Cold & Flu

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
slootman
Übergod

Re: Cold & Flu

Post by slootman »

Since when does a pneumonia shot protect against the flu? Since your neighbor didn't get pneumonia it seems the vaccine worked. I take it your neighbor didn't get the flu vaccine.

Got 1 vaccine and didn't get sick
Didn't get another vaccine and did get sick
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Your perception may not be correct. It is extremely important for those with compromised immune systems to receive the shots in order to decrease their chances of becoming ill. There's no scam in trying to help those that need it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

It's sad how people who obviously have no understanding of science can discount vaccines so easily. The science behind vaccines is sound. It's actually not debatable whether they work. Human biology just is what it is and vaccines operate within that framework. I generally avoid the use of the word "literally", but in this case... there is literally no way that vaccines don't work.

Flu vaccines don't encompass every strain of flu, but they still work against the included strains. The level of effectiveness can be compromised in people who have weakened immune systems, but that doesn't mean vaccines don't work.

Again, it's ok to be suspicious of big pharma but it's impossible to argue that their vaccines don't save millions of people every year. If you can count, you must understand they work. If you don't think they work, then you're admitting you don't know how to count. It's not rocket science... it's counting.

Just count the number of people who died in the past due to diseases now prevented by vaccines. Now count the number of people who die from these diseases now that they've been vaccinated. The old number will be higher. If you have a pre-schooler understanding of how numbers work, you will then understand that today's number is lower.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Anyone should know the flu shot is a scam because there are many different types of flu.
Not a scam as it is stated what flu viruses are being targeted. The professionals in the field don't agree with you (and there are a lot of professionals).
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:My neighbor got that vaccine which
his trusty doctor told him was "good for life" and this year my neighbor got the flu
really bad.

Probably would have got the flu if he got every other vaccine but the flu shot. Kinda makes one go "hmmmmm". Incidentally, there are studies regarding the pneumonia vaccine and the immune system - try Oxford for starters.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

What does Oxford know? Pfffff.

These guys know guys who got the flu shot and still got sick. Therefore big pharma is scamming the world and nobody should get vaccinations of any type.

I mean, like, MY BUDDY GOT SICK. Do you even understand how serious that is? I wish millions of kids could die so my buddy wouldn't have to stay home and watch daytime TV. You know there's nothing good on besides Ellen right? It's damn torture.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Ellen is a scam. So is your buddy. :D
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Maybe the flu shot is not such a bad idea after all?

Flu keeps on spreading
The Canadian Press - Jan 12, 2017 / 2:52 pm
The number of cases of influenza, as well as hospitalizations and deaths due to the viral respiratory illness, continue to escalate in Canada, and infectious diseases experts say there's no telling how soon the seasonal scourge will reach its peak and begin to taper off.

Figures from the Public Health Agency of Canada's FluWatch report show there were 1,948 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in the final week of December – the latest period for which statistics are available – a jump from 1,229 a week earlier and 692 the week before.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/185 ... -spreading
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.

Return to “Health”