46203

Vaccinations

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Re: Vaccinations

Postby Jonrox » May 28th, 2017, 10:34 am

the truth wrote:easy thing to say unless its your kid dying

It's easy to say any time. Millions of kids living is worth 1 dying. It doesn't mean the death isn't sad, but it's a trade off worth taking. Under no circumstance is millions of dead babies a better outcome than one.

2 people like this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3078
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 1545 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby What_the » May 29th, 2017, 10:11 pm

the truth wrote:easy thing to say unless its your kid dying


I seem to recall pointing this out in another thread.

"Tell it to the parents" .... as you said. And here again c
And here you are pulling the same Shiite.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
User avatar
What_the
Übergod
 
Posts: 1413
Likes: 312 posts
Liked in: 621 posts
Joined: Feb 18th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby Thinktank » May 30th, 2017, 5:00 am

one thing no manufacturer of vaccines will ever tell you

their studies NEVER take the long term into account. Like fifty years later.

and.... they don't care how two or more vaccines work "together.' If some kid gets ten vaccines
before the age of two, they can't study the harmful effects of one vaccines ingredients reacting
with another vaccines harmful ingredients. It's impossible because there are hundreds of different vaccines
from different manufacturers. So once in a while - a vaccinated kid becomes brain dead. Or has to take ritalin.

Image

Image
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Thinktank
Guru
 
Posts: 5837
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 455 posts
Joined: Nov 5th, 2010, 5:21 am

Re: Vaccinations

Postby the truth » May 30th, 2017, 6:20 am

thinktank, its pretty clear many on here have no interest in the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

BelieveNothing likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12483
Likes: 7339 posts
Liked in: 4310 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Vaccinations

Postby neilsimon » May 30th, 2017, 7:19 am

the truth wrote:thinktank, its pretty clear many on here have no interest in the truth

I think that everyone here is interested in the truth, just some of us use different methods to find it. I am a science and numbers driven guy. Give me a peer-reviewed article from a quality publication and I will take it as evidence. Show me the overwhelming numbers proving that vaccines are more dangerous than the alternative and I will change my mind. But if you claim to know others' motivations, just because they refuse to agree with you, you are essentially engaging in ad hominem attack on people who are arguing in good faith.

If you find the truth in memes and self-published articles by fringe scientists, and anti-vax sites, that is up to you. I consider such to be unproven and poor choices of information, but I certainly won't claim that you are not interested in the truth when you do so.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 852
Likes: 434 posts
Liked in: 766 posts
Joined: Aug 13th, 2015, 6:35 am

Re: Vaccinations

Postby the truth » May 30th, 2017, 7:27 am

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12483
Likes: 7339 posts
Liked in: 4310 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Vaccinations

Postby neilsimon » May 30th, 2017, 7:54 am


Not a single one of these proves that vaccinations are worse than the alternative, which is widespread lifelong illnesses and death from the likes of polio, flu, etc..
Nobody is claiming that all vaccines are always safe for everyone, but the fact is that statistics show they save lives and reduce long term illness. Sorry to say, but it is simple mathematics. Let's be clear, I would discourage unnecessary vaccinations for eradicated diseases, or vaccinations proven to have higher mortality rates than the illness they prevent, but nobody is suggesting you take such vaccinations.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 852
Likes: 434 posts
Liked in: 766 posts
Joined: Aug 13th, 2015, 6:35 am

Re: Vaccinations

Postby Jonrox » May 30th, 2017, 12:26 pm


Do you even read what you post? From your last link...

How many petitions have been awarded compensation?
According to the CDC, from 2006 to 2015 over 2.8 billion doses of covered vaccines were distributed in
the U.S. For petitions filed in this time period, 4,460 petitions were adjudicated by the Court, and of
those 2,911 were compensated. This means for every 1 million doses of vaccine that were distributed, 1
individual was compensated.

1 person out of 1 million!!! the truth would rather have millions of people die rather than 1 person be compensated. That's just sick and twisted.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3078
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 1545 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby necclest » Jun 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Sometimes I wonder if we are going back in time as a species? For those of you that are skeptical of vaccinations, can i ask a simple question?

Do you choose to question or avoid vaccinations because you do not understand how it works, or is it genuinely because you feel it is some sort of abuse toward your child?

In the 1800's and early 1900's when mumps, measles, and small pox were regularly killing babies at infancy, those parents would have prayed to have their child cured by a simple injection. Much like antibiotics nowadays prevents a simple infection from killing you, vaccines save lives constantly. To question this medical science, you are questioning history.

Yes, I am sure there are sad incidents that involve children dying after being vaccinated. However, Is there scientific proof (beyond the actual injection itself) that the child only died because of the vaccine?

Also, for those of you that post statistics that are trying prove that vaccines somehow cause autism, you are insulting. You are basically arguing that any parent should take the risk of a deadly disease over a child that MIGHT grow up and fall within the autism spectrum (considering most kids get vaccinated, aren't you playing with basic statistics?). Also, where are the statistics on children that are non-vaccinated that are on the autism-spectrum? I have worked with many children that fall within that bracket that did not get vaccinated. Please, come up with a better argument than "it causes autism".

For those to shy to read about herd immunity, it is basic science. Some diseases are so powerful that is requires the majority (or more) of the population to be vaccinated. Once more and more people choose to not vaccinate their children, their is a likelihood of these diseases being re-introduced into the public and we are just going to watch history repeat itself.
necclest
 
Posts: 2
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 6th, 2012, 8:51 am

Re: Vaccinations

Postby BelieveNothing » Jun 7th, 2017, 1:16 pm

necclest wrote:Sometimes I wonder if we are going back in time as a species? For those of you that are skeptical of vaccinations, can i ask a simple question?

