Changes to the Health Canada library affect credibility

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Changes to the Health Canada library affect credibility

Post by wanderer »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/library ... 66?cmp=rss
Managers at Health Canada admitted that changes to the department's library services would lead to risks to the department's credibility and its ability to produce evidence-based decisions.

... The managers' concerns have one observer saying that if the federal health minister doesn't reverse the changes, "she's putting Canadians at serious risk."

... "What's happening at Health Canada is obviously very serious. But it is a component of a much more serious environment ... that the Conservatives have declared a war on science,"

I read in a different article that said some scientific libraries were being made digital and that the actual books were being destroyed. In some cases research articles and books were destroyed before being put into digital format. How many times do we find that we have to revisit research to look at information that we didn't understand at the time it was originally presented? This will make it that much more difficult to build on research that has come before we have fully understood it.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Changes to the Health Canada library affect credibility

Post by BelieveNothing »

Since the advent of the digital/computer age it would seem that there is an intentional dismantling of all things REAL. All things tangable.

I truely find it disheartening how few people realize what is taking place. All government store fronts are being shut down, postal is on its way out, veterans offices closing the doors.... And on and on it goes.

A fine state of affairs turning our tangible world into a virtual reality.

Makes me nautious!

Return to “Health”