No poo >>>

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
ferri
Forum Administrator

No poo >>>

Post by ferri »

ha! not what you think! this is a 'method' i just sort of stumbled on not long ago while trying to find something that would stop torturing my hair. it's just not using shampoo. there are different ways to do it, but the one i am doing now is just rinsing my hair well and then 'shampooing' it with conditioner. i don't know if my hair has ever felt/looked better! just curious if anyone else has done/is doing this?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Jo
Slot 16

Re: No poo >>>

Post by Jo »

You should be a newspaperwoman, ferri, that was an awesome attention grabbing headline.

I like your idea, btw.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

No hair, no poo or conditioner, no problem!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

lol Jo! if you google 'No Poo' that's really what you come up with. but yeah, i thought if i put "Not Shampooing" people would avoid me. haha!!!

the thing that really started it for me was looking at the old pictures of American Indians. their hair is always amazing, never looks like they have never used some miracle hair cleaner. so i started researching it. duh. using a chemical soup on your hair really doesn't do it any good.
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I was shampooing with baking soda for a while, and then rinsing conditioning with apple cider vinegar. On a side note, an old hippie friend of my parents would give us his carved wooden spoons as gifts. It was only after I had been cooking with them for years that my dad informed me that the hippie oiled his spoons with his own hair.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

yes! i've read people use soda and vinegar. :) so far all i seem to need is hot water and conditioner. it's only been about 3 weeks now though, so we'll see.

oh God. LOL i'm sorry Glacier!!! that must have just about killed you. i think i'd still be tossing my cookies. hahaha!!!
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Health”