That Lingering Cough

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

That Lingering Cough

Post by Lady tehMa »

I've got it >_<

I've got asthma too. The cold was over about 2 and a half weeks ago, I'm still coughing.

Any preferred methods of shaking the cough?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Baba O'Riley
Lord of the Board

Re: That Lingering Cough

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Lady tehMa wrote:Any preferred methods of shaking the cough?

Try gargling with warm, salty water (yuk - rinse with clean water after!)
Hot lemon with honey can work great too.
Hope you manage to shake it soon!

More info: http://everydayroots.com/cough-remedies
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It isn't a throat tickle, it's more twitchy bronchi which occasionally sounds like a seal mating call :p
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Get thee to the store and buy some Dry Cough syrup ... works wonders. I bought the store brand at SuperStore - 250mL bottle for $7.98 and it's sucrose and alcohol free.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I have that cough, I've tried everything. My everything hurts from coughing already. I have never had a cough like this, if you find something that works let me know.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

That lingering cough that is associated with asthma, only went away when my doc gave me an inhaler. I rarely use an inhaler but this time it was invaluable. I have exercise induced asthma.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I have exercised induced asthma too. It only shows up when I exercise, during allergy season, when I have a cold or flu . . .

Yeah, the inhaler helps a lot. Seeing my doc today and getting his input. My MIL is convinced I have "walking pneumonia" but it feels way different that the last time I had pneumonia.

Saw my chiro yesterday, he moved a few things around and I can breathe and move a bit better - muscles get tight and things get pulled out of place with all that coughing. He also told me to look into "zenhale" for asthma, apparently it cured his daughters asthma.

I haven't made it to a store for the cough syrup oneh2Obabe mentioned (will have time today though). Zookeeper, I suggest you try her advice - I don't think I've ever known her to be wrong.

Be sick and scheduled to the hilt, and at Christmas season really is NOT fun. :p
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Cough syrup worked, for the first two hours last night. New inhaler is working well (didn't get the zenhale, got same thing in another brand - symbicort turbohaler). Prescription cough syrup will hopefully be ready today.

It isn't pneumonia or bronchitis, just my asthma run amuck. Got to get those twitchy bronchi settled.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

You have to give it a chance ... takes a couple of days to kick in. My cough is history.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have an annoying dry cough as well but it's cause is a side effect of some medication I'm on.
Causes itchy skin too.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

oneh2obabe wrote:You have to give it a chance ... takes a couple of days to kick in. My cough is history.

I've got no choice, can't have the other stuff till late Monday now >_<
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Symbicort turbohaler is the one that helped with my lingering cough too. Relief was almost instantaneous, as in within 2 days it was gone. Were you told to rinse your mouth after each use to prevent thrush?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yup, was told that. Maximum of 4 uses in a day. I'm off to a zumba class today so I'm packing that and my alto-salbutomal as well. Warm up song sucks majorly, but the rest of the class will be good, and I'll be breathing better all day for it.

The class is at the Woman's Place Gym - bring an unwrapped toy and enjoy over an hour of Zumba - and you don't have to be a member to go. Class is at noon.
markhans

Post by markhans »

you can try some of these .. especially honey with milk.. it heals the throat very fast.. gone through this once and tried it out.. it really works
http://olwomen.com/best-home-remedies-for-cough/

Return to “Health”