New office building

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

New office building

Post by I Think »

Wonderfull that the interior health authority is getting a lovely new office.
Too bad they don't have the money to reduce wait lists in the towns they are supposed to govern.
We're lost but we're making good time.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: New office building

Post by JayByrd »

IHA purchased the land at below market value. They will lease, not own, the building once it's finished. The new site will consolidate ten other IHA locations.

I'm by no means saying Interior Health is a well-run organization, but if they funnelled all the money being spent on this into reducing wait times, you might be disappointed with the results.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

IMO there is no need for the expense of the various health authorities, they all should be in one office in the lower mainland.
Ontario runs its health authority out of one central office and two satellite office for a much bigger population and a much greater area.
The BC health authorities are nothing but patronage appointments.
caffeine
Übergod

Post by caffeine »

The new office will contain all of the community clinical staff and programs. They will move from the various sites they currently occupy around the city. Services will be delivered from that site. Would be a little difficult to do that from the lower mainland.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Ontario seems to have better health care with a far smaller managerial overhead.
There are some things that need to be managed locally, doctors and health professionals know what they are doing, they are trained, no reason they cannot be managed from a central office. The only need for local management is for such things requiring face to face contact.
All patient health care is handled by front line staff, the leeches at the health authority do everything by phone, fax, or email.

Return to “Health”