BC medical services

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: BC medical services

Post by jimmy4321 »

I don't see what's wrong with saying seniors probably use up the biggest chunk of resources in health care with chronic conditions and the increased concern for their own health. Face it people are living longer, long enough to make a sometimes very very slow exit add to that a glut of baby boomers.
That said, I imagine anybody at ANY age could easily burn up a lifetime of premiums with just a big health crisis.
I'm happy with the system we have, someday I"ll get old and fall apart if I'm lucky.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

norton123 wrote:Can anyone direct me to the proper way of dealing with bc medical billing dept.i owe $600 in back arrears due to an accident at work and was'nt able to pay due to not working, applied for temp. Assistance, turned down and am now getting calls constantly by a machine to call them, however trying to weave through their automated system gets to frustrating. I know I will have to get this taken care of, my biggest peeve is they want monthly payments and for what do you get in return? I can't find a doctor I use walk in clinics and am on a wait list for a Mir for up to 12 month wait list, was sent for physical therapy and was told it's not covered, so exactly what does a person pay for through bc medical and yet can'nt get any services?

This happened at work . Were you denied by WCB?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Alberta is where its at. I needed a bunch of tests done on my heart, Echocardiogram, Myocardial Perfusion Stress test (2 day nuclear tracer scan), 24 hr BP, lots of lab work. It was all done within weeks according to my schedule and I never had to pay a cent.

I hated MSP. When I lived in BC I got on the wrong side of them as well. Your premium costs are determined from last years tax return...doesn't help when you get laid off and are forced to pay high premiums due to working fulltime the year before. Their response "well next year your rates will be adjusted lower" thanks *bleep* a lot of good it will do me then.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Oxl3y wrote:
I hated MSP. When I lived in BC I got on the wrong side of them as well. Your premium costs are determined from last years tax return...doesn't help when you get laid off and are forced to pay high premiums due to working fulltime the year before. Their response "well next year your rates will be adjusted lower" thanks *bleep* a lot of good it will do me then.

Have to agree with that part.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Be happy we’re covered by Canada’s universal health insurance system, where we all contribute and we all have medical coverage available. It might not be gold-plated, but it gets the job done.

Some facing COV19 related hospital bills in the USA can be facing bankruptcy.

A method that might reign-in marginal excess use of Canada’s ’free’ medical system, would be to introduce a modest ($20) user fee/GPvisit, which would be waived for the first two visits per year, and for certain circumstances such as identified illness, or income assistance. This might help put a damper on excessive visits, and provide time for other patients in need of a GP.
Attachments
824FA916-E538-4D43-B9F9-8E645CDF882E.jpeg

Return to “Health”