What we really need is an Alzheimer's vaccine.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jonrox

Re: What we really need is an Alzheimer's vaccine.

Post by Jonrox »

Scurvy isn't cured by vitamin C... it's caused by a lack of vitamin C. That's like saying food is a natural remedy for starvation or that water cures dehydration. Get a clue. Nice try.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vitamin c cures scurvy ,is that better
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:vitamin c cures scurvy ,is that better

No. That's wrong. Scurvy is caused by a lack of vitamin C. Taking what your body needs to survive at a basic level isn't a cure. It's like saying breathing air cures suffocation.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jonrox wrote:
the truth wrote:vitamin c cures scurvy ,is that better

No. That's wrong. Scurvy is caused by a lack of vitamin C. Taking what your body needs to survive at a basic level isn't a cure. It's like saying breathing air cures suffocation.

but if you get scurvy vit c is the simple cure-how about that no vaccine needed wow
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote: but if you get scurvy vit c is the simple cure-how about that no vaccine needed wow

You get scurvy by not eating vitamin C. So just eating the substance that caused the sickness in the first place isn't a cure. It's giving your body back that basic element to survive. You're just not understanding.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

If people can't grasp the concept that water isn't a 'cure' for dehydration, it should be of no surprise they can't wrap their head around the benefits of pneumonia vaccines...

I agree with Jonrox.. those trying to discredit the life-saving value of vaccines like that for pneumonia should be ashamed of themselves.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Vaccine Benefits 101. Or kindergarten, for those way off in left field.

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Jonrox wrote:You people promoting the deaths of millions is a terrible thing and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. It's about the most cold-hearted thing I can think of.

It shouldn't be all or none. There are vaccinations I think are good but other's unnecessary. Personally, I don't care if everyone in the world takes every vaccine because it's their choice, but I should be allowed the same choice.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:why are you always so against natural remedies

You are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I've not said anything about being against natural remedies (though I would suggest eating an appropriate diet may contain the foods you have suggested) but there needs to be consideration given to science and facts that confirm the benefits of vaccines that prevent deaths.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

zzontar wrote:It shouldn't be all or none. There are vaccinations I think are good but other's unnecessary. Personally, I don't care if everyone in the world takes every vaccine because it's their choice, but I should be allowed the same choice.

I bolded and underlined the important part.

The problem with many anti-vaxers is that they seem to form an opinion then look for evidence to support their stance. Try coming at the issue with an open mind. Take in the facts, consider the sources, then recognize your ignorance before making a decision, knowing that you may make the wrong one.

Look no further than diseases like Polio which are mostly gone today purely because of vaccines.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

youjustcomplain wrote:
I bolded and underlined the important part.

The problem with many anti-vaxers is that they seem to form an opinion then look for evidence to support their stance. Try coming at the issue with an open mind. Take in the facts, consider the sources, then recognize your ignorance before making a decision, knowing that you may make the wrong one.

Look no further than diseases like Polio which are mostly gone today purely because of vaccines.

I don't think all vaccines are all good, and there are facts to back it up. Please explain how this is being ignorant and how thinking all vaccines are all good is being more open-minded.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well, so far, the vaccines that are available starting in childhood have proved extremely beneficial as opposed to the grisly outcome that could happen.
Cholera
Diphtheria
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Herpes Zoster (shingles)
Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Influenza (the flu)
Invasive Haemophilus Influenzae Disease
Invasive Meningococcal Disease
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease
Japanese Encephalitis
Measles
Mumps
Pertussis (whooping cough)
Poliomyelitis (polio)
Rabies
Rotavirus
Rubella (German Measles)External Link
Smallpox
Tetanus
Tick-Borne EncephalitisExternal Link
Tuberculosis (BCG Vaccine)
Typhoid
Varicella (chickenpox)
Yellow Fever
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

But... but... Fancy, think of the few people who were negatively affected by those vaccines. Maybe we should have let hundreds of millions of people die so those few dozen people wouldn't have been affected.

That's the evil mentality of an anti-vaxxer. Anyone who advocates for the deaths of millions of children is just pure evil.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sorry but, it's far from a few,
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The number of people helped by the pneumonia vaccine is enormous - deaths by pneumonia are staggering. Over 60% of people diagnosed with Alzheimer's will die before they reach 80 so it would make sense to develop a vaccine to prevent those deaths - just like any other vaccine.

Return to “Health”