Laser Eye Surgery Correction

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
tl123

Laser Eye Surgery Correction

Post by tl123 »

I'm looking at getting laser eye surgery done. I have been to two different locations and one quoted $4,600 and another was $1,800. If anyone has feedback on who they went to and what procedure they had done, I would really appreciate.
logman
Übergod

Re: Laser Eye Surgery Correction

Post by logman »

I had the "PRK" version of the surgery about 7 years ago. Previous to that I could not get out of bed without glasses or contact lenses. It was one of the best things I have ever done. Changed my life. Knock on wood I am still 20/20! I had it done at a place in kelowna. The name escapes me but it was in the tutt street building in the mission. My dad and my brother also had it done with great success although both are now experiencing the need for reading glasses but such is life as we get older. Playing and working outdoors,I can't stress how much better it is without the burden of contacts or glasses.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

If you have been to two different locations and been given a quote then each place should have told you what you needed done to correct your vision and the procedure they would use, recovery time and so on. Cost is associated with type of procedure done. Your corrective needs may not be the same as someone else's here on the forum so you could be comparing apples to oranges by comparing what someone else paid to what you need.
Technology in this field has changed during the past decade or so. Today laser can do what used to need cutting. Lots of information on the web.
A family member recently was treated at Vivid Laser on Sutherland Ave, in Kelowna. She is extremely happy with the results. She wore glasses from the age of 6 and "couldn't see a thing" without them. She received top-notch service from the moment she walked in the door to the follow-up post surgery. (No, I don't work for Vivid. I happen to be the one who paid for the surgery and it was some of the best money I ever spent.)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
rinaric15

Post by rinaric15 »

My brother did it with them I believe. I think it went well. No issues. Now lives life with no glasses. Occasionally has to go back for checkups to make sure all is well and all is always well anyway. Lifetime warranty as well.

Not much more to say. Procedure is really fast. Had to wear sunglasses for a few days afterward, some eye drops. Then it was back to normal minus the glasses.
rito

Post by rito »

I had laser eye surgery done Oct.2 for Glaucoma and have had nothing but problems since. I see white lines in my eyes, dry, sore and cannot read for more then 15 minutes. None of this happened prior to surgery. Is anyone having the same problems?
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

A friend had laser eye surgery done and has better vision, still needs glasses for reading BUT now cannot drive at night due to halos around lights. if you drive, need to be aware of this possible out come. I do not know the odds but this is a listed side effect.
rito

Post by rito »

smoky500 wrote:A friend had laser eye surgery done and has better vision, still needs glasses for reading BUT now cannot drive at night due to halos around lights. if you drive, need to be aware of this possible out come. I do not know the odds but this is a listed side effect.

Thanks for info. Night driving is not to bad unless there are headlights behind me. I find bright lights or sun light hurts, even reading for any long periods at a time. Im a nurse so doing my charting is difficult.
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

I also went through the similar dilemma - local was about 4k and a place at the coast was 1800. As much as I don't want cheap backyard surgery on my eyes.... I also thoroughly researched both places, and found the local place was higher due to the sunshine tax. The place I went to at the coast was quick, professional and I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner. I always figured that the corrective lenses was correcting my vision to as high as it could be corrected.... I was wrong. Immediately following the surgery I could see better then I have ever been able to.

I'm only two months post surgery, so my eyesight isn't at 20/20 yet but improving all the time.

There are places at the coast that I wouldn't use and were even cheaper then the 1800 or about the same... just didn't hear great reviews. The place I went to also has clinics up here so that you still have great follow up care. If your interested in where I went - please pm me.
derrickholiver

Post by derrickholiver »

great information
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Snickerdoodle wrote: Dec 17th, 2014, 10:21 pm I also went through the similar dilemma - local was about 4k and a place at the coast was 1800. As much as I don't want cheap backyard surgery on my eyes.... I also thoroughly researched both places, and found the local place was higher due to the sunshine tax. The place I went to at the coast was quick, professional and I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner. I always figured that the corrective lenses was correcting my vision to as high as it could be corrected.... I was wrong. Immediately following the surgery I could see better then I have ever been able to.

I'm only two months post surgery, so my eyesight isn't at 20/20 yet but improving all the time.

There are places at the coast that I wouldn't use and were even cheaper then the 1800 or about the same... just didn't hear great reviews. The place I went to also has clinics up here so that you still have great follow up care. If your interested in where I went - please pm me.
exactly, sunshine tax, my sister got work done on her teeth
cost in kelowna would of been 3,450
cost in vancouver was 1,800 :200: . went to vancouver got it done , same service provided that the $3,450 they wanted here
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Health”