Diesel fumes breathed from vehicles make me sick!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
nepal
Übergod

Diesel fumes breathed from vehicles make me sick!

Post by nepal »

Volkswagen has just admitted to bypassing the device that reduces nitrogen oxide emitted from their vehicles. No wonder following a diesel Volkswagen is sickening. Why don't authorities go after North American auto manufacturers who also make vehicles that beltch out nitrogen oxide. Following North American diesel trucks also makes me sick, to the point where I'll pull to the side of the road and let other vehicles get between mine and the diesel fume belcher. Oh, I used to own a diesel vehicle, but got rid of it in respect for other people. Also, Canadian fuel may be dirty, compared to European fuel (diesel and gas).
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by nepal on Oct 2nd, 2015, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Diesel Fumes breathed from vehicles make me sick!

Post by Bsuds »

With all the big trucks out there, including 18 wheelers, you must spend most of your time at the side of the road.

Unfortunately until they can come up with an alternative engine that can pull a heavy trailer you are not going to see them go away any time soon.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Diesels that are properly tuned and properly driven emit less noxious gasses than gasoline cars.
Big trucks emit black smoke when the driver makes the engine pull hard at too low revs per min. It is caused by not letting the diesel spool up, Which allows the turbine to pump enough air to cause complete combustion.
Some clowns especially ones with diesels think it is cool to make clouds of black smoke, they call it "rolling coal" and is their childish response to the "sierra club types".
We're lost but we're making good time.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ That rolling coal is my biggest peeve of diesel vehicles I have, both pickups & tour buses (especially Greyhound).

Transit buses are similar to 18 wheelers exhaust up & away from window height.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

If we go to electric for cars, and biodiesel for trucks there would be much less pollution coming from vehicles.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Umm, don't think they are emitting nitrous oxide (N20), aka laughing gas. They are however emitting nitrogen oxides (NOx).
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Diesel fumes breathed from vehicles make me sick!

Post by I Think »

Nepal, we know that diesels emit pollutants, what that site does not do (at least on the first page) is tell us what kind of amounts are caused by diesels, and it does not compare diesels with bio diesel, gasoline, propane or electric so is kind of bureaucratic, looks like it tells us stuff but does nothing really.

Propane is one of the worst because the particulates are the smallest of any ICE, and therefore penetrate deeper into the lungs. Diesels are one of the best (tho' smelly) because the particulates are larger. The particulate count is not that different from fuel to fuel.

Return to “Health”