Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Ingenious idea: Stop drug companies from being dishonest

Post by Thinktank »

Hey,
I just came up with an ingenious idea for companies like Glaxo Smith Kline who
recently had to pay $3 billlion for being dishonest and promoting their drugs
in a greedy fashion. It's so simple I don't know why no one thought of it before.
along with paying $3 billion penalty, companies like GSK should be forced
to advertise on their logo what they did bad. Like sitting in the corner when
we were kids and did something bad with a dunce hat on.
Attachments
GSK.gif
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ingenious Idea: Stop drug companies from being dishonest

Post by Thinktank »

My idea will save hundreds of lives. Maybe thousands of lives.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now if only a few million of those penalty dollars could be funneled into keeping drug rehab units going, public or private.

And stopping drug companies from being dishonest? When there's billions at stake? That penalty may be a large chunk of change for Glaxo or chump change, hard to know. But they'll never stop because like the Hunger Games, the odds are forever in their favour.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote: But they'll never stop because like the Hunger Games, the odds are forever in their favour.

If they have to advertise on their logo, for one year for every $billion of damage
they cause, I guarantee the problem will be solved - instantly.

the odds will now be in the people's favour. I think I'll write Stephen Harper
and tell him my great new idea.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Because in Canada, corporations have the same civil rights as an individual, the idea would be argued as a breach of civil rights to an individual such as Glaxo.

But go ahead.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Yes that similar idea works so well on cigarette packages doesn't it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Queen K wrote:Because in Canada, corporations have the same civil rights as an individual, the idea would be argued as a breach of civil rights to an individual such as Glaxo.

But go ahead.

No, that isn't correct. Corporations do not have the same civil rights as an individual.

For many situations, a corporation is equivalent to a legal person (although not defined as such in our charter of rights) but it is not given equal human rights or civil rights.

I believe it is similar in many ways in the USA but obviously many differences too. Corporations in the us can exercise rights that groups of individuals could normally exercise but generally not those that an individual person could exercise. Very general statements but, within that generality, they are accurate.

You could certainly find a Supreme Court issue that has, in Canada, conferred a right to a corporation that would support your statement (although I can't think of one right now) but, in general, that is not the case.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Health”