What do you know about Boost?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What do you know about Boost?

Post by Thinktank »

it upsets me because i see my uncle going downhill fast - 'boosted' on his way there

it also upsets me because i believe stuff you eat should be natural and pure - like Bernard Jensen suggests.

chlorophyl is good for you according to Bernard Jensen.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Thinktank wrote:So Glaxo Smith Kline puts some sugar, corn syrup, modified milk ingredients and canola oil along with other
chemicals into a bottle and that sick person is supposed to drink the crap.

GSK owns this product?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote:So yes - I do know more than doctors.

Doctors generally recommend Boost when someone is not getting enough nourishment from food.
My Dad who is 90 was not eating properly and would refuse to eat. He would drink the Boost he was given and if it wasn't for that he probably wouldn't still be here!

Thinktank you don't know diddly squat and to come on here and claim otherwise just shows how little you do know!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bsuds wrote:Thinktank you don't know diddly squat

You are correct. I don't know diddly squat. I'm sure you know a lot of diddly squats.

What I do know:

I do know there's always several ways to accomplish something. If I was living near my uncle I'd be paying
a lot of money to make healthy organic nutritional drinks, and I wouldn't mind doing extra labour. But the
people living near him are going the cheap route - Boost.

there's always a better way to do things. And most people almost alwys go the cheap route.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Thinktank wrote:What I do know:
I do know there's always several ways to accomplish something. If I was living near my uncle I'd be paying
a lot of money to make healthy organic nutritional drinks, and I wouldn't mind doing extra labour. But the
people living near him are going the cheap route - Boost.

there's always a better way to do things. And most people almost alwys go the cheap route.

Here's an idea Thinktank if your so concerned about your uncle why not have him moved to you, than you would be able to take care of him yourself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote:Here's an idea Thinktank if your so concerned about your uncle why not have him moved to you, than you would be able to take care of him yourself.

As you can see on this forum, some people resist the idea of organic healthy natural foods for a weak
sick person, and other people are nauseated by the idea of a bottle of Glaxo Smith Kline sugar, corn syrup,
modified milk ingredients and canola oil. My uncle is one of those guys that like's advice from his doctor,
and never did like organic vegetables all that much. He would rather have a bottle of wine than some organic
vegetable juice.

But he might move closer - and then I'll have the chance to help.

Here's a thread called 'drugging the elderly into oblivion'

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53336

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't blame Thinktank for being concerned for his Uncles welfare. I worry about my Dad too but live too far away to do anything other than worry. He is being looked after by his wife (my stepmom) who is quite a bit younger than him so I just have to hope she is doing her best.
If a Dr is recommending Boost then who are we to argue that fact.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Thinktank wrote:nauseated by the idea of a bottle of Glaxo Smith Kline sugar, corn syrup,
modified milk ingredients and canola oil.

GSK doesn't own Boost ... Nestlé S.A. does.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

What you are also probably unaware of (or ignoring the fact) thinktank is that boost has vitamins and minerals in it.
If a person is not eating well or not eating much either because of physical inability or they feel sick then they should drink boost.
I have known people who have gotten very sick and even died as they were not getting proper vitamins and minerals
and that screws up the electrolyte balance in the body. Not a good thing.
mysideofthings
Board Meister

Post by mysideofthings »

I unfortunately had to drink a similar type of meal replacement drink when I was in treatment for an eating disorder. I did not know the ingredients in it at that point (it probably would have been even more of a struggle to choke it down), but I also had no choice to NOT drink it. I thankfully did not have to drink it often, but they do use it routinely in people who struggle with eating disorders or have an otherwise poor oral intake/nutrition.

It would be great if there were similar drinks with more natural things in it, but most the food people eat in general isn't much better either, so it's really the lesser of two evils when you are talking about someone's life.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Another thread started with an off hand comment about something with no research done on the subject. It's to the point I think the OP looks up contreversial topics on the internet and posts them here to somehow make theirselves look like a hero, or whatever. It certainly comes off as the opposite every single time, once in a while would make sense, but every single solitary thread? Rediculous!

Oh Well, it's at the point I see a thread started by some people I just sluff it off as wasted reading. This is "The little boy that cries wolf" Castanet equivalent.

As for Boost, many elderly and people with illness that cannot eat enough food rely on this product to help replenish what nutrients are needed, heck even Children with proper eating issues use this stuff. Hardly cause for calling this product bad, it serves a purpose, and that is to replenish a void in someones diet.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

atenbacon wrote:Another thread started with an off hand comment about something with no research done on the subject. .

Surely you can't be serious.

Sugar.
Corn syrup.
Modified milk ingredients.

^ those are the top ingredients in boost. Everyone should know by now, those ingredients aren't healthy.

I bet most older people can't read the ingredients which are
probably printed white on red. I'm going to look for Boost today in the store. if it's printed in tiny
letters, white on red, which is impossible for older people to read, I'll post it here.

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

atenbacon wrote:Another thread started with an off hand comment about something with no research done on the subject. It's to the point I think the OP looks up contreversial topics on the internet and posts them here to somehow make theirselves look like a hero, or whatever. It certainly comes off as the opposite every single time, once in a while would make sense, but every single solitary thread? Rediculous!

Oh Well, it's at the point I see a thread started by some people I just sluff it off as wasted reading. This is "The little boy that cries wolf" Castanet equivalent.

Ridiculous indeed, and it has a name, it's called trolling, and someone always takes the bait. Time to stop feeding the troll.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

We get it TT. The ingredients are not good. 10 posts on this thread and in 8 of them you list the ingredients. Your point it made. Move on.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

As someone mentioned already, Boost is a Nestle product with no connection to Glaxo Smith Kline. I have no idea why you would even try to connect it other than ignorance or fear mongering.
There are many types of Boost now.....here is info on reasons why one might need the product:

"Some of the benefits of an 8 fl oz serving of BOOST Original Drink are:

10 g High-Quality Protein To help maintain muscle
26 Vitamins and Minerals To help meet your daily nutritional needs
Calcium and Vitamin D To help support bone health
Antioxidants (Selenium, Vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene)
Low in Saturated Fat With 4 g of total fat, just 1 g saturated fat, and 10 mg cholesterol per serving
Gluten-free Suitable for people with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease
Suitable for Lactose Intolerance**"

What nutritional value would chlorophyll offer to your uncle?
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Health”