40 Sneaky Names For MSG (Check Your Labels!)

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

40 Sneaky Names For MSG (Check Your Labels!)

Post by jimsenchuk »

Hidden Names For MSG And Free Glutamic Acid:

Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid. [Parentheses denote UK ingredient numbers]

Glutamic Acid (E 620)2
Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium Glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium Glutamate (E 622)
Calcium Glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium Glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium Glutamate (E 625)
Natrium Glutamate
Yeast Extract
Anything hydrolyzed
Any hydrolyzed protein
Calcium Caseinate
Sodium Caseinate
Yeast Food
Yeast Nutrient
Autolyzed Yeast
Gelatin
Textured Protein
Soy Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Isolate
Anything :protein
Vetsin
Ajinomoto [name of Japanese company, one of the largest MSG producers - often found on labels abroad and in Latin America]

Names of ingredients that often contain or produce processed free glutamic acid

Carrageenan (E 407)
Bouillon and broth
Stock
Any flavors or flavoring
Maltodextrin
Citric acid, Citrate (E 330)
Anything ultra-pasteurized
Barley malt
Pectin (E 440)
Protease
Anything enzyme modified
Anything containing enzymes
Malt extract
Soy sauce
Soy sauce extract
Anything protein fortified
Seasonings

Read more at http://www.the-open-mind.com/40-sneaky- ... eSXWESS.99
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: 40 Sneaky Names For MSG (Check Your Labels!)

Post by WeatherWoman »

Thank you for posting this...it's something we try to avoid. However MSG does occur naturally in some fruit etc.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I used to fear MSG, but now I'm wondering if it's really that bad. The Japanese have been eating the stuff for centuries, and look at them, one of the longest living people on earth. Generally what happens with you take away MSG is that you replace it with sugar to add flavour, and I would argue that's worse.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJw8r_YWJ9k

There is nothing wrong with MSG... Don't believe the hype. Watch this video.

For everyone who says they're MSG sensitive... Do you eat tomatoes? Do you eat cheese? Do you eat mushrooms? Miraculously, people who think they're sensitive can eat all of these foods that have MSG naturally occurring in them.

MSG isn't bad for you. Study after study proves it. Here's more info:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/its-the-umami-stupid-why-the-truth-about-msg-is-so-easy-to-swallow-180947626/?no-ist

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/dining/05glute.html?_r=0
Last edited by Jonrox on Oct 8th, 2014, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Glacier wrote:I used to fear MSG, but now I'm wondering if it's really that bad. The Japanese have been eating the stuff for centuries, and look at them, one of the longest living people on earth. Generally what happens with you take away MSG is that you replace it with sugar to add flavour, and I would argue that's worse.

MSG is actually a miracle diet food, because it can be used to enhance the flavor of healthy foods like broccoli, cauliflower, eggs, and other vegetables. It can make bland but nutritious food delicious. For the reason you mentioned, it could entice people to stay away from sugar and salt, while having no adverse side effects.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Jonrox wrote: Oct 8th, 2014, 4:29 pm MSG is actually a miracle ...
Isn't it funny that an ingredient people in a country where 2/3 of us are overweight are gobbling every day, not one of us know where MSG comes from, or how it is manufactured. What is it? Where does it come from?

We are kept ignorant by the people who make money selling us stuff. They sell us the food, and control how we learn information.

If MSG is such a miracle, why do they call it forty different names - like yeast extract, hydrolyzed protein etc?

No one uses MSG at home - yet every restaurant uses it. why is that?

anyone know?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I’ve gone to MSG and watched Rangers vs Canadiens…. Oops wrong MSG. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 6:56 am

Isn't it funny that an ingredient people in a country where 2/3 of us are overweight are gobbling every day, not one of us know where MSG comes from, or how it is manufactured. What is it? Where does it come from?

We are kept ignorant by the people who make money selling us stuff. They sell us the food, and control how we learn information.

If MSG is such a miracle, why do they call it forty different names - like yeast extract, hydrolyzed protein etc?

No one uses MSG at home - yet every restaurant uses it. why is that?

anyone know?
Of course people use it at home. Walmart sells it. And, as noted above, people know where it comes from.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Glacier wrote: Oct 8th, 2014, 3:31 pm I used to fear MSG, but now I'm wondering if it's really that bad. The Japanese have been eating the stuff for centuries, and look at them, one of the longest living people on earth. Generally what happens with you take away MSG is that you replace it with sugar to add flavour, and I would argue that's worse.
Being a nerd, I watched a program on the development of MSG. It covered where it comes from, why the guy researched so hard to figure it out, and discusses the racism behind the (baseless) North American propaganda against it. I’m no longer afraid of MSG, either. Gimme my umami damnit!
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

kgcayenne wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 10:07 am Being a nerd, I watched a program on the development of MSG. It covered where it comes from, why the guy researched so hard to figure it out, and discusses the racism behind the (baseless) North American propaganda against it. I’m no longer afraid of MSG, either. Gimme my umami damnit!
Interesting. I'd posted that 10 years ago, which was about the time I started to question my belief that MSG was schlecht. I'm a fan of MSG now after doing more reading and listening to podcasts about it. There does seem to be a racist element to the fearmongering.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 6:56 am
As far as I know MSG must be labeled differently from yeast extract.
The glutamate content of yeast extract is generally around five per cent. This is low compared with other commonplace foodstuffs. In tomatoes, peas and mushrooms, for example, the glutamate content is significantly higher than in yeast extract.
https://www.yeastextract.info/2016/12/0 ... glutamate/

Threw out some old Accent not too long ago.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Just like the nefarious dihydrogen monoxide being labeled under other names. Its even in high concentrations in organic blueberries but you'll never see big fruit admit it on a label.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LordEd wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 12:41 pm Just like the nefarious dihydrogen monoxide being labeled under other names. Its even in high concentrations in organic blueberries but you'll never see big fruit admit it on a label.
Some fruits are even higher, like Watermelon and Strawberries.

A shame too cause I like those but I'm trying to cut back.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

LordEd wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 12:41 pm Just like the nefarious dihydrogen monoxide being labeled under other names. Its even in high concentrations in organic blueberries but you'll never see big fruit admit it on a label.
Interesting... do you have any examples of ingredient labels on yummy blueberries? No? then how about chemical analysis of this sub-variant of dihydrofuran you speak of? :135:
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Dihydrogen monoxide.

https://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html

People die every year from over exposure and inhalation of DHMO. They use it in many common pesticides. Perhaps somebody here can organize a rally against it?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.

Return to “Health”