Good cop Bad cop in the Dentistry world

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
sillykitty

Good cop Bad cop in the Dentistry world

Post by sillykitty »

Im interested in going to the dentist and am debating whether I should go someplace else or just stick to the last place I went to. Now that I got a job that has a decent dental plan, I would like to go and get done the usual. Check up, cleaning etc.

My experience last time I when was less than stellar. Mind you, I'’ve only been to the one place in Kelowna and to be fair, the dentist and front end staff where courteous and professional. But the cleaning with the dental hygienist. Wow!

Are all dental hygienists B****s. (rhymes with fish) Last time I was at the dentist for a cleaning, the hygienist spent the whole time chastising me for not getting my teeth cleaned every 3 to 6 months. I told her that at the time I couldn’t afford to be dropping piles of money at their office every 3 months. This didn’t phase the woman, she just continued to insult me and treating me with disrespect. Obviously not being able to afford to come to the dentist when they want you to is no excuse.

Obviously the Dentist is the good cop, The Hero. So is the dental hygienist the villain? the bad cop?
Im wondering if I’ll get the same treatment at all dental places in Kelowna or was this just an isolated case of dental prejudice?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Good cop Bad cop in the Dentistry world

Post by Bsuds »

I would say if you were not happy with the Hygenist then ask for a different one or go elsewhere.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

The dentist who I go to has a hygienist like that one. She kept asking me why I didn't do this or do that (which I attempted to do the suggestions she had asked me to try, but could not). I complained to the dentist, the front end staff as well. She was rough and honestly not a happy camper AND I love going to the dentist for a cleaning. They made a note on the chart, and I don't see her anymore.

You have the right to say who you don't want as a hygienist, especially in a larger office when there are more gals (or guys), so speak up... in the end you are still paying for your dental cleaning, (even if you have a plan). Most people are uncomfortable going, so I think a hygienist should be helping you by making you feel comfortable while you are going through something that a lot of times is not.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Sounds drama queen'ish.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I just can't figure out what a Bish is?!?! Your description makes me realize what I Bish is, but I still have never heard of it.

But, regardless of that, the other advice is correct. If you like the dentist, just ask for a different hygienist. I always insist on the same one and all is good. I've been to others and they aren't as good, in my opinion, so that works for me.
You and 71 others Like this post
sillykitty

Post by sillykitty »

LANDM wrote:I just can't figure out what a Bish is?!?! Your description makes me realize what I Bish is, but I still have never heard of it.

I could have used another word, but I didn’t want to disrespect witches by comparing them to hygenists

Return to “Health”