HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
HAT-TRICK

HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Post by HAT-TRICK »

Researchers at the University of British Columbia-Okanagan (UBCO) are looking for men to participate in a 13-week healthy living program called HATTRICK. HATTRICK is a free program for men who want to be more physically active, eat healthier, and get connected with their favourite hockey team, The Kelowna Rockets. To participate in this program individuals must be:

• Men living in Kelowna (or surrounding areas)
• Be 35 years or older
• Accumulate less the 150 minutes of physical activity per week
• Have a pant size greater than 38”
• Have BMI > 25 kg/m2

This project is in collaboration with the Kelowna Rockets and funded by the Canadian Cancer Society. It will take place at Prospera Place every Thursday 6:30 – 8:00 pm starting March 2nd 2017 and will continue until May 25th 2017. You do not need to know how to skate or play hockey to participate; no athletic ability required! To sign up please contact Paul Sharp at [email protected] or 250-807-9907. You can also visit our website for further information at http://www.hattrick.ok.ubc.ca
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Post by Gixxer »

its simple a ketogenic, or high fat low carb diet. Cut out processed carbs and sugar. Youll be amazed at how fast the belly fat will melt off, and how your energy levels will go up all day.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Gixxer wrote:its simple a ketogenic, or high fat low carb diet. Cut out processed carbs and sugar. Youll be amazed at how fast the belly fat will melt off, and how your energy levels will go up all day.

works great for a month or two. then the carb cravings hit, you go buy a box of timbits and your out of ketosis just like that.

why not eat balanced and eat real food - and get off your *bleep* and outside every day, waterfront walks, knox hikes, jogs, bike rides whatever ,lots to do here.

I hope this program focuses more on this than a ketogenic diet.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

gman313 wrote:
works great for a month or two. then the carb cravings hit, you go buy a box of timbits and your out of ketosis just like that.

why not eat balanced and eat real food - and get off your *bleep* and outside every day, waterfront walks, knox hikes, jogs, bike rides whatever ,lots to do here.

I hope this program focuses more on this than a ketogenic diet.

Carb cravings shouldnt hit after a month or two if following a Keto diet properly. There should be no urge to buy a box of timbits. Even if a person had a cheat day, they could easily get back into a state of ketosis in a few days.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Gixxer wrote:
Carb cravings shouldnt hit after a month or two if following a Keto diet properly. There should be no urge to buy a box of timbits. Even if a person had a cheat day, they could easily get back into a state of ketosis in a few days.

I won't argue that it will work you will go down in weight. I would suggest a balanced diet is more sustainable in long term then a ketogenic diet. I'm sure research would agree but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Return to “Health”