Looking for this product in Kelowna

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Looking for this product in Kelowna

Post by GordonH »

My friend is a type 2 diabetic (working to remove this), found something for chocolate milk drinkers (hot or cold).
I suspect will have to purchase online, unless someone knows if it is sold in Kelowna somewhere.
Here is the item
https://www.hersheys.com/en_us/products ... ttles.html

Combined with Silk Creamy Cashew unsweetened = nothing in carbs & as well almost nothing sugars
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Looking for this product in Kelowna

Post by kgcayenne »

As much ast that would be fulfilling a desire, it does nothing to retrain the palate to appreciate a more healthful diet. This is like putting a bandaid on a necrotizing wound.

Equal parts Vanilla yogurt, cottage cheese, and Silk almond milk plus a bit of pure Fryes cocoa powder, and you’ve got delicious, non sweet yumminess.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:As much ast that would be fulfilling a desire, it does nothing to retrain the palate to appreciate a more healthful diet. This is like putting a bandaid on a necrotizing wound.

Equal parts Vanilla yogurt, cottage cheese, and Silk almond milk plus a bit of pure Fryes cocoa powder, and you’ve got delicious, non sweet yumminess.

Since combination equals 4 carbs & only 2g of sugars. Besides this person is looking for a treat that stays under 5g sugars, as low as possible in the carbs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

That product contains acesulfame potassium... stay away far away from that product. It alters your neurometabolic functions and is not a good product at all.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

JennParker wrote:That product contains acesulfame potassium... stay away far away from that product. It alters your neurometabolic functions and is not a good product at all.

Thank-you, I will pass this on.

So any suggestion for artificial sweetener since sugar & honey both are unusable (to high of a GI). Oh heads up Stevia has been tried unfortunately it has discussing flavour, my friends word.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:As much ast that would be fulfilling a desire, it does nothing to retrain the palate to appreciate a more healthful diet. This is like putting a bandaid on a necrotizing wound.

I past this on, have not heard back.

Added later: kgcayenne do you have alternatives/substitutes to the 2 dairy item... yogurt & cottage cheese
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Hmmmm... there are great substitutes out there for those two items. I’d be just as happy with coconut milk and chunks of fruit... something like mango.

I can’t emphasize enough the importance of retraining the palate away from dependence on sweet flavours.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

You can order it from lowcarbgrocery.com
I make my own, it’s healthier and less expensive.

1/3 cup cocoa powder
I tsp. Vanilla
Sweetener of choice to equal 1 cup sugar(I use swerve)
1 cup of water

Simmer in a saucepan to thicken,refrigerate.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

shoo wrote:You can order it from lowcarbgrocery.com
I make my own, it’s healthier and less expensive.

1/3 cup cocoa powder
I tsp. Vanilla
Sweetener of choice to equal 1 cup sugar(I use swerve)
1 cup of water

Simmer in a saucepan to thicken,refrigerate.

Thank-you, I will pass this on.

Return to “Health”