Ken Knorr's letter about cig pack pics

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
davis123
Board Meister

Re: Ken Knorr's letter about cig pack pics

Post by davis123 »

skydawg wrote:Boo Hoo. Poor baby smokers feel picked on

wow thank you for this knowledgeable post!

hmm doesn't surprise me that you have almost 3000 posts and your pathetic comment wasn't removed.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Dave_1963 wrote:Well, smokes have got me through the hardest times in my life. Believe what you wanna believe, I will never quit. If I ever DO get cancer, rest assured I will not take any medical treatment and cost the taxpayers any $$$. It was my choice, and I will deal with any consequences on my own. I will not burden the taxpayers because of a choice that I made, although I wish stores would have not sold smokes to minors for 22 some-odd years. I get a lot of people angry with my posts, but Ken was right with his letter. These forums are so full of bigots, I only bother posting once as I know that all the haters will attack me. No more input on this topic from me! I have gone on forums from everywhere to Rochester, NY, to Los Angeles, and I have NEVER seen so many biased people in my life than on Castanet. I'll just light up another smoke, and let you guys rage all you want! :)

I hear ya Dave! There is a select few that have about 8 billion posts on here that have nothing better to do than attack and just try to start crap. But that is the name of the game in forums, keep the ones who post lots cause they are the ones keeping the board 'alive'.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*back on topic!*
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Come on Davis. Why are smokers always trying to defend themselves? I smoked brother, for a long time so I kinda think I have more insight than those who never did but just think it's disgusting.

I think it's disgusting. Most do. Smokers don't because they are caught in a trap they can't get out of. Or aren't willing to try.

There are all kinds of self destructive behaviors. This thread is about smoking. We can start one about whatever else you want and we can agree to disagree, or maybe not, on it.

If you as a smoker feel discriminated against, you are correct. The vast, vast majority of the population in Canada are non-smokers. I would think that most of them dislike smoking to at least some degree and would say that we would all be better off without it. Some might not care one way or the other and that's OK too.

But don't try to make it out to be anything less than it is. It is dangerous and it is a foul habit.

At least own it. I did. SO have tens of thousands of others.

Dave; no one hates you because of your choice. It's the habit that is disgusting, not you.

And disagreeing with your stance doesn't make anyone a bigot.

Smoke, don't smoke. Your choice but like I said, own it for what it is and don't get indignant when you see people look at you in disgust and wrinkle their noses.

I will tell you this; until you quit, you can never know just how bad you smell and how hard it was on your body.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Come on Davis. Why are smokers always trying to defend themselves? I smoked brother, for a long time so I kinda think I have more insight than those who never did but just think it's disgusting.

I think it's disgusting. Most do. Smokers don't because they are caught in a trap they can't get out of. Or aren't willing to try.

There are all kinds of self destructive behaviors. This thread is about smoking. We can start one about whatever else you want and we can agree to disagree, or maybe not, on it.

If you as a smoker feel discriminated against, you are correct. The vast, vast majority of the population in Canada are non-smokers. I would think that most of them dislike smoking to at least some degree and would say that we would all be better off without it. Some might not care one way or the other and that's OK too.

But don't try to make it out to be anything less than it is. It is dangerous and it is a foul habit.

At least own it. I did. SO have tens of thousands of others.

Dave; no one hates you because of your choice. It's the habit that is disgusting, not you.

And disagreeing with your stance doesn't make anyone a bigot.

Smoke, don't smoke. Your choice but like I said, own it for what it is and don't get indignant when you see people look at you in disgust and wrinkle their noses.

I will tell you this; until you quit, you can never know just how bad you smell and how hard it was on your body.

Are you calling me brother...make that sister :) Where did you see me defend smoking here? I didn't - my prob was with the snarky remarks that seem to come up in every post from castanet regulars. I smoke, its disgusting, I get that. The self-righteous people is what gets me, that comment on the money spent, who cares, its Dave's money, we all waste money on stupid crap.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This sounds like defense to me.

