10 Reasons Flu Shots More Dangerous Than Flu

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: 10 Reasons Flu Shots More Dangerous Than Flu

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:Already discussed the ingredients at the beginning of this thread. No need for fear mongering.

fear mongering is what your kind does, get a flu shot or you might die, give it up already
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:fear mongering is what your kind does, get a flu shot or you might die, give it up already

More fear mongering - who said you'd die without the shot?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote::topic:
Ross Upshur, University of Toronto professor at the Dalla Lana Faculty of Public Health says the research has one clear message.

"They've clearly shown this excess of risk in people born in particular years and that just tells us that there's more to the risk profile of influenza than we previously thought," Upshur said.

Maybe people should be reading about this and understanding the risks. Calgary has been particularly hit with deaths from the flu this season and that is tragic.

you did ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hit with deaths, stop scaring people into taking this bs posioin ^^^^^^^^^^^^^-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: you did

Nope - not even close. Always making stuff up.

But since you brought it up again:

The data showed 16 deaths had occurred in the Calgary zone so far this season, up from 12 when results were last reported on Dec. 21.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3959414/albe ... 18-season/
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Fancy wrote:Already discussed the ingredients at the beginning of this thread. No need for fear mongering.

the truth wrote:fear mongering is what your kind does, get a flu shot or you might die, give it up already

Catch the flu, you might die.

"According to the latest FluWatch report of the Public Health Agency of Canada released Friday, five children under 16 have died of the flu in Canada as of Feb. 3.

The illness has also resulted in 511 pediatric hospital admissions.

In all, there have been 130 deaths and 3,108 hospital admissions in Canada due to flu this season."

Another 10 year old boy died Feb 4,(not part of count up to Feb3.) previously healthy.
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8125 ... -says-dad/
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fancy wrote:Current information:
Can the flu vaccine provide protection even if the flu vaccine is not a “good” match?
Yes, antibodies made in response to vaccination with one flu virus can sometimes provide protection against different but related flu viruses. A less than ideal match may result in reduced vaccine effectiveness against the flu virus that is different from what is in the flu vaccine, but it can still provide some protection against flu illness.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/fl ... 7-2018.htm

My son had the flu vac every year. It was not a good match one year and he got sick as a dog.So I doubt it is protecting when it's not a good match.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

He could have been sicker.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Thinktank wrote:Everyone remember 2009? It was so obscene. Watch this video with Ian Hanomansing, Gloria Macarenko
and Tanya Beja - see how they act so worried as if the swine flu was a serious thing that was going to
wipe out humanity. We now know the whole H1N1 thing was a scam.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/swine-flu-vaccine-1.1807844

^ watch that video to refresh your memory on how obscene the media can be, by acting as if it's serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHr90s4 ... xKWZ8MjVRc

watch that video to see how corrupt the W.H.O. (World Health Organization) is. That vaccine was untested and more than 50% of doctors (probably 90%) absolutely REFUSED to take it themselves.

Yes I remember 2009. While H1N1 certainly didn't wipe out humanity, I got it that year, and it was pretty bad. The first few days I thought I was going to die, and the next few days I actually was wishing I would die. So no, it was not a scam. I was healthy, but I can see how it would put someone in the hospital who had an underlying health problem. Some people are left with ongoing asthma or heart problems afterward.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fancy wrote:He could have been sicker.

Yes, he didn't die. He got pneumonia from it, and the flu vac doesn't do anything for that.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So how was the flu shot worse?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I've never claimed the flu shot is worse. My point is it needs to be more effective, and I don't believe it protects even when it hits the wrong strains.This year it's supposedly 30% effective, that's pretty poor. Saying that it's better than nothing doesn't help the 70% of the cases that weren't prevented by the shot. If a vaccine is more effective, more people would get it. I have heard this from just people I talk to, they are more likely to go for a vaccine that works.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As was stated before, the flu vaccine can help against other strains. And as stated before, scientists are working towards a universal flu shot.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Current info regarding the flu and flu shots will be posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=79791&p=2442123#p2442123
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
Fancy wrote:Current information:
Can the flu vaccine provide protection even if the flu vaccine is not a “good” match?
Yes, antibodies made in response to vaccination with one flu virus can sometimes provide protection against different but related flu viruses. A less than ideal match may result in reduced vaccine effectiveness against the flu virus that is different from what is in the flu vaccine, but it can still provide some protection against flu illness.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/fl ... 7-2018.htm

My son had the flu vac every year. It was not a good match one year and he got sick as a dog.So I doubt it is protecting when it's not a good match.

He didn't get sick from the vaccine. It is designed to combat the worst strains, not all strains. There is no guarantee that you won't get sick.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
Fancy wrote:He could have been sicker.

Yes, he didn't die. He got pneumonia from it, and the flu vac doesn't do anything for that.

Pneumochoccal vaccine does though.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Health”