Flu vaccinations

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
zzontar
Guru

Re: Flu vaccinations

Post by zzontar »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 9th, 2016, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
They say you can't believe everything they say.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:I think doctors should be allowed to offer alternatives. Oncologists come to mind, even if they read about successful alternative treatments they're only allowed to prescribe big pharma's meds. I don't think it's right to demand someone gets a shot that's not proven to always be successful and comes with possible side-effects when it might not be necessary at all.

Well if someone has a negative opinion/view about big pharma, and our medical system maybe they should go seek out a doctor that lines up with their personal beliefs. There are lot's of naturopathic doctors out there that could "prescribe" alternatives.

No one is forcing someone to go to a doctor if they don't feel they are getting the best medical advice from them.
hail Satan y'all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

whatwhat wrote:No one is forcing someone to go to a doctor if they don't feel they are getting the best medical advice from them.
True - but I would hope they would seek more than one opinion before deciding the flu shot isn't for them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

whatwhat wrote:
Well if someone has a negative opinion/view about big pharma, and our medical system maybe they should go seek out a doctor that lines up with their personal beliefs. There are lot's of naturopathic doctors out there that could "prescribe" alternatives.

No one is forcing someone to go to a doctor if they don't feel they are getting the best medical advice from them.

The problem is the doctors are forced to recommend only what big pharma wants them to.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:The problem is the doctors are forced to recommend only what big pharma wants them to.

Then don't go see them. If you don't trust "big pharma" or you think your GP's opinion is forced then find someone else.

If you can't trust your medical professional then it is time to move on.
hail Satan y'all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I actually took the recommendation of my doctor to get the flu shot because of the close proximity I had with young people.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

whatwhat wrote:Then don't go see them. If you don't trust "big pharma" or you think your GP's opinion is forced then find someone else.

If you can't trust your medical professional then it is time to move on.

It's not that I "think" GP's are only allowed to prescribe certain things, I "know." It's pretty well common knowledge. You can go to some corrupt South American country and say if you don't trust the cops, go to someone else, but just like doctors, you should be able to trust them as that's the way it's supposed to be.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 9th, 2016, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:It's not that I "think" GP's are only allowed to prescribe certain things, I "know." It's pretty well common knowledge. You can go to some corrupt South American country and say if you don't trust the cops, go to someone else, but just like doctors, you should be able to trust them as that's the way it's supposed to be.

Well I'd say I'd love for you to provide a source for this "common knowledge" but you already firmly stated no links are to be posted.

So since no one is allowed to provided educated information to back up their claim, this thread is only going to be filled with speculation and nonsense. So it seems pointless at this point.
hail Satan y'all
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 9th, 2016, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

whatwhat wrote:Well I'd say I'd love for you to provide a source for this "common knowledge" but you already firmly stated no links are to be posted.

So since no one is allowed to provided educated information to back up their claim, this thread is only going to be filled with speculation and nonsense. So it seems pointless at this point.

You can still see a zillion links on the locked vaccine thread as there was a refusal to have a discussion so it turned into a linkfest. Normally I'd encourage some links but unfortunately some people abuse that to the max and forget how to discuss without having a link.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

whatwhat wrote:Well I'd say I'd love for you to provide a source for this "common knowledge" but you already firmly stated no links are to be posted.

If only one person thinks it's common knowledge, is it?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

zzontar wrote:You can still see a zillion links on the locked vaccine thread as there was a refusal to have a discussion so it turned into a linkfest. Normally I'd encourage some links but unfortunately some people abuse that to the max and forget how to discuss without having a link.

I think most people want to get their information from a credible source, which kind of needs to be linked. As much as I would love to blindly believe what people have to say on the internet, I am more educated than that. It is important to be able to provide information to back up your claims, and also provide credible, factual sources. You can easily provide your opinion without a source, because opinions don't need those. But when someone tries to pass off their opinion as a fact, that is when a source is needed. It is so easy to spread false information if you aren't looking to back up the information you are reading.

You can easily have a discussion, but when providing information you need to back it up with facts. So it may seem like a "linkfest", but with a topic that is kind of beyond a majority of people's knowledge, backing up claims is necessary.

So unwilling to provide any sources for your statement that all doctors are forced to push certain things by big pharma doesn't make it a fact, it makes it your opinion. Which is fine, but you clearly want a discussion. And since we aren't able to discuss other posters and only the topic at hand it makes it a moot point. I can't really discuss your opinion, and without a willingness to provide a source the conversation falls to an end.
hail Satan y'all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I highly doubt there's many variations in side effects of the couple of vaccines given. I would be asking my doctor which one would benefit me the most.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

whatwhat wrote:
I think most people want to get their information from a credible source, which kind of needs to be linked.

Or you can look at it a different way... garlic is proven to be effective for a number of ailments as well as keeping your immune system boosted so you don't have to visit the doctor as much. Have you ever heard of a doctor prescribing garlic over meds? Didn't think so.

Return to “Health”