Broken Foot - Robo Boot

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Olivia
Fledgling

Broken Foot - Robo Boot

Post by Olivia »

Anyone with any experience?
This past Wed. night, my ankle turned, fell and broke 2 bones and piece of bone has chipped off in my foot.
I've got the boot and a scooter. Total crash and burn when trying to use crutches.
New to this and looking for any helpful advice. TIA
~ An act of kindness will put a smile in your heart, and your kisser!~
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Broken Foot - Robo Boot

Post by Queen K »

Awww that's awful. Can happen to anyone.

My advice is just don't try to do too much. Keep off it. Ya, that's going to be tough to do though.

Do you have people to help you?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
FSnme43

Post by FSnme43 »

Olivia wrote:Anyone with any experience?
This past Wed. night, my ankle turned, fell and broke 2 bones and piece of bone has chipped off in my foot.
I've got the boot and a scooter. Total crash and burn when trying to use crutches.
New to this and looking for any helpful advice. TIA

I can understand your situation. My brother had also experienced the same and his doctor told him to wear a splint for 3 months. It will be hard to adjust to the difficulties and pain. I suggest you take rest, don't try to lift your foot or don't even try to put any weight on your foot. You can use shoes or boots which are prescribed by your doctor. Apart from the regular medications you can also get ice therapy or can simply ice your foot for 20-30 minutes for a fast relief. You might feel difficulties in using crutches for some days, get proper guidance from your doctor. My brother gets massage therapy ( http://dynamicphysiotherapy.ca/services ... e-therapy/ ) for strengthening his ankle after the injury. Getting similar therapies with the help of an expert after the normal treatment method will be beneficial for your ankle. All the best.
Olivia
Fledgling

Post by Olivia »

Thanks so much!
Trying to keep weight off foot, but that's hard to do hobbling around. Got a little knee scooter, so it is helpful, but still seeking a small wheelchair. Can't get to the Red Cross.
~ An act of kindness will put a smile in your heart, and your kisser!~
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Red Cross requires a requisition slip from your Dr. or a Rehab therapist, do you have one?

No one can go for you with the paper? And their hours are so narrow, it's tough to get in when they're open.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Health”