Quit or Quitting Smoking Support

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Quit or Quitting Smoking Support

Post by xjeepguy »

Bananaz wrote:
That's great that you don't miss it, that gives me hope. Although I still think about it lots and it's everywhere which doesn't help.

Ya , sometimes you have to alter things , sad to say but some people I don't hang with anymore , two of them were chain smokers and those relationships have ended. I don't put myself in tempting situations anymore , period. Same as my Mrs. quitting , I doubt very much I would have been successful if she was still smoking . It's a very powerful drug that nicotine.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bananaz
Übergod

Post by Bananaz »

Wow I never considered that one would stop hanging out with smoking friends. Not many of my friends smoke, but the ones that do I still hang with, I just think of it as a good test of my will and I have strayed, not once. When I have a goal in mind I plan on meeting that goal. Kinda stubborn that way :P
Cherish yesterday
Dream tomorrow
Live today
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Bananaz wrote:Wow I never considered that one would stop hanging out with smoking friends. Not many of my friends smoke, but the ones that do I still hang with, I just think of it as a good test of my will and I have strayed, not once. When I have a goal in mind I plan on meeting that goal. Kinda stubborn that way :P

That's good , glad you feel like that wont bother you . This is my third attempt at quitting and I know what *bleep* me up the last 2 times , so I removed it . One of those friends was " hey man , one wont hurt " , when we were out fishing or whatever . Some friend huh ? He could never quit so he didn't want anyone else to be successful either .
Bananaz
Übergod

Post by Bananaz »

Ok wow, now I totally get why you did what you did. That is definitely not a good friend. Brutal. Well I'm glad you are back on track (after your third attempt) and keeping up the good work. This is the ammo I need to keep going, thank you :)
Cherish yesterday
Dream tomorrow
Live today
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

I just smoked my last cigarette. I'm done. No more. There's no reason to keep doing what I've been doing and every reason not to, so that's what I'm going to do. :sunshine:
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

warden wrote:I just smoked my last cigarette. I'm done. No more. There's no reason to keep doing what I've been doing and every reason not to, so that's what I'm going to do. :sunshine:

Congrats !! Been about 3+ years for me and I dont miss it , at all .

Come back here for support , if needed . Cold turkey or ???
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

I recently finished reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr...

Unfortunately, I did not follow one of the instructions and had to read it again this afternoon...I received some much needed encouragement from my fiance this morning and knew I had to give myself a real chance! I read that book cover to cover in about 5-6 hours. I am at a complete loss for words over my feelings right now..I've never felt so awesome! I was on the last few chapters and I suddenly had this strange feeling in my chest and started to cry on the spot (a cry of joy and happiness)...I cannot believe how easy this really was...I'm so grateful to this man! His approach is just so different from everything else and it really is the smokers way to quit...I'm slowly killing that little nicotine monster!!!!

Congrats to everyone else who has succeeded with any method! Its a real joy!!!

Cheers to you all! :cheerleader:
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Queen K wrote:http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/scores-of-smoking-pill-suicides-overlooked

Chantix is the quicker way to committ suicide than using cigarettes apparently. Do you know someone on it? Are you?

Please quit Chantix before it quits you.

Yeah right.
I quit smokin' using chantix without ANY problems and so have thousands of others. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
:sunshine:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I won't use Champix because its an hallucinogen. I spent 3 weeks flipped out from one Oxycontin (for a pinched nerve in my hip) and that was more than enough scary *BLEEP!* for me!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

This girl was a friend of the family.
Heidi wasn’t the first. A Star investigation has found 24 Canadians taking Champix to quit smoking have killed themselves since it hit the market here in 2007, putting it among the leading suspected causes of reported suicides linked to prescription drugs.

Health Canada has refused to say whether it has investigated cases like Heidi’s.

The drug watchdog says it actively monitors side-effect reports, but the Star found no indication Health Canada has investigated individual cases of psychiatric side effects since it looked into 14 cases of aggression, depression and suicidal thoughts from 2007.

Since then, Champix has been linked to nearly 450 serious cases of these same side effects, more than 80 of which ended in hospitalization or disability.

Since then, 24 suicides.

Data analysis by the Star found the number of reported cases of people having suicidal thoughts while taking Champix — about 235 — is nearly three times as high as the next drug.

Taken from here:
http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/article/1267065--health-canada-tight-lipped-on-champix-suicides
She's not the only one who's gone this way, and I've had another couple of friends who basically went batshitecrazy for the weeks they were on it til they figured out the cause.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

0gopogo wrote:
Queen K wrote:http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/scores-of-smoking-pill-suicides-overlooked

Chantix is the quicker way to committ suicide than using cigarettes apparently. Do you know someone on it? Are you?

Please quit Chantix before it quits you.

Yeah right.
I quit smokin' using chantix without ANY problems and so have thousands of others. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
:sunshine:

Don't understand the venom in this post. All I did was find a website that published results from studies of Champix, did you think I did the research myself?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Darlin06 wrote:I recently finished reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr...

Unfortunately, I did not follow one of the instructions and had to read it again this afternoon...I received some much needed encouragement from my fiance this morning and knew I had to give myself a real chance! I read that book cover to cover in about 5-6 hours. I am at a complete loss for words over my feelings right now..I've never felt so awesome! I was on the last few chapters and I suddenly had this strange feeling in my chest and started to cry on the spot (a cry of joy and happiness)...I cannot believe how easy this really was...I'm so grateful to this man! His approach is just so different from everything else and it really is the smokers way to quit...I'm slowly killing that little nicotine monster!!!!

Congrats to everyone else who has succeeded with any method! Its a real joy!!!

Cheers to you all! :cheerleader:

ME TOO!! LOVED that book!

Recommend it to EVERYONE... The only ones that are still smoking are the ones that didn't have the courage to read it!!!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

GoStumpy wrote:

Recommend it to EVERYONE... The only ones that are still smoking are the ones that didn't have the courage to read it!!!

Presume much?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

grammafreddy wrote:
GoStumpy wrote:

Presume much?

Yup.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

[/quote] Don't understand the venom in this post. All I did was find a website that published results from studies of Champix, did you think I did the research myself?[/quote]

What venom? lol Get over yourself.
I know you aren't responsible for the content in the year old link you posted-but you are for the personal comments you made. Why should people quit Chantix just cuz YOU say so???? It's helped thousands of people, including myself.

Return to “Health”