New Weeds Kelowna Dispensary - where's regulation?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
bean1336

New Weeds Kelowna Dispensary - where's regulation?

Post by bean1336 »

There's a new dispensary downtown on Bay Ave. Weeds Kelowna

I went in there, very friendly staff but how does this city regulate this? Where's the legality? I understand there are many closet users in Kelowna, just curious where everyone stands on this? The guy said they're over 100 members... I don't know what that's worth

Pictures right off their website, looks like a hipster restaurant, not a dispensary! And are they allowed to show jars of pot?

source: http://www.weedskelowna.com
Attachments
Weeds Kelowna (11) (Medium) (Mobile).JPG
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: New Weeds Kelowna Dispensary - where's regulation?

Post by Gixxer »

What's your point and why do you care?
bean1336

Post by bean1336 »

I'm just curious what people think about it?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

bean1336 wrote:I'm just curious what people think about it?

Its great. Whats wrong with displaying in jars and having a hipster style environment?
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

bean1336 wrote:I understand there are many closet users in Kelowna, just curious where everyone stands on this? The guy said they're over 100 members... I don't know what that's worth

Pictures right off their website, looks like a hipster restaurant, not a dispensary! And are they allowed to show jars of pot?

What do you mean by 'closet' users and what would a closet user have to do with this store? You need to be qualified to buy weed from this place, they couldn't be more out in the open than that.

I'm not really getting the whole 'hipster restaurant' feel...looks more like an office setting.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

bean1336 wrote:There's a new dispensary downtown on Bay Ave. Weeds Kelowna

I went in there, very friendly staff but how does this city regulate this? Where's the legality? I understand there are many closet users in Kelowna, just curious where everyone stands on this? The guy said they're over 100 members... I don't know what that's worth

Cool, I didn't know that place was there.
I have no idea how the city would regulate this place of business or if they can display jars of pot but I would assume it to be legally licensed and if they were contravening any by-laws I'm sure the owners would be forced to bring the establishment into compliance.
I agree tho that there are a lot of closet users in Kelowna. I would surmise that because of our societies position of keeping MJ illeagal that most users could be correctly catagorized as closet users.
My personal stance on this business is to wish them well.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Boda wrote:I agree tho that there are a lot of closet users in Kelowna. I would surmise that because of our societies position of keeping MJ illeagal that most users could be correctly catagorized as closet users.
My personal stance on this business is to wish them well.

MJ is not illegal for any of the customers that will be using this store. Therefore, there is nothing 'closet' about them. For other people who use it recreationally or medically without approval I would call them 'closet' users. I would also say that it is not 'societies' position of keeping MJ illegal, it's our governments position. Two very different things.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

bean1336 wrote:And are they allowed to show jars of pot?

It's for people with prescription, not for everybody. Of course, prescription can be obtained simply because one is stressed (who isn't stressed these days?) by having a 2-minute chat with a "doctor" on Skype. Once you have a prescription, you can browse the selection and buy whatever you want.

In all fairness, while their legality is somewhat questionable, they probably do less harm than any drinking establishment across the street from them.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

at least its better then the crapp like oxycontin http://www.drugs.com/oxycontin.html ------ methadone http://www.drugs.com/search.php?searcht ... e&a=1----- dilaudid http://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=Dilaudid&a=1 or whatever the doctors give out like candy these days
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bean1336

Post by bean1336 »

Yea, I went into the place on the weekend. They don't do Skype doctors were very legit - very nice organic stuff... Going to see my doctor this week. It's nice when you're new to town and don't have to buy from city park :)

I thought their business cards were neat with the filters :)
Took a picture of their logo in the front room
Attachments
IMAG4357 (Mobile).jpg
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Brilliant. We need one of these next door to the pharmacy in KGH. I think I know which one would get more business....
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson

Return to “Health”