Re: Chest and ear pain help please

Post by mee-mo87 »

Update?
good-cause-girl
Fledgling

Post by good-cause-girl »

Update, yes, sorry.

Okay, we went to the theraputic massage and it went well. There has only been one instance of the chest pain since. Some great info came from some other peoples' 1st hand accounts of similar events.

Some things that have recently surfaced are:
-He is starting to have way more acid reflux, so I have him taking baking soda that I 'pill up' for him. Seems to do okay but not fully good yet. He is only on day 3 and only taking it after heartburn hits and I think by then it is to late. Also baking soda is high in sodium so I needed to find something else.
-Today I am making a very strong mix of ginger, brown rice suryp, cinnamon, cream of tartar and fennel seeds,,,, boiled together and strained. The reason behind this mix is that they are 5 of the best 'natural' acid soothers out there so combined hopfully they kick but. Will find out soon if it works or not.
- He will be eating more papaya and blueberries from now on and all citrus, kiwi and pineapple will be gone.
- I will be purchasing a buffered vitamin C for him. We both take lots of C and I think that may have way to much acid for his tired esophegus (? spell check?) to handle.
- I even had one woman offer to clear his chakras. Seems his Heart chakra may be blocked, spinning backwards or stuck from a life time of heart breaking and stressful events. All things are possible.

If this heartburn thing works, I will let you all know. If nothing else, he will smell like a ginger snap cookie.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Apple Cider Vinegar is supposed to help with acid reflux:

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/vinegar-and-acid-reflux.html
mountainmama
Fledgling

Post by mountainmama »

I found great relief from acid reflux by raising the head of my bed about 5 inches. My husband put some 2x4 pieces under the feet of the bed at the head. Havent had nighttime acid reflux in years. Elevation is not even noticeable. Hope this helps.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

mountainmama wrote:I found great relief from acid reflux by raising the head of my bed about 5 inches. My husband put some 2x4 pieces under the feet of the bed at the head. Havent had nighttime acid reflux in years. Elevation is not even noticeable. Hope this helps.

Yup, that works wonders for me, too. My dad did that as well and swore by it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Apple cider vinigar seems like an odd thing to deal with an acid in the gut. The acid in ACV calms the acids in the gut. It is worth a try if this pain is acid reflux and it could be. Everyone has different symptoms from it like stabbing pains, shooting pains, squeezing feelings in the chest as well as and sometime without a burning sensation in the throat.
ACV also helps with digestion meaning it might help you avoid the acidity in the gut as well as the calming affect it can provide on the acid levels.
You dont take it straight, but in warm water (nulls the pungent stink some) or with food and water to chase.
ACV is probably the best food with the right PH balance to our bodies and will allow healing of the body by dealing with those things causing our problems.
If this problem turns out to be acid reflux of some kind that might be a good thing. Easily dealt with. I had it many years ago and the pressure would go to my shoulders but not my ears, we all have different symptoms. Mine sent me to hospital several time where they thought I was walking in with a heart attack till they checked me over. It was intense. Turned out I had galbladder issues after being miss diagnosed for a few years, coulda killed me.
After it was gone I had some reflux but not nearly as bad, here are the tricks I used. Try chewing gum as much as you can, it exersizes the asophagus and pushes stuff back down. Try ACV at home and keep ACV pills for on the road, say you get an attack while out eating dinner with friends. If its acid reflux these tips will help your husband. Dont forget, we are not doctors here so he might need to see if ACV might interfere with any other drugs he might be on.
A lot of people are miss diagnosed with stomach problems because Drs like to push pills and trying many to find the cause by results is money in the pockets of their big brother. Diagnosis shouldnt be dependant on how pills work out, the cause of the issue should be attacked right away because those pills could be damaging something else like your liver.
Why wont doctors tell you about ACV? Because it works for those with the right issues for it and its cheap, right out of your cupboards and you wont be paying for their bonus packages that these drug companies offer while the docs sell you on it. Drugs are dangerous when used long term.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Sounds more like an hiatus hernia. Has he had any chest/abdo xrays or CT scans?

You wanna go to a naturopath? My friend's mother has gone to one for years and because he was treating her for 'epigastric pain' but then she went to a conventional doctor and has found out she has pancreatic cancer.... Whipple operation soon that may give here 'perhaps' another 6 months. Good luck.
Chill
good-cause-girl
Fledgling

Post by good-cause-girl »

Apple cider vinegar is something he has drank daily for 2 years. It got him off of Tums which was good, but it did not take away from the 'pain'
This pain and reflux is only during the daytime. Never in the evening or at night which is odd to me but real.

This weekend I started him on 50 billion cultures per capsule probiotics. 3 per day to start and we will wean him down in a few weeks once we get his gut nutrualized. I am also experimenting with a gluten sensitivity. His pain only hits after a meal that involves bread. Breakfast is always toast. Snacks at work involve a sanwich as is his lunch. In the evening he has a smoothies and wine and no other food and he is just fine for the night, On weekends I serve whole foods, salads and lots of veggies etc and he is good. So by logical (mine) deduction, I am thinking bread is the culprit, sitting heavy and undigested and festering within the hour or so as the heartburn/ pain hits. He drinks the ACV through out the day in his water, maybe he needs more.

I have changed our entire diet today and he is only mildly affected with pain, so it is a normal weekend. If he has really injured his esophogus, at least I am not adding to the damage by serving him wheat products. He is such a patient man. I introduced him to tofu today. Mind you I mixed it into a nut crust pumpkin pie, so I think I'm forgiven. Maybe.

I have made him an appointment to see his Dr. It is 3 weeks from now so we will see what happens in that time.
Thank you all for your input. I need to hear it all because I was flying by the seat of my pants and had hit the wall.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Take him to see a Real Doctor. Make a history of what has been happening, what you are doing, what seems to work what does NOT work and get some investigations (ie. a referral to a gastroenterologist) happening, ok?
Chill

Return to “Health”