Need help: Dr. signing medical marijuana Rx

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Dave_1963
Banned

Need help: Dr. signing medical marijuana Rx

Post by Dave_1963 »

I have been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and a seizure disorder called Tardive Dyskinisia. I used to smoke MJ about 20 years ago, but quit when our children were born. I have been living in severe pain for almost 10 years, as well as the horrible seizure disorder that causes horrible facial grimacing and uncontrollable foot/hand movements. 6 years ago, a friend gave me an ounce of cannabis to see if it would help my diseases. I had been on multiple medications with absolutely no improvement in my symptoms. I tried the marijuana for a month, and the results, to say the least, were miraculous! No pain or seizures whatsoever. I got the forms from the BC Compassion Club and asked my doctor to complete the forms so I could obtain a prescription for this wonderful medicine. My doctor flatly refused. He went to medical school in the USA, and was taught marijuana leads to heroin addiction, among other untruths. I then went to a homeopathic doctor who also refused to sign. The absurd thing is the doctors are more than happy to offer morphine and Oxycontin (which I refused), when there is a readily available, safe, natural medication that Health Canada approved a decade ago. In the 6 years since my friend gave me the ounce of pot, my pain and seizures have become much worse. I rarely leave the house because of the pain, as well as the strange looks I get when my seizures make people think I am scowling at them. Well, last month, I was given another ounce of marijuana, and my life has become very much better. Thanks to the pot, I go out daily and have reclaimed a practically normal life. It is wonderful to feel human again!
So here is my question. Does anyone know of a doctor in town who will sign my forms? I just received the newest forms in the mail on Friday, or am I resigned to getting my medication from questionable individuals on the black market? I do not want to be a criminal, and am just looking for the legal way to get my much needed medication. Any help/tips would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Need help with doctor signing medical marihuana prescrip

Post by grammafreddy »

Am thinking maybe if you asked Bob at the Be Kind Compassion Club he might be able to tell you which doctors have been signing the forms.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Thanks, GF, I will give that a try, but I heard compassion clubs are not allowed to give specific names, because the practitioner would likely have a stampede of people demanding their forms be signed lol! I will sure give it a try though. Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it will help my situation.. Have a great day, GF!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You could try calling a few Drs and see if they are willing to sign considering your medical history. Their receptionist should know if they have done it in the past.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
WhatThe

Re: Need help with doctor signing medical marijuana prescrip

Post by WhatThe »

You are not a criminal nor will you ever be for using what helps you.
In this specific instance the govt is acting criminally for denying you appropriate access to health care, which is a constitutional right. Do Not hang your head, do not give up, there are many of us supporting you and your rights.

Do not believe you are supporting organized crime or black markets. That dubious distinction belongs to govt alone.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Dave_1963 wrote:Thanks, GF, I will give that a try, but I heard compassion clubs are not allowed to give specific names, because the practitioner would likely have a stampede of people demanding their forms be signed lol! I will sure give it a try though. Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it will help my situation.. Have a great day, GF!

Well, if he can't give you specific names, maybe he could give you (specific) locations where their clinics are located. Chances are fairly good it is a clinic-wide practice, so perhaps any doctor at that clinic would sign them.

I have two people close to me who use it legally medicinally. I will ask them who signed their papers and PM it to you later today.

Good luck.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Thank you everyone who have replied. I had to quit my job a while back because the pain was getting unbearable. I just want to get back to work and resume a normal, happy, pain free life. Thanks again my friends...you have given me new hope!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Weird, I was under impression they'll give your an MJ prescription over much simpler stuff these days.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
vmichelle
Fledgling

Post by vmichelle »

Captain Awesome wrote:Weird, I was under impression they'll give your an MJ prescription over much simpler stuff these days.

Yeah, considering I have a friend who's doctor was contemplating giving it to her for her anxiety you'd think someone with more severe medical conditions would not have a problem.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

I think a lot of doctors are worried that prescribing medical MJ will hurt their reputation as there are still tons of doctors who see absolutely no medicinal value in the plant. Funny thing though...if so many doctors still believe there is no medicinal value in the plant, why are the big pharmaceutical corporations spending billions on R&D on medical uses for cannabis? I would much rather just have the natural plant than some Frankenstein concoction made in a laboratory. I think opinions are starting to shift though as practically every few weeks a potential new benefit is found. The latest possible use I have heard is THC actually bonds to bone preventing and reversing osteoporosis.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

have a friend that uses it also and they went to a naturapath to get the forms signed......
merle mahoney

Post by merle mahoney »

Did you find that Doctors name? I have been searching and have had no luck :(
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

vmichelle wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Weird, I was under impression they'll give your an MJ prescription over much simpler stuff these days.

Yeah, considering I have a friend who's doctor was contemplating giving it to her for her anxiety you'd think someone with more severe medical conditions would not have a problem.

Go see her doctor.
asemsch617

Post by asemsch617 »

I just went to the Compassion Club in Kelowna. They told me they are legally not allowed to give information to people about clinics that have not yet publicly come forward with helping the cause, but they did mention one clinic in Vernon that has publicly come out and have helped others. Plse PM me and mention this conversation just to refresh my mind. The doctor I spoke to today almost left his seat when I asked about more information on MJ cause he started treating me for depression and high anxiety .

"There are no benefits to pot and no records to show it has proven anything good. There are lots of records on how it is harmful and it is. You don't need it"... etc. Dr.*removed* at the Rutland Medical Walk in.

Which seems odd because obviously there is and he'd obviously not get paid to prescribe that so he gave me Pristiq. I think I'm gonna wait and get more opinions cause I think this doctor was pretty hardcore about not taking it, let alone me barely talk about it.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 14th, 2015, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name of Dr. removed
ogopogie

Post by ogopogie »

I have fibromyalgia but a ton of other stuff happening. I can't work and I'm at my wits end. I am in so much pain but my doctor is not willing to prescribe medical marijuana to any of her patients. While in Colorado visiting family my cousin brought me some marijuana called Quirkle. It worked on my pain like nothing else I've ever been given. I wasn't stoned, just had pain relief. Would someone PLEASE send me a private message with the name(s) of a doctor who is open to prescribing marijuana? Thank you.

Return to “Health”