STOP--2015/16 Flu Vaccine

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: STOP--2015/16 Flu Vaccine

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Jonrox wrote:I'm wondering why so many parents don't love their kids enough to get them vaccinated. And why they don't encourage their own parents to all get the shot as well. The arrogance of people to think they know more than thousands of scientists and doctors worldwide is staggering.

If you are referring to the flu vaccine, the respirologist who did a full work up on my son, said the flue vaccine doesn't work all that well, so he was not recommending it. You are presuming a lot that parents don't love their kids enough to get them vaccinated. I am in favor of many vaccines, just not convinced on the flu vacc. There are also some people who are actually recommended not to get some vaccines. So maybe the arrogant people are those who think all scientists and doctors agree as to who should get which vaccines.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Never once did I say all doctors agree. However, the vast, vast majority agree that the flu shot is a good thing. And then there are some questionable doctors out there...
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Fancy wrote:I'd like my parents around for a few more years and if the flu shot helps in any way, I don't see why they wouldn't get one.

My parents are both in their 90's and they never get the flu shot.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Just think, if they had the flu shots, they might be 100 by now.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:My parents are both in their 90's and they never get the flu shot.
My parents have both had the flu and were very very ill. They should get the flu shot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Jonrox wrote:Never once did I say all doctors agree. However, the vast, vast majority agree that the flu shot is a good thing. And then there are some questionable doctors out there...

So if my son's respirologist says no point in getting the flu vacc, it doesn't work as advertised, and I follow his recommendation, all you are saying is I don't really love my child enough. I have also known parents where their child's doctor(medical, not chiropractor) told them not to get some vaccines, do you think they don't love their child enough? Or are you questioning the credentials of these doctors?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct thats what there saying,do not listen to the sheeeeeeeeeeeep
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Correct - listen to your doctor.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Health”