Okanagan Stomach Issues

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Okanagan Stomach Issues

Post by tsayta »

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. One of my children has been experiencing stomach pains. Seems to hit about an hour after eating. Happens every day. I have a few pharmacist friends who say they've been filling an increased number of antibiotic prescriptions to combat some sort of intestinal parasite that may have arisen from water quality issues due to the spring flooding. I have another friend who was experiencing similar issues. This friend spent a few day in hospital having all sorts of tests.. Came up with nothing. I relayed the parasite story and he had his doctor prescribe antibiotics. Seems this may be the issue. Just wanted to throw this out there, if you are having this issue ask your doctor to test for it. Anyone out there hearing about this?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Okanagan Stomach Issues

Post by gardengirl »

I have to say I am a bit skeptical. I don't know why a doctor would prescribe antibiotics for a "supposed" parasite. I would think you would need to have a stool sample tested before prescribing anything.

I do know that there is a lot of chlorine in our civic water lately.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: Okanagan Stomach Issues

Post by WeatherWoman »

tsayta wrote:Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. One of my children has been experiencing stomach pains. Seems to hit about an hour after eating. Happens every day. I have a few pharmacist friends who say they've been filling an increased number of antibiotic prescriptions to combat some sort of intestinal parasite that may have arisen from water quality issues due to the spring flooding. I have another friend who was experiencing similar issues. This friend spent a few day in hospital having all sorts of tests.. Came up with nothing. I relayed the parasite story and he had his doctor prescribe antibiotics. Seems this may be the issue. Just wanted to throw this out there, if you are having this issue ask your doctor to test for it. Anyone out there hearing about this?

My brother had this from drinking water in the Enterprise area when he worked in Kelowna. This was 15+ years ago.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan

Return to “Health”