Medical Marijuana: Mayo, Health Canada & Cancer Society

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Cancer and Marijuana Treatment

Post by Donald G »

To 1nick ...

With all due respect it is IMO posts like yours that work to discredit the REAL WORLD benefits of marijuana for medicinal purposes. I would ask you to either refrain from posting or insure that the information you are posting is the result of peer reviewed medical testing.

Asking people to read editorialized drivel lacking scientific support simply discredits the credible information available regarding successes and failures in using marijuana to try to deal with the large number of cancers that exist today.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Donald G wrote:To 1nick ...

With all due respect it is IMO posts like yours that work to discredit the REAL WORLD benefits of marijuana for medicinal purposes. I would ask you to either refrain from posting or insure that the information you are posting is the result of peer reviewed medical testing.

Asking people to read editorialized drivel lacking scientific support simply discredits the credible information available regarding successes and failures in using marijuana to try to deal with the large number of cancers that exist today.

Are you referring to this link?

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/rick-simpson.html

This guy has been a proponent of hemp oil for long time,with measurable results.He's asked for not a dime and provides tutorials on the making of oil at no cost to the inquisitive.
Get your self some *bleep* cancer Don,then try it out.It has been shrinking my tumour pre radiation treatment and the radiologist is on board.Come on over I'll show you the gory details...........dick!

The day I comply to you and refrain from posting alternatives that help myself and countless others in my boat is the day you can take a long hard suck on my cancerous *bleep*.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And that is why we love you 1Nick, telling it like it is.

My dad opted for no treatment but he was way beyond anything useful like hemp oil. But he sure wasn't going to be some chemistry experiment for the doctors.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I would like to Queenie...has there been a mutual consensus?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Check your PM. :-)
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

To Donald ...

With all due respect, it is posts like yours that work to discredit the REAL WORLD benefits of marijuana for medicinal purposes and minimize the VERY REAL social and fiscal COSTS and DESTRUCTION created by our current marijuana laws. As you have yet to provide a link to any credible article or study, let alone peer-reviewed studies, we would all ask you to please refrain from posting on this subject further. Thanking you in advance – community of Castanet forum posters.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Mr Lloyd ...

I assume that the "community of Castanet forum posters" that you profess to speak for are you and your three supporters from the Sensible BC string? You and they posted a great deal of the same exaggerated, misleading junk science on that string and tried to pass it off as legitimate information regarding the medical uses of marijuana. Good luck with that approach.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

steven lloyd wrote:To Donald ...

With all due respect, it is posts like yours that work to discredit the REAL WORLD benefits of marijuana for medicinal purposes and minimize the VERY REAL social and fiscal COSTS and DESTRUCTION created by our current marijuana laws. As you have yet to provide a link to any credible article or study, let alone peer-reviewed studies, we would all ask you to please refrain from posting on this subject further. Thanking you in advance – community of Castanet forum posters.

Donald has not posted ANYTHING to support his views other than his supposed 'expertise in dealing with blahdeblah'. Donald refuses to appreciate the enormous cost of 'the war on drugs' which was lost decades ago. I think Donald is stuck in his glory days of 'enforcing an unenforceable law'. I would think in his dotage he would realize that dinosaur thinking has evolved - and he needs to get with the program.

ETA:
I also think that Donald should be limited to one thread instead of infecting the Kelowna thread, the BC thread and now this thread with his same old, same old.
Chill
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To flamingfingers ...

You definitely do not like anyone posting anything contrary to your exaggerated, distorted and sometimes downright dishonest views of medicinal marijuana, including how it relates to the treatment of Cancer.

As far as opening more than one thread regarding marijuana you were one of the three people who started a combined SEVENTY FIVE threads (out of the last 100 opened) about how dumb the Liberals were and how smart the NDP were during the last provincial election.

As far as credibility you and your three repetitious friends posted a lot of opinionated articles and junk science about marijuana and tried to convince everyone it was valuable evidence.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Donald G wrote:To Mr Lloyd ... I assume that the "community of Castanet forum posters" that you profess to speak for are you and your three supporters from the Sensible BC string? You and they posted a great deal of the same exaggerated, misleading junk science on that string and tried to pass it off as legitimate information regarding the medical uses of marijuana. Good luck with that approach.

Actually, I speak for the many posters who are simply sick of your repetitive side-stepping, back-tracking and then introducing points already made by others and trying to present those as a counterargument. That is some odd debate tactic Donald. Anyone with the ability to click a link and objectively and critically evaluate the overwhelming amount information presented in the highly credible articles and studies we earlier provided (including peer reviewed studies done by front line workers and researchers) know we backed our arguments with evidence from research and logical reasoning. On the other hand, while engaging in nothing but pontification and gofflefab and never once supplying a link to anything that would support your confusing arguments you destroyed any hope of credibility you might have built if not so pompous. I’m glad for you that you think you’ve done such a good job. I can just see some of the active potheads around: “Hey man, come look – Donald’s posted again. Like wow, that is so totally rad man. Quick , get a Dorito and come read this" (LOLOLOL)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dear Don,

I dare say, you've joined several in the "old chap" club for whom the Titanic sailed long ago.

This is a new century, do try to keep up.

QK
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

flamingfingers wrote: I also think that Donald should be limited to one thread instead of infecting the Kelowna thread, the BC thread and now this thread with his same old, same old.

The thing about pontificating (to speak about something in a knowing and self-important way, especially when not qualified to do so – that is where the gogfflefab comes in) is that it is a very narrcistic trait where he needs to see himself on as many threads as possible. Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which people want to be the centre of attention. Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, and an over-inflated sense of self-importance that is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders. For some reason Donald has chosen the case of discussing marijuana to fully express these traits but they can also be seen in many other threads.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

An insult is only effective if one values the comments made or the person commenting. Which brings up the fact that according to Health Canada marijuana has a calming effect.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I'm very glad it is working for you then in that regard anyway Donald.
You really should consider not posting while you're stoned though.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Mr Lloyd ...

Instead of spending your time positing personal attacks, professing to represent the "silent majority" and positing inaccurate, exaggerated and sometimes downright false pseudo science about about marijuana IMO you would be far better off educating yourself as to the truth about the benefits and drawbacks of marijuana.

Given your anger over the marijuana threads being opened one could get the impression that you do NOT want people to become knowledgeable about marijuana so that they can direct politicians accordingly. Why would that be?

Return to “Health”