Naked yoga in Kelowna, BC

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Naked yoga in Kelowna, BC

Post by oneh2obabe »

Naked yoga — where participants bare it all for their practice — is gaining traction in Kelowna, B.C., with classes aimed at helping women accept their bodies for what they are.

"The general overwhelming intention is to try to integrate the entire body to allow yourself to breathe in and become one and not reject different body parts because they are aesthetically not pleasing to you," said instructor Suzie Doratti, who also works as a (clothed) real estate agent.

"You carry a lot of baggage and opinions about certain body parts and I think the smoothing over of all of those edges and allowing yourself to just feel like a complete being that's vibrant in every cell and tissue and organ and accept all of it for what it is."

The classes, which are held at different studios around Kelowna, are women-only and are done by candlelight with the mirrors blocked out.

Doratti said participants usually start off self-conscious, but get more comfortable as the class goes on.

"That's probably my favourite part of the class, is that shift from nervousness to power," she said.

CBC producer Gillianne Richards tried out one of Doratti's classes. To hear how it went, listen to the audio labelled: Naked yoga gains traction in Kelowna.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3019621
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Naked yoga in Kelowna, BC

Post by mexi cali »

Im a liberal guy but I gotta tell you, this is gross. The view from the back row??? Nuff to make a guy wanna pull his eyes outta his head. Or a gal.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Naked yoga in Kelowna, BC

Post by gardengirl »

I don't get it either. I personally think there is something wrong with people who desire to be naked in public.
As for the hygiene issue......ewwwww.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Health”