46341
43200

HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Postby HAT-TRICK » Feb 3rd, 2017, 3:01 pm

Researchers at the University of British Columbia-Okanagan (UBCO) are looking for men to participate in a 13-week healthy living program called HATTRICK. HATTRICK is a free program for men who want to be more physically active, eat healthier, and get connected with their favourite hockey team, The Kelowna Rockets. To participate in this program individuals must be:

• Men living in Kelowna (or surrounding areas)
• Be 35 years or older
• Accumulate less the 150 minutes of physical activity per week
• Have a pant size greater than 38”
• Have BMI > 25 kg/m2

This project is in collaboration with the Kelowna Rockets and funded by the Canadian Cancer Society. It will take place at Prospera Place every Thursday 6:30 – 8:00 pm starting March 2nd 2017 and will continue until May 25th 2017. You do not need to know how to skate or play hockey to participate; no athletic ability required! To sign up please contact Paul Sharp at [email protected] or 250-807-9907. You can also visit our website for further information at http://www.hattrick.ok.ubc.ca
HAT-TRICK
 
Posts: 1
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Feb 3rd, 2017, 2:47 pm

Re: HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Postby Gixxer » Feb 12th, 2017, 6:39 am

its simple a ketogenic, or high fat low carb diet. Cut out processed carbs and sugar. Youll be amazed at how fast the belly fat will melt off, and how your energy levels will go up all day.

Static likes this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4120
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1294 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Postby gman313 » Feb 14th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Gixxer wrote:its simple a ketogenic, or high fat low carb diet. Cut out processed carbs and sugar. Youll be amazed at how fast the belly fat will melt off, and how your energy levels will go up all day.


works great for a month or two. then the carb cravings hit, you go buy a box of timbits and your out of ketosis just like that.


why not eat balanced and eat real food - and get off your arse and outside every day, waterfront walks, knox hikes, jogs, bike rides whatever ,lots to do here.

I hope this program focuses more on this than a ketogenic diet.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2132
Likes: 784 posts
Liked in: 811 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Re: HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Postby Gixxer » Feb 16th, 2017, 8:19 am

gman313 wrote:
works great for a month or two. then the carb cravings hit, you go buy a box of timbits and your out of ketosis just like that.


why not eat balanced and eat real food - and get off your arse and outside every day, waterfront walks, knox hikes, jogs, bike rides whatever ,lots to do here.

I hope this program focuses more on this than a ketogenic diet.


Carb cravings shouldnt hit after a month or two if following a Keto diet properly. There should be no urge to buy a box of timbits. Even if a person had a cheat day, they could easily get back into a state of ketosis in a few days.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4120
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1294 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: HAT TRICK: A Healthy living program for men

Postby gman313 » Feb 16th, 2017, 10:31 am

Gixxer wrote:
Carb cravings shouldnt hit after a month or two if following a Keto diet properly. There should be no urge to buy a box of timbits. Even if a person had a cheat day, they could easily get back into a state of ketosis in a few days.


I won't argue that it will work you will go down in weight. I would suggest a balanced diet is more sustainable in long term then a ketogenic diet. I'm sure research would agree but I'm too lazy to look it up.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2132
Likes: 784 posts
Liked in: 811 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm


Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest