Halls Cough Drops

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Halls Cough Drops

Post by Thinktank »

I saw the weirest thing in a big store. Halls Cough drops sold by the case.

Why would anyone use them in huge volume? They don't do any good, and should never be used.
but to buy them in volume - is just insane. Like some people taking aspirin by the thousand.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Halls Cough Drops

Post by oneh2obabe »

Who said they don't work? Nothing wrong with buying in large quantities if you have kids who are prone to colds or sore throats.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

oneh2obabe wrote:Who said they don't work?

I did.

If some kids are prone to colds, the parents should learn something about nutrition - not
buy huge volumes of cough drops, which are the exact opposite of what youshould do if you have a cold.
Feeding kids cough drops that were bought by the case is child abuse.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

oneh2obabe wrote:Who said they don't work?

Thinktank wrote:I did.

'nuff said.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Maybe they're sold in bulk for alcoholics?
I've known a few heavy drinkers who use to cough drops to cover up their alcohol breath.

trying to think of any reason that thinktank might buy for why someone might need cough drops other than the obvious reason.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

and another thing

I wonder how many people out there are swallowing aspirin like crazy?

and what harmful effect it has on them.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:
trying to think of any reason that thinktank might buy for why someone might need cough drops other than the obvious reason.

How about he saw them at Costco? Costco sells in bulk to small retailers - the garage I used to work at bought almost all their chocolate bars, gum and cough candy in bulk from Costco.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Those looking for sugar-free version of cough drops read the package carefully.
Anything word with "ose" at the end is sugar.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so i was trying to think of a reason people might want to buy cough drops
and the only reason i could come up with - the manufacturers of that product advertise heavily.

because cough drops do not cure anyone. they taste like they might cure you but they don't.
i bet cough drops are even a bit addictive. they are definitely not healthy for anyone.

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Did you really think at any point in your life cough drops are a "cure"?They provide symptom relief so you can go about your day while your body works to push the cold virus back into remission.

The 'menthol' compounds are basically local anesthetic agents which can temporarily 'numb' the nerves in the throat that are irritated by the cold symptoms and provide some relief

No one thinks its a 'cure.'

As for why is it sold in bulk? retailers.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Thinktank wrote:because cough drops do not cure anyone. they taste like they might cure you but they don't.
i bet cough drops are even a bit addictive. they are definitely not healthy for anyone.

You clearly don't know what cough drops are for or how they work.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:so i was trying to think of a reason people might want to buy cough drops

To stop a tickle before a coughing fit starts. Time is money.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I always keep a pack or two of Fisherman's Friends in my car ... nothing to do with a cold or sore throat, just like the stornger tasting lozengess while I'm driving. I know lots of people who buy lots of Halls products all year round, they just prefer to munch on them instead of Tic Tacs.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Health”