Has anyone tried this water yet?
It contains "Lithia" (Lithium).

Thoughts?
~ An act of kindness will put a smile in your heart, and your kisser!~
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: "Happy Water"

Post by Bsuds »

For the benefit of those (like me) who have no clue what this post is referring to, here is a link.

http://livehappywater.com/
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

They were giving this out at the Health Show. Here is an interesting article on it:

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/10/3 ... your-face/

Placebo effect?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

PT Barnum was right!
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

More like anything to scam people out of their money.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

As far as I am concerned, it's a fad. One of those 9-Day Wonders we get around here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

They need to get Pharrel Wiiliams to endorse it!

[youtube] http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM [/youtube]
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Keeping your body alkaline is important but my guess is that drinking this water vs "the other stuff", wont do much.
There is a local company here in town which produces and bottles its own alkaline water.

...or you could drink lemon water for the same/better effect.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Water tastes better natural. If god thought we needed lithium in the water in order to survive, he would have created water with lithium so we could survive.

No wonder there's so much cancer around!

You know lithium is used to treat bipolar disorders right?

Can I have a glass of "diet" water please?
Olivia
Fledgling

Post by Olivia »

Hmmm.. not sure where my last post went, will try again.

My daughter and I both drank a bottle of the "Happy Water" on saturday.. she was fine, it gave me several dizzy spells.
I hadn't eaten/drank anything out of the ordinary except the HW. I'm positive it was the water.

ps. thanks Bsuds for the link, I forgot to post it.
~ An act of kindness will put a smile in your heart, and your kisser!~
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

monroe wrote:Keeping your body alkaline is important but my guess is that drinking this water vs "the other stuff", wont do much.
There is a local company here in town which produces and bottles its own alkaline water.

...or you could drink lemon water for the same/better effect.

Lemon is acidic.
Baking soda is alkaline.

ETA:
Narrow range of pH values
See also: Acid-base homeostasis

Blood pH is regulated to stay within the narrow range of 7.35 to 7.45, making it slightly basic.[8][9] Blood that has a pH below 7.35 is too acidic, whereas blood pH above 7.45 is too basic. Blood pH, partial pressure of oxygen (pO2), partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2), and HCO3− are carefully regulated by a number of homeostatic mechanisms, which exert their influence principally through the respiratory system and the urinary system in order to control the acid-base balance and respiration. An arterial blood gas test will measure these. Plasma also circulates hormones transmitting their messages to various tissues. The list of normal reference ranges for various blood electrolytes is extensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood#Narr ... _pH_values

There is absolutely NO need to drink stuff that is acidic or basic - a good diet provides all the necessary elements for homeostasis.
Chill
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

flamingfingers wrote:Baking soda is alkaline.

ETA:
Narrow range of pH values
See also: Acid-base homeostasis

Blood pH is regulated to stay within the narrow range of 7.35 to 7.45, making it slightly basic.[8][9] Blood that has a pH below 7.35 is too acidic, whereas blood pH above 7.45 is too basic. Blood pH, partial pressure of oxygen (pO2), partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2), and HCO3− are carefully regulated by a number of homeostatic mechanisms, which exert their influence principally through the respiratory system and the urinary system in order to control the acid-base balance and respiration. An arterial blood gas test will measure these. Plasma also circulates hormones transmitting their messages to various tissues. The list of normal reference ranges for various blood electrolytes is extensive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood#Narr ... _pH_values

There is absolutely NO need to drink stuff that is acidic or basic - a good diet provides all the necessary elements for homeostasis.

Thankyou for the half baked comment. instead of copy/pasting Google drivel on pH, i suggest you broaden your research on what contributes to good pH.
Just becuase lemons are sour doesnt make them acidic to the system.
LEMONS are one of the best ways of increasing your pH.

... But you could take your own advice and drink baking soda if you like that over lemons - itll do the same thing, only messing with baking soda is more volatile.

Back to google.

