Bacon is as bad as smoking and asbestos... ya right!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Bacon is as bad as smoking and asbestos... ya right!

Post by oneh2obabe »

UltraViolet wrote:I think they just came up with this to hide the fact that Bacon has gone up 100% in price over the last year and a half.
Also, they now sell 375g packs for more than 500 gram packs were.

The smaller packaging is a result of it being bad for you, they want you to buy the smaller 375 gram packages so you don't eat so much because it causes cancer(NOT). Just another marketing scam to keep the price the same, but give you less. Then they raised the price of the smaller packages to more than the 500 gram packs were.
I will say this much, Bacon doesn't taste as good as it used to.

Food manufacturers have been down-sizing packages for years. Why? Consumers don't want higher prices so one way of keeping prices fairly stable is by reducing the contents.

Costco has a package which contains 4 individual packs (500g each) for $19.99 and it tastes like bacon.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:Costco has a package which contains 4 individual packs (500g each) for $19.99 and it tastes like bacon.

Their low sodium Bacon isn't too bad either
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

"Till you have raised your own, you will seldom get a chance to taste decent bacon.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

oneh2obabe wrote:Costco has a package which contains 4 individual packs (500g each) for $19.99 and it tastes like bacon.

Yeppers...We bought the 4 pack 3 weeks ago for $16.99, because they jacked up the price of pre-cooked bacon to $19.99
Went back in last week, and they jacked the 4 pack to $19.99.
And they weren't on sale, they just jacked the regular price up.
Pretty soon bacon will be $20 for 16 slices.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The bacon has been $19.99 for a while - bought a package on October 31st, and it wasn't the precooked variety.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Eating lettuce is worse for the environment than eating meat.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2402028/eatin ... paign=2014
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Eating lettuce is worse for the environment than eating meat.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2402028/eatin ... paign=2014

So I guess a BLT sandwich is out of the question.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Best to just cook up some nice lentil and barley soup.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Best to just cook up some nice lentil and barley soup.

When I die (We all do) it will be with a bacon and tomato sandwich in my stomach or a double bacon cheeseburger. There will not be a lentil or a barley in sight. Well maybe in a beer.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bacon (bad for you)
Lettuce (bad for the environment)
Tomato (GMO)

When can we win? Who is raising pigs any day soon? I grow my own lettuce but apparently someone created a bill making heirloom seeds illegal or illegal to trade and sell. If I buy Non-GMO tomatoes, they only produce from July to October and we managed to keep home grown tomatoes until Mid November.

We also noted the jacking up of pre-made real bacon bits at Costco as I got sick of frying real bacon years ago.

I fell like a peasant who had to poach deer in the King's Forest. The price isn't medieval, but coinage doesn't go as far.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Don't forget about the bread. White bleached flour that comes from radiation-induced mutated grain. That's in addition to the salt and pecker that comes from who knows where. Oh, and the mayonnaise is made from GMO vegetable oil. Very bad stuff.

Remember that study last year that said that 40% of cancer was bad luck and genetics? Well, a new study today says that up to 90% of cancers are preventable (if we stopped eating lettuce in favour of just eating bacon, we'd get rid of 50% of cancer)... http://news.yahoo.com/environment-not-b ... 06305.html
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I think it is possible we could reduce cancer by eating lots of bacon. Since the heart disease would probably cause more people to die early from heart disease and obesity, therefore they won't live long enough to get cancer. Other benefits would be less cost to the old age security programs since people wouldn't live so long, therefore collect less. Same problem with getting more people to quit tobacco or overuse of alcohol. They will just live longer, and cost our system for more years to support into old age.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I found a StatsCan graph showing how more people died in 2012 than ever. Cancer rates went up 1%, heart disease and stroke are still number two and three after cancer of course.

I am still alarmed by how many comparatively young people are diagnosed with cancer and are living quiet desperate lives where they are not seen (expect by some).

I am also alarmed by how I'm in the middle age range of women who die, period. Seems 45 - 60 is the "it" age.

Bacon? If I could stand the mess it makes and no, I hate cooking it in a microwave, I'd eat it more often.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Queenie, ifn we should ever stay home for the winter, and are young enough, will raise a couple of pigs, & you can try some real stuff that does not taste like the inside of a feed bag.
We used to put a couple of wiener piggies into the fenced garden for the winter, they dig it up, eat all the weeds and fertilize the soil, and make the garden much easier to plant comes spring, when co-incidentally you get a freezer full o pork chops.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I got a bacon heist story for ya.

My cousin has a farm in Grand Forks and one year they raised piglets and "finished them with apples." For those not in the know, that means the piglets got apples to eat for a week before being, well, baconized.

His wife got all chatty kathy with the slaughterhouse owners, "yep, we finished them with apples."

When they got their bacon, they immediately said, "something's got pigs feet here, this isn't what we expected." Guess what, to this day they swear their finished-with-apples piglets were heisted by the slaughterhouse. A piggie switch was made for sure.

Not sure if they ever went back.

Return to “Health”