Ideal Protein Diet

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Ideal Protein Diet

Postby V-Rated » Dec 12th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Has anyone had any experience with the Ideal Protien diet?
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
User avatar
V-Rated
Guru
 
Posts: 5195
Likes: 455 posts
Liked in: 654 posts
Joined: Jun 24th, 2010, 4:55 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 7:40 am

Too vague of a question. What are you trying to do, lose weight, gain muscle, or both?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby V-Rated » Dec 13th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and their experience with it.... did they lose weight, gain muscle, etc.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
User avatar
V-Rated
Guru
 
Posts: 5195
Likes: 455 posts
Liked in: 654 posts
Joined: Jun 24th, 2010, 4:55 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Most people that are on high protein diets are doing some sort of muscle training. So they'll lose weight in the beginning, but gain it because muscle weighs more than fat. Ideally a person wants to consume 1.5grams of protein per pound of body weight by consuming 4-6 meals in a day.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 13th, 2015, 6:11 pm

V-Rated wrote:Just wondering if anyone has tried it and their experience with it.... did they lose weight, gain muscle, etc.
~V~


I don't think there's such thing as "ideal" diet. I recently started sort of a diet - I basically cut out bad carbs, and put more focus on protein and timing of carbs intake. You want to have less carbs in the morning and more carbs in the afternoon. So far lost about 25 lbs. It's hard to say whether or not I gained musles - muscles are more pronounced now but I'm not sure if it's because I'm less pudgy now or because they've grown.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24998
Likes: 30 posts
Liked in: 3123 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 6:35 pm

You dont want carbs in the afternoon. If anything you want carbs in the morning to give you energy through out the day, but you'll get the mid day crash because of low glucose levels (SUGAR)

Ive basically cut out all carbs, sugar, and have gone High Fat/High Protein. The fat is for an energy source, and protein is for muscle building. Its amazing how much energy and mental clarity I have all day. I've also lost 20-30 lbs without running a mile of cardio.

Again it all depends on what you want to achieve. Google or youtube HFLC diet(high fat low carb) or the Ketogenic diet. There's a ton of great information on there with lots of people showing their transformations over 3,6,12 months


Ive been eating like this for 3 years and its what works for me. When I eat carbs its green and leafy, I dont eat fruit anymore because its loaded with fructose.

Those protein drinks energy bars are all loaded with sugar. Read the nutritional labels on the products you consume and you'll be amazed at how much of it has sugar in it.
Last edited by Gixxer on Dec 13th, 2015, 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

the truth likes this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby WeatherWoman » Dec 13th, 2015, 6:37 pm

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/idea ... ss-method/

Something I wouldn't do. If it's hard to stick too and you lose weight quickly, you'll just gain it all back plus some.

I have lost 80 lbs and didn't do a special diet. I exercise daily, eat protein at every meals and snack and watched my calorie intake.

Love Vega Smoothie mix... 15g of protein for only 80 calories. I'll add a 1/2 of banana and 1/2 cup of fruit plus Matcha and water for snack under 180 calories.

Simply Protein have great protein bars, high in fibre and low in sugars and about 150 calories.

No Fat greek yogurt is high in protein and about 80 calories for a serving.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
User avatar
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast
 
Posts: 34681
Likes: 2771 posts
Liked in: 2533 posts
Joined: Jul 30th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 6:47 pm

WeatherWoman wrote:http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/ideal-protein-weight-loss-method/

Something I wouldn't do. If it's hard to stick too and you lose weight quickly, you'll just gain it all back plus some.



I disagree Ive been eating like this for 3 years, and have no desire going back my old eating habits.


What are your macros in a day?

On average how many calories a day do you consume?

You should treat fruit as a treat like you would a doughnut or chocolate bar.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby oneh2obabe » Dec 13th, 2015, 7:29 pm

Gixxer wrote:So they'll lose weight in the beginning, but gain it because muscle weighs more than fat.

One pound of mashed potatoes weighs the same as one pound of raw potatoes. No matter how you slice, scallop or roast it, a pound is a pound.

<snip> While fat and lean muscle weighs the same pound for pound, their composition varies immensely. Muscle has a leaner appearance due to its high density, whereas free-floating, Jello-like, fatty tissue needs more space to jiggle around, due to its low volume. Hence, someone with a high body-fat percentage will look overweight in comparison to an individual with a high lean tissue percentage. <snip>

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/spor ... n-fat.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 55691
Likes: 728 posts
Liked in: 5915 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby WeatherWoman » Dec 13th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Gixxer wrote:On average how many calories a day do you consume?

