Wait list In Kelowna

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jonrox

Re: Wait List In Kelowna

Post by Jonrox »

Nope I don't think that. I'm just trying to minimize my health risks by staying fit and healthy.

My mom needed both hips done due to factors completely beyond her control... an unfortunate symptom of treatments of a genetic disorder she has. She was fortunate in that her surgeries were done on separate occasions only a couple of weeks after it was determined she needed them. Luckily she didn't have to go through the trauma of breaking either one.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Hips needs to be replaced because of a drug taken for a different condition. It's a nasty drug called prednizone and has many side effects one of which happens to be that it deteriorates your bone density.
Another question, were also told there would be a pre surgery call to go in and speak with a nurse, etc. Once you get that call does it means your getting close ???
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Wait list In Kelowna

Post by Silverstarqueen »

There is another factor which I believe, influencing the number of hip fractures. For years doctors have been telling everyone to stay out of the sun. Years before that, they had figured out that people needed sunshine for bone strength and general health. Although told to stay out of the sun, few doctors told people to supplement with large doses of Vitamin D to make up for it. In recent years, now the advice has come out, from at least a few doctors, too little, too late, to take some minimal dose of D.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Take huge doses of D to compensate for what the pred. does.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Got the pre surgery appointment so maybe soon........
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Good luck, at least you are moving up the list. Cancells can happen at the 11th hour,so be prepared for that. But it means you are getting close. I knew someone who needed surgery (not a hip job) and was rescheduled for two months. Nerve wracking when you get yourself psyched up for surgery on the Mondays, and get cancelled on the Fridays.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bubalouie wrote:Got the pre surgery appointment so maybe soon........

I hope so. The list is so freaking long eh? All the best.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Pre surgery stuff means nothing which sucks............and the wait continues
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bubalouie wrote:Hips needs to be replaced because of a drug taken for a different condition. It's a nasty drug called prednizone and has many side effects one of which happens to be that it deteriorates your bone density.
Another question, were also told there would be a pre surgery call to go in and speak with a nurse, etc. Once you get that call does it means your getting close ???

yes ,very close
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Nope not according to them in the meeting, being in for pre surgery stuff means nothing so they said.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

really ???? not for me it was not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Yup really, let's hope they were wrong.....

Return to “Health”