

Some argued that there is no conclusive study linking cell phone use and brain tumours. But I've had more than one client who suffered immeasurably from brain tumour induced death and had their family members talk about how they felt heavy use of cell phones contributed to the tumour growth.

Now those family members may have some validation to what they felt was right in their guts.

Here it is: a recent major study linking brain tumours and cell phones. Imagine what Bluetooth is doing to people too. Isn't bluetooth right in the freaking ear? Correct me if I'm wrong on bluetooth, Oh wait, this is castanet, I'll be corrected pronto.

Here's the study, enjoy.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/cel ... li=AAggv0m
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bluetooth - it may or may not be dangerous, but this writer certainly says it is dangerous.

Pulsed radio technology right in your ear. Nice.

http://www.electricsense.com/1010/bluet ... dangerous/
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Queen K wrote:Almost to the date of the last post here, we had quite the discussion regarding cell phones and brain tumours.

Some argued that there is no conclusive study linking cell phone use and brain tumours. But I've had more than one client who suffered immeasurably from brain tumour induced death and had their family members talk about how they felt heavy use of cell phones contributed to the tumour growth.

Now those family members may have some validation to what they felt was right in their guts.

Here it is: a recent major study linking brain tumours and cell phones. Imagine what Bluetooth is doing to people too. Isn't bluetooth right in the freaking ear? Correct me if I'm wrong on bluetooth, Oh wait, this is castanet, I'll be corrected pronto.

Here's the study, enjoy.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/cel ... li=AAggv0m

These are quotes from the article:
The multiyear, peer-reviewed study, by the National Toxicology Program, found “low incidences” of two types of tumors in male rats that were exposed to the type of radio frequencies that are commonly emitted by cellphones.

There also are many studies showing no harmful health effects. Just this month, a survey of brain cancer rates in Australia found no increase since the introduction of mobile phones there almost three decades ago, a finding also seen in other countries.

It found the cancer association appeared in male rats, and didn’t find similar results in female rats.

latest findings could lead to changes in safety standards, such as only talking on a cellphone while using a headset

I think yes that there is an impact...however it doesn't seem to be a huge one and according to the study it looks like women are safe...lol. In reality time will show the truth.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It has always been dangerous for men to talk on the phone too much.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Glacier wrote:It has always been dangerous for men to talk on the phone too much.

AND they should NEVER carry their phone in their front pocket.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How so?

Return to “Health”