Sugar Added

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Sugar Added

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sugar Added

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/185917/Too-much-added-sugar

Not at all surprised about this.
Me neither. We've been reading the labels for years but it's not always easy with all the aliases for "sugar."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I see that "barley malt" is considered a sugar. :135:

I just figure the fewer pre-packaged goods in a home, the less sugar is in the home.

Here's a look:

"We find that three-quarters of all beverages had added sugar, that products that often people associate with a healthy alternative, things like snack bars — I think it was 99.4 per cent of snack bars contained added sugars. We even found that about half of baby food included added sugar," said David Hammond, professor in the school of public health at the University of Waterloo.

"So it wasn't a case of were the levels high and low in some other categories. It was a case of high and higher."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:I just figure the fewer pre-packaged goods in a home, the less sugar is in the home.

Totally agree and I always check for "no added sugar" and I don't remember buying a whole lot of processed baby food - mostly froze pureed from scratch in ice cube trays. Juices are 100% with nothing added so if there is anything extra in it that's not on the label (i.e. 100% pure orange juice with nothing added ) then that would be deceiving the public. Will anything be done about it now that the public knows not everything is listed on the labels?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Lemmys_76

Post by Lemmys_76 »

Looks like candy seconds get fed to cattle.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... wisconsin/

Doctor said I was pre-diabetic so I quit sugar and grains - not easy, but blood work is good now. However, I'm really not feeling good about eating obese, diabetic beef. Hope it's not something else I have to quit.

But hey, the experts say it's perfectly safe... :cuss:
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Lemmys_76 wrote:Looks like candy seconds get fed to cattle.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... wisconsin/

Doctor said I was pre-diabetic so I quit sugar and grains - not easy, but blood work is good now. However, I'm really not feeling good about eating obese, diabetic beef. Hope it's not something else I have to quit.

But hey, the experts say it's perfectly safe... :cuss:

Just eat the real stuff that's fed on real food. There is no reason to eat that garbage from the feeding lots.
I am... the law!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Ptolemy Soter you are aware vast majority of beef slaughtered in Canada does come from feed lots. Only 1 way to insure the beef your eating meets your personal standards, is to raise it yourself...
you know what you fed the animal, so you know what you should get in the meat.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Ptolemy Soter you are aware vast majority of beef slaughtered in Canada does come from feed lots. Only 1 way to insure the beef your eating meets your personal standards, is to raise it yourself...

Oh, I know, and it's in a very personal way.

There are beef producers that I trust, but they are few in number.
I am... the law!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Ptolemy Soter you are aware vast majority of beef slaughtered in Canada does come from feed lots. Only 1 way to insure the beef your eating meets your personal standards, is to raise it yourself...

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Oh, I know, and it's in a very personal way.

Not everyone has that, so when they hear/read some things happen to some of meat they maybe buying. They will be p/o
As teenagers I worked on feed lot, until I seen some of the practices used to fattening up the cattle.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sugar is not called the white poison for nothing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hIlhfq_u8
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:sugar is not called the white poison for nothing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hIlhfq_u8

BTW there is a second poison out there and it not necessary NaCl, but its part of it Na is very bad.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

GordonH wrote:BTW there is a second poison out there and it not necessary NaCl, but its part of it Na is very bad.

Especially when it is mixed in certain concentrations with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Get that ratio wrong and it can be deadly. Get it right and you can drop it in your eyes and they will feel better.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:BTW there is a second poison out there and it not necessary NaCl, but its part of it Na is very bad.

w84u2 wrote:Especially when it is mixed in certain concentrations with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Get that ratio wrong and it can be deadly. Get it right and you can drop it in your eyes and they will feel better.

Regular high sodium intake, places person on a road to hypertension. Daily intake not to exceed 1,500mg per/day.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

GordonH wrote:

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Oh, I know, and it's in a very personal way.

Not everyone has that, so when they hear/read some things happen to some of meat they maybe buying. They will be p/o
As teenagers I worked on feed lot, until I seen some of the practices used to fattening up the cattle.

Agreed. I didn't mean to be rash, but I guess it's just how I sound lately.

It's unsettling what happens at those places, regardless.
I am... the law!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

GordonH wrote:

w84u2 wrote:Especially when it is mixed in certain concentrations with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Get that ratio wrong and it can be deadly. Get it right and you can drop it in your eyes and they will feel better.

Regular high sodium intake, places person on a road to hypertension. Daily intake not to exceed 1,500mg per/day.

Not to mention that most sodium out there (refined table salt) is devoid of its natural nutrients, and is often brined in bleach and other nasties.
I am... the law!

Return to “Health”