Colonoscopies

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Colonoscopies

Post by GordonH »

^^^ When I had procedure done, I was contacted by hospital to make sure I had someone to pick me up and stay with me. This person had to come to were I was before hospital would let me leave.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ When I had procedure done, I was contacted by hospital to make sure I had someone to pick me up and stay with me. This person had to come to were I was before hospital would let me leave.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the confirmation.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

yes, you are pretty high when you leave..I can remember leaving, but barely...

I think if you speak with them that you need to take a taxi, you might be able to wait a bit, eat a muffin (or 4..lol) and have some juice..then leave in a cab..

gotta say I was so scared to get it done, but it really wasn't bad at all..
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

It was the best nap I've ever had. I remember feeling cranky because someone was tugging on my toe to wake me up and I wasn't ready.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

lol Treeguy...I kind of thought I would be put right to sleep, but nope, just really high and sleepy...

the only thing I felt was when they go around the corners and it was just a lot of pressure..but it's pretty quick..

it's kind of funny how many "toots" you'll hear in recovery...lol
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't want to scare anyone as my case was a bit different. I had a blockage and they did a Sigmoidoscopy.
When the (asshat) Dr got to it he decided to push on it and burst my bowel and went septic. Damned near killed me and I was in ICU for over 3 weeks in a coma. Several operations during that time trying to keep me alive.

Luckily it worked and I am still here but do have lingering issues from it all. Side effects from the antibiotics include hearing loss and Kidney damage,

My GP and I have agreed that other than a Prostate check every once in awhile there will be nothing else go up there! lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

wow Bsuds, I'm glad you're ok...why would the doc do something that stupid ???

that is the worse case scenario !!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote:wow Bsuds, I'm glad you're ok...why would the doc do something that stupid ???

that is the worse case scenario !!!

Then he comes to my wife in the waiting room and the first thing he said to here was "I didn't do anything wrong"

My son damn near hit him and told him to get lost and never speak to them again.

I'm not the only one who has had that happen either. You would think they would learn!
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

You know what? After that, I don't think I want to proceed.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

w84u2 wrote:You know what? After that, I don't think I want to proceed.

Yes, sometimes procedures go badly. On the other hand if colonoscopy finds something early & can be treated, its worth finding out.

going for a simple walk has its risks as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

w84u2 wrote:You know what? After that, I don't think I want to proceed.

GordonH wrote:Yes, sometimes procedures go badly. On the other hand if colonoscopy finds something early & can be treated, its worth finding out.

going for a simple walk has its risks as well.

That's why, I stopped going for walks, I only drive when absolutely necessary, I have put a DNR on my medical record, I refuse any/all lifesaving intervention, if I will not be guaranteed a full recovery without therapy. I have donated my body to medical science and research after any viable organs have been harvested.
Death is easy, living is difficult. I have suffered enough pain for too long.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ you do what you need/want to do.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ you do what you need/want to do.

Thanks for your support of my pre-made decisions in a event such as what I am now facing. Hell, I came on here looking for "a-way around" the need for a ride home after a colonoscopy and have gained a great deal of validation for my feelings. I am still undecided as to whether or not I will proceed with the camera up the poop-chute. I will give it a couple of days to think it over.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Don't forget as I said my case was not your normal every day go-pro event. I all ready had an existing problem and apparently an ER Dr who was an idiot!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

W105 wrote:yes, you are pretty high when you leave..I can remember leaving, but barely...

I think if you speak with them that you need to take a taxi, you might be able to wait a bit, eat a muffin (or 4..lol) and have some juice..then leave in a cab..

gotta say I was so scared to get it done, but it really wasn't bad at all..

Congratulatioins! So glad you went ahead.

Sorry but a young man of 52 died of colon cancer a few weeks ago and going to his memorial was humbling indeed to see so many people trying to be brave for his family.

52! He went in too late. So help me God, so sad.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Health”