Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Oral sex can lead to cancer

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 1st, 2017, 5:57 pm

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2665 posts

Re: Oral sex can lead to cancer

Postby Veovis » Nov 1st, 2017, 10:32 pm

Everything causes cancer these days apparently, best to not enjoy anything in life and live in fear.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3807 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Nov 1st, 2017, 10:35 pm

maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/11/01/oral-sex-cancer_a_23263169/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

Who woulda thunk this ?

Ummm .... Michael Douglas? :132:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5130 posts

Postby Poindexter » Nov 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am

Just the fact that something that causes 70% of throat cancers is news to anyone in this day and age is proof that there's room for improvement on how the money donated and spent on cancer prevention is prioritized.
Last edited by Poindexter on Nov 2nd, 2017, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

maryjane48 likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3767 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Nov 2nd, 2017, 7:49 am

The article says men that perform oral sex on multiple partners are at risk. I was surprised when a single buddy of mine told me he performs Colonel Angus on women he has just met.

But I guess Aerosmith said it best, “Ain’t seen nothin till your down on the muffin Then you're sure to be a-changin' your ways”

here is a funny SNL skit about Colonel Angus,
https://vimeo.com/72516124

4 people like this post.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2163 posts

Postby bjsilent » Nov 27th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Guess i better stop then
bjsilent

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 27th, 2017, 3:37 pm

bjsilent wrote:Guess i better stop then

If you've only been with one woman, and that woman has been with no other man, oral sex does not lead to cancer. It's promiscuity plus oral sex that leads to cancer.

The older I get the more I realize that science believes in monogamy.

Urbane likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 8938 posts

Postby Verum » Nov 27th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Kinda Lingers
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 742 posts

Postby Verum » Nov 27th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Glacier wrote:
bjsilent wrote:Guess i better stop then

If you've only been with one woman, and that woman has been with no other man, oral sex does not lead to cancer. It's promiscuity plus oral sex that leads to cancer.

The older I get the more I realize that science believes in monogamy.

... or sensible health practices, like getting checked after every new partner and expecting the same of them, using barrier protection, etc.

Monogamy is fine for some, but I'm glad I live in a World where I have had more sexual freedom and experience than a single sexual relationship in my entire life would have afforded me. Also, inexperienced partners are usually terrible, so I'm glad most of mine had similar sexual freedom too.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Glacier » Nov 27th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Just because your sex partners were bad, that doesn't mean mine have been.

Promiscuity is anti-woman. The more women you sleep with, the more you decrease their odds of having a happy and successful marriage. It's no accident that Hollywood is both into "free love" and abusive to women at the same time.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 27th, 2017, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Verum » Nov 27th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Glacier wrote:Just because your sex partners were bad, that doesn't mean mine have.

That's not what I said at all. Anyway, I thought you only had one, so how do you know how good or bad she was? :up:
Last edited by Verum on Nov 27th, 2017, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verum
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Even Steven » Nov 27th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Pretty much anything good in this life causes cancer.

Sunshine
Chocolate
Cigarettes
Oral Sex
Cell phones

Oh well. Bring it on.

Who the hell wants to live past 70 anyway.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1818 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 27th, 2017, 4:26 pm

HANDUP.jpg
HANDUP.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Verum » Nov 27th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Glacier wrote:Just because your sex partners were bad, that doesn't mean mine have been.

Promiscuity is anti-woman. The more women you sleep with, the more you decrease their odds of having a happy and successful marriage. It's no accident that Hollywood is both into "free love" and abusive to women at the same time.

Just saw your edit. That's a bold claim and certainly not one in fitting with my experience or that of others I have talked to.

Firstly, your wording is blaming the person having sex with a woman for the decrease in the odds of a woman having a happy marriage. If a woman willingly and in full knowledge, has sex with someone, it is her responsibility for the outcomes as it affects her life. It is certainly not the case of the person who had sex with the woman who has "decrease their odds of having a happy and successful marriage", since the woman is responsible for her own actions and their effects. Even if it does decrease her chances at a happy marriage, is it not her choice to make? What about her chances at a happy life without marriage?

Anyway, by what mechanism would such decreased marital-bliss take place, and with what evidence do you make your claim?
Verum
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Glacier » Nov 27th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Verum wrote:Just saw your edit. That's a bold claim and certainly not one in fitting with my experience or that of others I have talked to.

Firstly, your wording is blaming the person having sex with a woman for the decrease in the odds of a woman having a happy marriage. If a woman willingly and in full knowledge, has sex with someone, it is her responsibility for the outcomes as it affects her life. It is certainly not the case of the person who had sex with the woman who has "decrease their odds of having a happy and successful marriage", since the woman is responsible for her own actions and their effects. Even if it does decrease her chances at a happy marriage, is it not her choice to make? What about her chances at a happy life without marriage?

Anyway, by what mechanism would such decreased marital-bliss take place, and with what evidence do you make your claim?

It's common knowledge and that's been scientifically known for decades.

Stefan spills out the graphs and facts (yes, i know he's got his biases, but the facts are facts even when nutbars post them):

Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Next

Return to Health