Head Cold or Allergies??

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
pepsilover
Übergod

Head Cold or Allergies??

Post by pepsilover »

I keep getting this sinus head cold over the last month. It seems to go away and come back, then go away and come back again. I keep wondering if it is allergies, but I don't get allergies. The other thing is there is no sneezing or itchy eyes, just PLUGGED up in sinuses and the head(ache). And feeling generally lethargic.

Is there some kind of head cold going around the Okanagan, or do you think it's allergies? I realize I could ask my doctor but he would just give me another drug to try.

Wondering if any others are experiencing a spring head cold that keeps coming back or getting allergies this year when they usually do not?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Head Cold or Allergies??

Post by Frisk »

I'd say it's probably allergies. You can develop them anytime in your life.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Yup. Everyone reacts to pollen in one way or another and we have just been inundated with it. Blocks the sinuses among other annoying symptoms but not all people react the same way or experience all the symptoms.

Good news is, we're almost done.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

10+ people at my work have colds. Stuffed up, cough and low energy.
hail Satan y'all
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Frisk wrote:I'd say it's probably allergies. You can develop them anytime in your life.

Maybe. But if they were allergies (at this time of year) would they go away for a week and then come back the next week? That's what I was kind of going on.

Decades ago I had allergies to pollen, dog and cat dander and so I went through allergy shots to counteract these allergies - (over a period of about three years). Since that time I have never had allergies to any of those things again, including seasonal allergies. Some people are saying this is a bad year for allergies (and that maybe it is pesticide spraying too??), but I also have heard that there is a nasty head cold/flu going around (flu seems to be year round these days UGH).
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

whatwhat wrote:10+ people at my work have colds. Stuffed up, cough and low energy.

Thank you. I am leaning towards it being a nasty cold, almost like a flu.

I was at the dental office yesterday and the dentist had been home sick the previous day. It might be going around my dentist's office as well. UGH!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

whatwhat wrote:10+ people at my work have colds. Stuffed up, cough and low energy.

Yah but that's just because they're at work.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Maybe. But if they were allergies (at this time of year) would they go away for a week and then come back the next week? That's what I was kind of going on.

Yup. Gets real old, real fast too.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm waffling between cold and allergies. I'll be taking antihistamines to find out.

My daughter though, has a flu. Poor hon is not even able to keep water down right now. Good thing I had my flu shot . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm waffling between cold and allergies. I'll be taking antihistamines to find out.

My daughter though, has a flu. Poor hon is not even able to keep water down right now. Good thing I had my flu shot . . .

Stomach flu and influenza are two different viruses. However you can have upset stomachs with the respitory issues of the flu.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

pepsilover, have you been checked for a sinus infection? that's possible too. :p
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

ferri wrote:pepsilover, have you been checked for a sinus infection? that's possible too. :p

No, but I have had them in the past so maybe I should.

Return to “Health”