You should treat fruit as a treat like you would a doughnut or chocolate bar.


I eat the cheese cake if I want it ...I am noting going to feel like I have deprived myself...I eat a plan that I can stick to for life. I want to live and enjoy life and enjoy food.

Right now I eat 2200-2600 calories a day but I also burn 2600-2900 calories a day. I want to be strong and live a balanced life.

Right now I am not even counting calories as I am giving me a break and eating the goodies etc and still am losing weight.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
User avatar
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast
 
Posts: 34681
Likes: 2771 posts
Liked in: 2533 posts
Joined: Jul 30th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:One pound of mashed potatoes weighs the same as one pound of raw potatoes. No matter how you slice, scallop or roast it, a pound is a pound.

<snip> While fat and lean muscle weighs the same pound for pound, their composition varies immensely. Muscle has a leaner appearance due to its high density, whereas free-floating, Jello-like, fatty tissue needs more space to jiggle around, due to its low volume. Hence, someone with a high body-fat percentage will look overweight in comparison to an individual with a high lean tissue percentage. <snip>

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/spor ... n-fat.html


I never said a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound fat. Its that stupid trick question people ask on a game shows what weighs more a pound of lead or a pound feathers.

Funny how you misinterpret what I posted, than suggest I'm the wrong.

Lets go by volume what weighs more a cubic foot of muscle or fat, or do they weigh the same?
Last edited by Gixxer on Dec 19th, 2015, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Gixxer » Dec 13th, 2015, 7:58 pm

WeatherWoman wrote:
I eat the cheese cake if I want it ...I am noting going to feel like I have deprived myself...I eat a plan that I can stick to for life. I want to live and enjoy life and enjoy food.

Right now I eat 2200-2600 calories a day but I also burn 2600-2900 calories a day. I want to be strong and live a balanced life.

Right now I am not even counting calories as I am giving me a break and eating the goodies etc and still am losing weight.


Hey I eat cheesecake too but I make mine like this.

http://the-lowcarb-diet.com/keto-cheesecake/

Interesting your consuming 2200-2600 calories a day but your not counting calories??? How does that work?

How are you burning your calories?

eating the goodies and still losing weight? Unless your an ectomorph genetic freak with a high metabolism, crack/methhead, or bulimic you better be careful or you'll gain a bunch of weight back.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4423
Likes: 891 posts
Liked in: 1488 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 13th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Gixxer wrote:You dont want carbs in the afternoon. If anything you want carbs in the morning to give you energy through out the day, but you'll get the mid day crash because of low glucose levels (SUGAR)


Been working great for me. I'm bouncing with energy and no crashes.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24998
Likes: 30 posts
Liked in: 3123 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby WeatherWoman » Dec 14th, 2015, 8:36 am

Gixxer wrote:Interesting your consuming 2200-2600 calories a day but your not counting calories??? How does that work?


I was counting calories and am careful is what I eat. It's a questimate.

Gixxer wrote:How are you burning your calories?


I ride the stationary bike hard daily burning about 400 calories, cover 6kms plus every day, work out 3-5 times a week burning 325-375 calories a workout plus one of my jobs is super active and I do that 1-2 times a week.
Gixxer wrote:eating the goodies and still losing weight? Unless your an ectomorph genetic freak with a high metabolism, crack/methhead, or bulimic you better be careful or you'll gain a bunch of weight back.


There more evidence to say that strict diets don't work in the long run. If I burn more calories and I consume I will lose. Simple math.

And no I don't do drugs and am not bulimic.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
User avatar
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast
 
Posts: 34681
Likes: 2771 posts
Liked in: 2533 posts
Joined: Jul 30th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: Ideal Protien Diet

Postby Silverstarqueen » Dec 14th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Some people could eat only greens and still gain muscle and fat (and still exercise) e.g gorillas and horses do it.
I tried a diet once that was 600 cals a day, and I was not losing weight.
I have also at times been running 6 miles a day, working full time, and skiing on the weekends and couldn't eat enough calories to maintain my weight.
It really is, calories in, calories out. And there is a huge latitude in between as to what is the make up of those calories.
So it's just which ever diet and exercise routine you can manage.
A pound is not a pound when it comes to food. 100g of cooked rice=129 calories. 100g of olive oil=900 calories.
Yes you will be hungry sooner if you eat the rice instead of the olive oil which is one reason a high fat diet seems to satisfy.

Gixxer likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru
 
Posts: 7696
Likes: 747 posts
Liked in: 1973 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Next

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests