Flu vaccinations

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
zzontar
Guru

Re: Flu vaccinations

Post by zzontar »

w84u2 wrote:removed.

Strange you would remove your own post, is there something you wrote you didn't agree with?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

w84u2 wrote:Well, I guess then that we will be easily able to identify those that haven't had the shot, and to avoid them.

How would you identify them?
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

zzontar wrote:
w84u2 wrote:Well, I guess then that we will be easily able to identify those that haven't had the shot, and to avoid them.

How would you identify them?

By the strong pungent odor of garlic that surrounds them.......duh.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

w84u2 wrote:By the strong pungent odor of garlic that surrounds them.......duh.

The best way to take garlic leaves you not smelling like garlic at all. This is what happens when you do research as opposed to sitting there like Big Moose from the Archie comics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lady tehMa wrote:I eat well. I buy local when I can. I exercise. I garden in the summer. I have a naturopath. And I still get the flu shot. It is recommended, and it works. Even if I was convinced I wouldn't get it, why would I put my folks in danger?
My folks eat well, exercise and the year they didn't get the flu shot, they got the flu. They can't take chances at their age and on their doctor's recommendation, they do get the flu shot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

zzontar wrote:
w84u2 wrote:By the strong pungent odor of garlic that surrounds them.......duh.

The best way to take garlic leaves you not smelling like garlic at all. This is what happens when you do research as opposed to sitting there like Big Moose from the Archie comics.

Are you suggesting the pill form of garlic?

Good luck with your: Vaccinophobia. There is medical help for this affliction. Don't be shy, 20% of the population also have it.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Be careful of using garlic - can interfere with blood thinning medications.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

w84u2 wrote:Good luck with your: Vaccinophobia. There is medical help for this affliction. Don't be shy, 20% of the population also have it.

So you're saying that if someone takes care of their health, has their own natural remedies, and hasn't been sick in decades, they actually have a sickness? Do you also suggest someone who never gets headaches should also take Tylenol daily or you might call them names?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

zzontar wrote: *snip* it's unreal how some will damn you for staying healthy when it's not staying healthy their way.

I agree.

People who are "natural health" proponents often react with horror when I tell them I get the flu shot.

I believe in using the best from both worlds.

I can certainly understand that those in high-risk professions are pressured to get them (like nurse), after all they are in contact with many of the most vulnerable. I feel that if they can't take precautions for others then they should have the option of removing themselves from the situation - taking a break, maybe. When it comes down to a choice between their income and the risk to someone else's health, I'm afraid I must weigh in on the side of the vulnerable. If they can't afford it, then perhaps they should look into another career, where their own methods of caring for themselves won't put others at risk.
I haven't failed until I quit.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:So you're saying that if someone takes care of their health, has their own natural remedies, and hasn't been sick in decades, they actually have a sickness? Do you also suggest someone who never gets headaches should also take Tylenol daily or you might call them names?

Does you doctor hold you down and force you to get the flu shot or something??

Just because your doctor might recommend it, like if you have young/old, sick people in your life but you feel you don't need the flu shot because you never get the flu doesn't mean you have to do it.
hail Satan y'all
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

whatwhat wrote:
Does you doctor hold you down and force you to get the flu shot or something??

Just because your doctor might recommend it, like if you have young/old, sick people in your life but you feel you don't need the flu shot because you never get the flu doesn't mean you have to do it.

You must have missed the posts about certain occupations requiring it whether you like it or not.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:You must have missed the posts about certain occupations requiring it whether you like it or not.

Obviously not, since I am one of those people "required". I say "required" because there are still options for people who may not want to get the flu shot. As I stated earlier, if I decided to not get the flu shot, I can wear gloves and a mask at work until the end of March.

Even though a medical occupation may put policies in place to protect patients (ex. flu shot, wearing gloves/mask) just because you work in that field no one is holding you down and giving you the flu shot. You can/could have always choose a different career, taking time off, or choosing the mask/glove option etc. I knew far in advance that I would need to get a flu shot for my field of work, long before I started my education for it. If I knew I was going to be against policies that the field I wanted to work in, I shouldn't have got that job.
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Health”