Sugar Added

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Sugar Added

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:himalayan salt for my family only http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu ... -benefits/

Whatever good are in the minerals within this salt, is still outweighed by its sodium content.

plain table salt has 39.1% sodium
Himalayan salt has 36.3% sodium

Some of highest amounts of sodium is found in fast food &/or processed foods (i.e frozen meals & canned/package soups). Best to stick with made from scratch homemade.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We like the pink Hawaiian salt but also discovered the magic of kosher salts with mixed spices, like chili pepper and dried garlic. Great for roasting.

As for sugars, I'm reaching for it far too often these days. Gotta change that bad habit and soon.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I've cut out all sugar and salt out of my diet and lost 50 lbs. Along with carbs like bread and pasta. The food I eat taste excellent and I eat far less now. A steak and a salad is my choice of dinner, or soup and salad for lunch. It ain't cheap because good quality ingredients actually cost more than crappy sugary salty ones.

But here's the thing. Now every time we go out, the restaurant food just tastes awful. So sugary and salty, and I can't eat it. I suspect it's always been this way, but I'm only noticing it now that I've been clean for a while. Sushi is the only salvation for going out.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Have to agree Even Steven. When we go out for food it's by a thread that we find anything worthy to order that we don't make at home better. Quite often we go for the sushi restaurants and once we found someone selling freshly made sushi out of fresh razer clams and salmon out of the back of her car in Haida Gwaii. That was the best sushi ever. Took it to Jungle Beach by the ocean. Wow!

Urbane Fare has a great sushi selection, easy to pick up and eat at their awesome seating area.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Health”