Laser eye surgery

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.

Laser eye surgery

Postby faith177 » Mar 12th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Wondering if anyone has had this done with very bad eyes? I am around a -6.50-7 in both eyes with an astigmatism and wondering about prices and experiences. Thanks
faith177

Liked in: 39 posts

Re: Laser eye surgery

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 13th, 2018, 5:56 pm

My sister had it done and she is happy with the results. However...if you value your night vision, it could be effected.
Transport Canada will not issue a aviation medical to a person that has had it done.
Some would view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them...That should just about cover why some nations are laughing at how soft and weak we have become.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 486 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 13th, 2018, 6:53 pm

I had laser surgery to treat a retinal tear (in the hopes of preventing a full detachment). Worked like a charm, did not quite save 100% of my vision but pretty nearly and much better than the alternative. Took about ten minutes altogether, maybe five minutes or less of lazering. But I'm not quite brave enough to do it to improve vision.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 1926 posts

Postby Jlabute » May 6th, 2018, 8:29 am

-6.5 diopter is an easy fix for eye surgery and so long as your eyes are healthy, you should expect perfect results. Saying that, depending on your age, if you are over 40 you’d naturally be losing near-sightedness and may have some choices to make with your surgery. I had bad eyes 15 years ago and my eyes are still good today.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 986 posts

Return to Health