Why Cholesterol pills from your doctor = HUGE scam

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Why Cholesterol pills from your doctor = HUGE scam

Post by Fancy »

GordonH wrote:Here's a plan, if you don't currently own a shot glass then go out and get one. Then few times a day fill it with apple cider vinegar & just shoot it back.
Yes, its about as pleasant as gargling with original listerine. In studies it shows a lowering of the bad cholesterol.
There is a thread in this section about it.

I read that - 13% showed improvement with the apple cider vinegar. Better than nothing and worth a shot (ha ha).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Here's a plan, if you don't currently own a shot glass then go out and get one. Then few times a day fill it with apple cider vinegar & just shoot it back.
Yes, its about as pleasant as gargling with original listerine. In studies it shows a lowering of the bad cholesterol.
There is a thread in this section about it.

Fancy wrote:I read that - 13% showed improvement with the apple cider vinegar. Better than nothing and worth a shot (ha ha).

Of course by adding good food instead fast/junk food also lowers bad cholesterol, physical exercise increases good cholesterol. Add all together with time & a person cholesterol levels.... bad will decrease & good will increase.

But like anything it takes commitment.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Cholesterol does not cause heart disease in the elderly and trying to reduce it with drugs like statins is a waste of time, an international group of experts has claimed.

^ That's the understatement of the century. Here's what over a thousand people are saying.

Memory issues, brain fog, muscle, joint pain in left leg, hip, knee, down to ankle. Poor sleep, constant waking, needed to urinate at least 3 times nightly. Discontinued after reading my symptoms were caused by Crestor. Most symptoms disappeared! Still have some memory issues. Will never take a stating again! Will take my chances with high cholesterol and try to control by diet, lifestyle changes.

Can't walk up steps without getting winded. Legs are very weak. Hip joints and knees ache. Fatigued all the time.

Muscle pain and extreme weakness,loss of memory,shortness of breath ,croaky voice.I still have a skin lesion on my chest that won't heal. I also had jaw pain and severe knee pain.I took this poison for 21 months before the side effects hit me.

tightness in legs, hands, feet, can not walk up steps without getting winded can't walk more than 10 steps w/o taking a break destroyed my life I use my computer for only 5 minutes because my hands cramp up

Nausea, vertigo, imbalance, disturbed sleep, muscle aches.
Mostly leg soft tissue injuries and cramps to feet. The worst though has been the strange stomach and organ spasms and pain. Improved immediately I stopped the 40mg does the Dr put me on. On a 10mg dose for 18 months before symptoms returned and even worse. Have just taken myself off and immediately much improved. Not more organ spasms but still dull pain throughout upper stomach area. Seeing the Dr. tomorrow to request tests to see what this poison has done to me.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.a ... me=CRESTOR

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

From the same article:
“There is nothing in the current paper to support the author’s suggestions that the studies they reviewed cast doubt on the idea that LDL Cholesterol is a major cause of heart disease or that guidelines on LDL reduction in the elderly need re-valuating,” a spokesman said.

Yes there can be side effects and each individual can reevaluate these with their doctor for a better course of treatment if need be.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The study in question is a systematic review of cohort studies that have looked at this and, in 19 studies on a total of 68,094 people, found no evidence that LDL cholesterol levels predicted mortality. But a closer look at their methodology reveals the study is weak in terms of being able to provide evidence of (a lack of) a causal link, and there’s currently much stronger evidence that does support of a link between LDL cholesterol and mortality.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/sif ... ad-for-you
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank, where the heck have you been? Haven't noticed you on Castanet for about 9 months. Must have been the side effects of those pills?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Bsuds wrote:A recent article on the benefits of popular medications taken for Type 2 Diabetes it was noted that there were absolutely NO studies on any benefits. They have not even studied whether or not lowering Blood Sugars has any benefits. They just assume it has benefits. There have been few or no studies on whether Statins have decreased Heart attacks/Strokes in Diabetics.

If true that is pretty sad and being a Type 2 diabetic it bothers me! I have made an appt with my Dr to discuss this with him because I have some of the side effects listed for these drugs and I am not pleased.

I would be interested on a link to this study you mentioned.
As far as whether lowering blood sugar has any benefits, yes, it does.
diabetics who do not manage to lower their blood glucose have many bad health outcomes related to that, vision deterioration, heart problems, neuropathy, foot sores, amputations, to name just a few.
Many of these bad effects can be reduced if the person at risk for diabetes can use diet and exercise optimally to reduce weight (if they are overweight), and lower blood sugars particularly if they begin doing this in the early stages of "prediabetes".
Estimates now are that about 20% or so of the population is prediabetic and could stave off some of the damage, or reduce their need for medication later in life, if they controlled their blood sugar with a very low carb diet, and exercise, before they get to full blown diabetes.
Diabetics can reduce the need for medication also by following a very low carb /high fat diet.
Cholesterol (the bad kind) is also reduced by this diet, good cholesterol is increases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7mjm9LyW-c

And I found a link to studies referred to , thanks anyway. Very interesting. I guess the diet and exercise approach is going to have to do the job for me.

Return to “Health”