People assume smoking costs hundreds or thousands a month, I am a heavy smoker, probably a pack to two a day, I roll my own, costs me 120$ a month. How much do you spend on starbucks, tims, eating out, alcohol, etc etc etc? I think everyone is allowed to have that little luxury they spend money on, so what if mine or anyone elses' is smokes?

Sorry for the missed gender. I made an assumption.

Glad to hear you say that you recognize it as disgusting.

And to keep it square;

Starbucks 0
Tims (gross) less than 0
Eating out very seldom. The little Mexican place in West Kelowna is good though. Went there first time the other day.
Alcohol Now ur talkin
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:This sounds like defense to me.

People assume smoking costs hundreds or thousands a month, I am a heavy smoker, probably a pack to two a day, I roll my own, costs me 120$ a month. How much do you spend on starbucks, tims, eating out, alcohol, etc etc etc? I think everyone is allowed to have that little luxury they spend money on, so what if mine or anyone elses' is smoke?

I stated how much I pay for smokes, whether that is 1$ or 100,000$ is not the point. There is no need to judge people on what they spend their money on, unless you happen to support them, which you do not. So take the judgements and shove it!

ohhh you spend lots on alcohol hey, you must be an alcoholic who abuses your wife, kicks your dog and beats your kids! How much do you spend on alcohol? have you ever thought about quitting because it is NOT healthy and there is absolutely no reason to do it!!! PLUS you stink when you have that nasty alcohol breath!! isn't that annoying? ya that's what you guys sound like, leave people alone for gawds sake and stop being so damn judgemental unless it is impacting your life in some way.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

When you smoke and I can smell it, you impact my life. My not smoking does nothing to you.

My post was meant tongue in cheek but you in your elevated state of consciousness took it as a reason to attack me.

So take the judgements and shove it!

ohhh you spend lots on alcohol hey, you must be an alcoholic who abuses your wife, kicks your dog and beats your kids! How much do you spend on alcohol? have you ever thought about quitting because it is NOT healthy and there is absolutely no reason to do it!!! PLUS you stink when you have that nasty alcohol breath!! isn't that annoying? ya that's what you guys sound like, leave people alone for gawds sake and stop being so damn judgemental unless it is impacting your life in some way.

I do judge you for smoking because there isn't a person on the planet that doesn't on some level know how wrong it is. How harmful it is and how disgusting it is.

Alcoholics too. Drug addicts too. Choices. Own them. Don't deflect.

You took my post and you ran with it and your answer was to try to make me look silly. I think it backfired.

I hope you don't spend much on perfume cuz it doesn't mask the awful smell that clings to you after you smoke.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

mexicalidreamer wrote: When you smoke and I can smell it, you impact my life. My not smoking does nothing to you.

My post was meant tongue in cheek but you in your elevated state of consciousness took it as a reason to attack me..

So take the judgements and shove it!

mexicalidreamer wrote:I do judge you for smoking because there isn't a person on the planet that doesn't on some level know how wrong it is. How harmful it is and how disgusting it is.

Alcoholics too. Drug addicts too. Choices. Own them. Don't deflect.

You took my post and you ran with it and your answer was to try to make me look silly. I think it backfired.

I hope you don't spend much on perfume cuz it doesn't mask the awful smell that clings to you after you smoke.

hmm I guess that's just too bad if you can smell the smoke, maybe you should get the hell away from me when I am smoking then hey? Guaranteed it is not me coming up and standing beside you while I am smoking and if someone does that to you then maybe you should say something to them, cause they're being a jerk. If I am smoking in my little corner, far away from everyone/buildings, then please do not come and sit a foot away from me and then make comments about my smoking or you will get a face of smoke for being a dipsh!t and getting in my personal space. You might want to be preaching this to the Government, yknow the ones who make it LEGAL for me to purchase cigarettes.

lol I laugh at your stinky comment - I would be willing to bet that if I was standing right beside you that you would have NO idea I smoke unless I lit one up. I do bathe and wash my hands.

Nice you admit to being judgemental, that is always a wonderful trait to have. I wonder how people like you treat any family members or friends who do smoke - do you talk to them like you do here?

