This new gene therapy could help 'turn-off' asthma!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

The study showed that the single treatment may give life-long protection from asthma as well as those who have severe allergies to peanuts, bee venom, shell fish and other substances by de-sensitising the immune system to tolerate the protein.

Sydney: A new gene therapy has been developed by a team of researchers that could help to 'turn-off' the immune response which causes allergic reaction such as asthma, or potentially lethal food allergies.

Ray Steptoe, Associate Professor at the University of Queensland in Australia said,"When someone has an allergy or asthma flare-up, the symptoms they experience results from immune cells reacting to protein in the allergen."

The study showed that the single treatment may give life-long protection from asthma as well as those who have severe allergies to peanuts, bee venom, shell fish and other substances by de-sensitising the immune system to tolerate the protein.

Steptoe said,"The challenge in asthma and allergies is that these immune cells, known as T-cells, develop a form of immune 'memory' and become very resistant to treatments."

He added,"We have now been able 'wipe' the memory of these T-cells in animals with gene therapy, de-sensitising the immune system so that it tolerates the protein."

For the study, the team took blood stem cells, and inserted a gene which regulated the allergen protein and put that into the recipients.

Steptoe noted,"Those engineered cells produced new blood cells that express the protein and target specific immune cells, 'turning off' the allergic response."

He said, the eventual goal would be a single injected gene therapy, that is simpler and safer which could be used across a wide cross-section of affected individuals.

The finding is detailed in the journal JCI Insight.

http://zeenews.india.com/health/this-new-gene-therapy-could-help-turn-off-asthma-2012324

So, in other words - lets shut down the warning system that the human body was originally created with

This is just wrong

On top of this foolishness is the fact that asthma has increased 99% in the last 20 years. While I was growing up approximately 1 in 100 people had asthma - and now it is closer to 1 in 5 people who have asthma - why?

Has anyone ever thought to do research to find out what is causing this severe increase in asthma and respiratory illness?

Of course they have - but its not in the best interest of big pharma and the overall control grid to give you the actual truth

So, the 'supposed' solution is to play God and suppress genes and/or create designer genes.

We truly live in a backward world - anti life - blows my f'ing mind!

If the body reacts to something with a critical response you need to heed its warning, not shut it down.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: This new gene therapy could help 'turn-off' asthma!

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Certainly interesting but I would say it has a long way to go before we use a therapy that meddles with the immune system.
Also there a types of asthma which have nothing to do with allergy (my son having one of them) so it sounds like this treatment unfortunately would not help him.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: This new gene therapy could help 'turn-off' asthma!

Post by BelieveNothing »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Certainly interesting but I would say it has a long way to go before we use a therapy that meddles with the immune system.
Also there a types of asthma which have nothing to do with allergy (my son having one of them) so it sounds like this treatment unfortunately would not help him.

I am sorry to hear about the challenges you, your son and family face, silverstarqueen

Asthma is a terrible illness and I am deeply empathetic to anyone who suffers from it

I have to acknowledge that Chemotherapy is a immune destroying therapy - a killer

From my perspective therapies that meddle with the immune system, as you say, unfortunately have been in use for many decades and have taken too many lives - both young & old alike

My prayers are with you, your son & family Silverstarqueen

Trusting doctors, I have learned - is not in my best interest

Trusting God, is in my best interest.

Return to “Health”