Anyone here who has run though alternative treatments to cancer will offer up several protocols that will detail how to combat low pH/increase pH.
- health nuts, specifically those who juice will be aware of how best to increase pH - for how long and with what ingredients.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

matai wrote:Water tastes better natural. If god thought we needed lithium in the water in order to survive, he would have created water with lithium so we could survive.

Honestly?

Whether Happy Water" is good, bad or otherwise, youve picked a really bad thread to come on and make a comment/association about this product and all the cancer in the world when one of its selling points is that it has a higher or neutral pH.

... Yea yea, there could be 10 other carcinogenic things in the water but its comical that of the million other topics on this board where you could cough up a comment on cancer causing/contributing products, that you bring it up on a product that actually pitches itself as being alkaline.

Lol
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

matai wrote:Water tastes better natural. If god thought we needed lithium in the water in order to survive, he would have created water with lithium so we could survive.

monroe wrote:

Honestly?

Whether Happy Water" is good, bad or otherwise, youve picked a really bad thread to come on and make a comment/association about this product and all the cancer in the world when one of its selling points is that it has a higher or neutral pH.

... Yea yea, there could be 10 other carcinogenic things in the water but its comical that of the million other topics on this board where you could cough up a comment on cancer causing/contributing products, that you bring it up on a product that actually pitches itself as being alkaline.

Lol

And why on earth would you tell us it's beneficial for our health to drink battery juice? LOL you could have posted your own comments in the automotive section of this board LOL
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Anyone here who has run though alternative treatments to cancer will offer up several protocols that will detail how to combat low pH/increase pH.
- health nuts, specifically those who juice will be aware of how best to increase pH - for how long and with what ingredients.

Oh, I get it now.... a "Dr. Robert O. Young" believer... scarey!!!!

pH Miracle Living “Dr.” Robert O. Young is finally arrested, but will it stop him?
Posted by David Gorski on January 27, 2014 (592 Comments)

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ph- ... -stop-him/

Reputable links on pH and cancer:

Cancer Myth #2: "I saw on the Internet that cancer likes acid and a low pH. If I eat alkaline foods, will it help my cancer?"

Holen: "There is no scientific evidence that this is true. This belief is very similar to the myth about altering your body's blood sugar level. It's difficult to change your blood pH by eating alkaline foods like green vegetables, strawberries, apples or pumpkin. Like blood sugar, the body's pH is tightly regulated. The bottom line is changing pH is not a rational way of treating cancer because it's almost impossible to alter blood pH."

http://www.uwhealth.org/news/cancer-myth-busting/13581

Myth 3: ‘Acidic’ diets cause cancer

Some myths about cancer are surprisingly persistent, despite flying in the face of basic biology. One such idea is that overly ‘acidic’ diets cause your blood to become ‘too acidic’, which can increase your risk of cancer. Their proposed answer: increase your intake of healthier ‘alkaline’ foods like green vegetables and fruits (including, paradoxically, lemons).

This is biological nonsense. True, cancer cells can’t live in an overly alkaline environment, but neither can any of the other cells in your body.

Blood is usually slightly alkaline. This is tightly regulated by the kidneys within a very narrow and perfectly healthy range. It can’t be changed for any meaningful amount of time by what you eat. And while eating green veg is certainly healthy, that’s not because of any effect on how acid or alkaline your body is.

There is something called acidosis. This is a physiological condition that happens when your kidneys and lungs can’t keep your body’s pH (a measure of acidity) in balance. It is often the result of serious illness or poisoning. It can be life-threatening and needs urgent medical attention, but it’s not down to overly acidic diets.

We know that the immediate environment around cancer cells (the microenvironment) can become acidic. This is due to differences in the way that tumours create energy and use oxygen compared with healthy tissue. Researchers are working hard to understand how this happens, in order to develop more effective cancer treatments.

But there’s no good evidence to prove that diet can manipulate whole body pH, or that it has an impact on cancer.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org ... -debunked/
Chill

Return to “Health”