Do you choose to question or avoid vaccinations because you do not understand how it works, or is it genuinely because you feel it is some sort of abuse toward your child?

In the 1800's and early 1900's when mumps, measles, and small pox were regularly killing babies at infancy, those parents would have prayed to have their child cured by a simple injection. Much like antibiotics nowadays prevents a simple infection from killing you, vaccines save lives constantly. To question this medical science, you are questioning history.

Yes, I am sure there are sad incidents that involve children dying after being vaccinated. However, Is there scientific proof (beyond the actual injection itself) that the child only died because of the vaccine?

Also, for those of you that post statistics that are trying prove that vaccines somehow cause autism, you are insulting. You are basically arguing that any parent should take the risk of a deadly disease over a child that MIGHT grow up and fall within the autism spectrum (considering most kids get vaccinated, aren't you playing with basic statistics?). Also, where are the statistics on children that are non-vaccinated that are on the autism-spectrum? I have worked with many children that fall within that bracket that did not get vaccinated. Please, come up with a better argument than "it causes autism".

For those to shy to read about herd immunity, it is basic science. Some diseases are so powerful that is requires the majority (or more) of the population to be vaccinated. Once more and more people choose to not vaccinate their children, their is a likelihood of these diseases being re-introduced into the public and we are just going to watch history repeat itself.


If you think that vaccinations have saved lives and do save lives & I think that vaccinations have taken lives and continue to take lives - Who is right?

For as much reading and researching as I have done, with the information provided - taking into account that most media is owned by a handful of human beings or cooporations with a particular agenda - I have read many incidents where vaccines have either changed the quality of life for the individual and their families for the worse - or ended the individuals life- or incidents where the vaccines have changed the quality of life for the individual and their families for the better, or saved their life. When we live in a world that is run by private interests, it is TRUELY a challenge to find the Truth in any of what is reported.

I think that it is the right of all human beings to decide for themselves if they want to inject any foreign element into the body, blood and brain they were born with. TO dictate to human beings what they WILL consume, whether they agree or not - is simply wrong.

I also think guilting people is manipulative and leads to very poor relations - I also think fear mongering leads to a dangerous and divided community - divide and rule.

You think I am negligent for my choices, I think you are negligent for your choices.

Our world is beautiful, something CREATED IT & US. I do not think that whatever created it and us got it wrong. I see an impressive creator, a generous and abundant creator, a beautiful and magificant creator - not one who created disease - on the other hand - I do not view those private interests that have been running the world, the health care systems, the wars, the economy, the weather and environment etc. to be the same - to be trustworthy or to have the best interest of humanity as their mandate - due to this fact, I find it pretty much impossible to trust ANYTHING they implement in the name of "SAVING LIVES"

How would they profit if disease disappeared? they wouldn't, thus they would eventually cease to exist if they cure anything at all. Look at cancer - it is my thoughts that these private interests actually create most of the massively impacting human suffering. they have been around for generations, they are highly intelligent and they count on us being gullable and trusting (as all children are) Tell me too, what does the government give away for free? not much - they spray our sky for free, they fluoridate our water for free, they give vaccines for free. They do not give nutritious food for free or homes for free.

The above is what history has taught me.

So, again I ask you - If you think that vaccinations have saved lives and do save lives & I think that vaccinations have taken lives and continue to take lives - Who is right?

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
BelieveNothing
Übergod
 
Posts: 1126
Likes: 515 posts
Liked in: 153 posts
Joined: Jul 18th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby Jonrox » Jun 7th, 2017, 2:09 pm

BelieveNothing wrote: If you think that vaccinations have saved lives and do save lives & I think that vaccinations have taken lives and continue to take lives - Who is right?

That's an easy one... necclest is right.

necclest likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3078
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 1545 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby slootman » Jun 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Some poeple are just scared of needles and hop on the anti vax crazy train to justify it.

Maybe I'm wrong and kids these days really wish they could enjoy the freedoms of past generations. The freedom to get polio and live the rest of their lives in a chamber so they can breathe. Freedom to spread polio to your friends and family, of which 35% would likely die.

Damn those big corporations not letting poeple suffer from smallpox. If someone wants to get violently ill and share it around they should have that right. And what's so bad about babies getting a bit of whooping cough?

OR people should have the right to not be exposed to deadly, contagious, PREVENTABLE diseases. But..y'know, needles are scary so my right to not get a shot trumps rights of people not wanting to die.

Ugh...common sense just isn't that common. Anti vaxxers should all be forced to live on an island instead of having their craziness jeopardize lives of millions of babies and children.
Last edited by slootman on Jun 7th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slootman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1735
Likes: 919 posts
Liked in: 1347 posts
Joined: Jul 11th, 2007, 11:37 am

Re: Vaccinations

Postby BelieveNothing » Jun 7th, 2017, 4:08 pm

User avatar
BelieveNothing
Übergod
 
Posts: 1126
Likes: 515 posts
Liked in: 153 posts
Joined: Jul 18th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby BelieveNothing » Jun 7th, 2017, 4:51 pm


the truth likes this post.
User avatar
BelieveNothing
Übergod
 
Posts: 1126
Likes: 515 posts
Liked in: 153 posts
Joined: Jul 18th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Vaccinations

Postby Fancy » Jun 7th, 2017, 6:53 pm

^^belongs in the conspiracy forum

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43029
Likes: 933 posts
Liked in: 4833 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests