Chemotherapy is tough

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jflem1983
Guru

Chemotherapy is tough

Post by Jflem1983 »

My mother recently began chemo. She is having a rough go of it . Anyone have any advice . The cancer is multiple myloma
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Chemotherapy is tough

Post by Queen K »

I'm sorry your mom is going through this. Seems to be more and more common every day.

And Yes, you're right, it is tough.

A person can look normal on the outside and be completely sick and nauseated on the inside. Appetite is affected the worst because all food becomes almost completely undesirable. It's tough to make food recommendations to someone on chemo because the initial reaction will be "no, ick, ugh or barf." Hard to find a good calorie intake when someone may have special food allergies or needs.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Everything tastes metallic - try different spices for food. Different types of salts are available even if it may be placebo-type it's worth a try.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Is it chemo that people have found great success with cannabis? That may be an option.
You and 71 others Like this post
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My sister went through it - I don't think she found anything that helped. :(
I haven't failed until I quit.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I had a family member go through it. The cannabis oil helped, specifically phoenix tears. Reduced her nausea, helped the pain but some days were better than others, and brought a bit of appetite in. Definitely helped with a good nights sleep.

best of luck to you

Return to “Health”