No worries bud I do own it, I choose to smoke cigarettes and will continue to do so until I decide otherwise, yep I know its unhealthy, kinda like the big mac I ate last week too, these are my choices, I pay for them, financially and with my health. People like you with your snide remarks and judgements - are you trying to help or just trying to belittle and act like you are far superior because you do not smoke? Put your money where your mouth is and petition the government to ban smoking, make it illegal - that would help wouldn't it, but nooooooo you'll just sit at your computer and judge the smokers instead lol get a grip, if something is LEGAL people are going to do it, whether it is healthy or not, yknow like that alcohol you claim to like so much.

You will get nowhere with me bud, just like anyone else who chooses to smoke, they need to decide when to quit for themselves, NOT because judgemental forum members think its a good idea to belittle and judge. So judge away, none of us care what you think about us smoking :)

For anyone in BC who is ready to quit - you can get free patches, gum or prescription products to help you quit :)
http://www.quitnow.ca/tools-and-resourc ... -drugs.php
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

hmm I guess that's just too bad if you can smell the smoke, maybe you should get the hell away from me when I am smoking then hey? Wow! what a stupid thing to say. Guaranteed it is not me coming up and standing beside you while I am smoking and if someone does that to you then maybe you should say something to them, cause they're being a jerk. If I am smoking in my little corner, far away from everyone/buildings, then please do not come and sit a foot away from me and then make comments about my smoking or you will get a face of smoke for being a dipsh!t and getting in my personal space. If you are smoking, you have no personal space. You might want to be preaching this to the Government, yknow the ones who make it LEGAL for me to purchase cigarettes. So, the government is to blame for you smoking? Cause they allow the sale of tobacco?

lol I laugh at your stinky comment - I would be willing to bet that if I was standing right beside you that you would have NO idea I smoke unless I lit one up. I do bathe and wash my hands. Yah, no. You smell like cigarette smoke, either fresh or stale. It's kinda like working in a fish plant. you will smell like fish. Or your McDonalds, it makes you smell like greasy food. Or, if you were an athlete, you would smell sweat. You're a smoker so you smell like, well like a smoker. Only you don't notice it because you smoke but rest assured that everyone else around you knows you are a smoker.

Nice you admit to being judgemental, that is always a wonderful trait to have. I wonder how people like you treat any family members or friends who do smoke - do you talk to them like you do here? We are all judgmental; I have no issue admitting to it. You, not so much but you too are being judgmental. If my kids smoked, you bet they would hear the wrath of me. Remember sister (got it right) I smoked for many years. And yes, I talk to every smoker in my life whom I know and associate with that they smell bad and that because I care about them, they should quit. [color=#FF0000]Oh, and none of my family members smoke. Or my wifes. Cool huh? We aren't all stupid. Of the thirty or so people in my life who matter to me, family and friends, 2 smoke.

[/color]No worries bud I do own it, I choose to smoke cigarettes and will continue to do so until I decide otherwise, yep I know its unhealthy, kinda like the big mac I ate last week too, these are my choices, I pay for them, financially and with my health. People like you Ummm, that's judgmental with your snide remarks and judgements - are you trying to help or just trying to belittle and act like you are far superior because you do not smoke? Once more with gusto! I smoked for almost 30 years!!!!!!Put your money where your mouth is and petition the government to ban smoking,What a cop out. It isn't the fault of the government that you choose to smoke. make it illegal - that would help wouldn't it,Yah cuz making the use of oh, lets say heroin, cocaine, Meth amphetamine and on and on illegal has all but eradicated drug use here on planet earth but nooooooo you'll just sit at your computer and judge the smokers instead lol get a grip, if something is LEGAL people are going to do it, whether it is healthy or not, yknow like that alcohol you claim to like so much. Mmmmmmm. Alcohol.

You will get nowhere with me bud, just like anyone else who chooses to smoke, they need to decide when to quit for themselves, NOT because judgemental forum members think its a good idea to belittle and judge. So judge away, none of us care what you think about us smoking :) I think you do though cuz you are still taking limp little pot shots at me instead of just saying "sticks and stones" and then running away and hiding
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I like the taxes on cigarettes. They can keep raising those.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Yup yup. Pays for play grounds and hospitals.

Return to “Health”