Dental fees.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Dental fees.

Post by Bubalouie »

Aren't your employees lucky.....LOL.
Dealing with the public every day for your job, teeth pretty much are necessary.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Bubalouie wrote:Aren't your employees lucky.....LOL.
Dealing with the public every day for your job, teeth pretty much are necessary.

As yes, my employees don't have much direct contact with the public. Not to the point where a customer is going to notice or care if they have teeth anyhow.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bubalouie wrote:Aren't your employees lucky.....LOL.

Indeed. A toothbrush and toothpaste are not expensive. If you use those, and floss occasionally, there is little reason for your teeth to deteriorate in the way you are describing.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

I am not sure if this is an option, but this clinic: https://kelowna.cioc.ca/record/KNA1047

does free dental care. You do need to fill out a form explaining why you can't pay for all of it. But they seem nice. They are near the capri.

I hope you can find the help you need, at a cost that you can afford. Teeth are important.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

A toothbrush and paste and floss I have and do daily. And yes they are deteriorating as I have described, why would I make such a thing up?
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Lots of things can come into play with bad teeth.
genetics, illness, stress, medications and lack of preventative treatments at a dentist over the years.

Rarely is it just... someone didn't brush. And even then, I have a couple of relatives who rarely brushed and have fine teeth.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
ogopogodude
Fledgling

Post by ogopogodude »

A person should go to the dentist at LEAST once per year for a check up at the very, very, VERY, VERY , very minimum. When a person books for an appointment, it is best NOT to book for a cleaning at the same time as the check up.

Information gathering is PARAMOUNT. X-rays are necessary for a full diagnosis. Photographs (e.g. close up pics of certain suspect teeth, etc) are also great for records/documentation.

It is saddening that the average person spends 10X more on their pet's health than their own.

Hmmmm, .. Priorities, .. tsk, tsk

(Also, ... regarding dental fees, ... one would actually be quite surprised at where a person's money goes, as the average person thinks that his $100 visit goes completely and directly into the dentist's pocket. Only about $10 of that $100 actually makes it in to see the accompanying lint)
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Wow, $369.00 per tooth extraction.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

I Think wrote:Hop on plane, off to Mexico, have good quality work done, spend a week in the sun, for less than it would cost in Canada or the US.

an addded bonus in mexico is free hepatitis

Return to “Health”